Black Monday gets head start

textaz03

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Given the state of the Eagles and the massive regression of Wentz, I’m a little surprised Pederson hasn’t been given his walking papers. 

John Elway has stepped down as Broncos GM. Well overdue.

I don't know if Philly could ever fire Pederson after he coached the team to a SB.  If Lurie wanted to fire someone and it comes down to Pederson or Howie Roseman, all Pederson has to say is...  I'm not the guy who drafted Reagor instead of Jefferson.  

1 minute ago, The_Slamman said:

I don't know if Philly could ever fire Pederson after he coached the team to a SB.  If Lurie wanted to fire someone and it comes down to Pederson or Howie Roseman, all Pederson has to say is...  I'm not the guy who drafted Reagor instead of Jefferson.  

Rosman is their #1 problem, so you arent wrong here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

please, 2021, fire MM. I will speak this into existence. 

Bruh, why are trying to jackknife this thread into some MM bs?  The real issue is whether any HC can have success while paying a slightly above average QB elite money.  Sure, Dak can beat the worst teams in the nfl (with the benefit of an onside kick).  But, can any coach overcome the vacuum created by disproportionately paying one player who does not justify the salary?  All that being said, I’ve seen enough of MM and he needs to get out.  

13 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Elway actually got a promotion and gave up his GM duties from what I heard

Yep. I missed that part. Must be nice to get a promotion for sucking at your job. I feel like I’ve seen something similar with another team somewhere regarding the GM....where was it? Hmmm 🤔 

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Yep. I missed that part. Must be nice to get a promotion for sucking at your job. I feel like I’ve seen something similar with another team somewhere regarding the GM....where was it? Hmmm 🤔 

Yeah I don’t think Jerry can give himself any more promotions, he may be tapped out, but who the hell knows

On 1/5/2021 at 5:34 AM, The_Slamman said:

Bruh, why are trying to jackknife this thread into some MM bs?  The real issue is whether any HC can have success while paying a slightly above average QB elite money.  Sure, Dak can beat the worst teams in the nfl (with the benefit of an onside kick).  But, can any coach overcome the vacuum created by disproportionately paying one player who does not justify the salary?  All that being said, I’ve seen enough of MM and he needs to get out.  

Not if MM keeps hiring guys like MN to run the defense. 

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Feel bad for Doug. I just can't imagine he's the cause of all their woes. Yes, Reich did an incredible job for their offense, but you can't convince me he was solely responsible for the Eagles success. All of the players seemed to love Doug as well. It seems to me like most of the issues the Eagles were having were because of a complete inability to draft well and actually build a team over the course of a few years.

Looking forward to watching the Eagles crash in burn these next few years and realize their mistake was in the front office, not their HC😂

Edited by elevators_rule

42 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

Feel bad for Doug. I just can't imagine he's the cause of all their woes. Yes, Reich did an incredible job for their offense, but you can't convince me he was solely responsible for the Eagles success. All of the players seemed to love Doug as well. It seems to me like most of the issues the Eagles were having were because of a complete inability to draft well and actually build a team over the course of a few years.

Looking forward to watching the Eagles crash in burn these next few years and realize their mistake was in the front office, not their HC😂

Careful, that's what I said in 2015 when Kelly was shown the door and they had no 1st rounders and he traded away all their talent and got nothing.

Only 2 years later they were able to accomplish what we could not in 25 years!

• Like 1