Has there ever been a more transparent tank job?

SmittyBacall

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Waited til it was a 3-point game? The Eagles gave up a lead with Hurts on the field and then proceeded to do almost nothing after that even with him getting the ball close to the red zone on a fluke interception all the while having chance after chance because Alex Smith is basically playing on one leg. The Eagles and Jalen Hurts had several chances to take the game over and couldn’t.

You would think they took Pat Mahomes out of the game with the way people are acting. Hurts was 7-20 for 72 yards with an interception when they pulled him. 

Yup. Hence why I didn't surprise me to see Nate out there. Besides, our team has a problem with backup QBs thrown into games beating us.

10 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Did you leave out the 8-34 rushing with two touchdowns on purpose?

One of those TDs on a drive that was dubiously aided by stupid calls? Sure. 

Hurts was not that effective tonight absent those 2 drives. He had a decent 10 minutes of the game and then got less effective as Washington adjusted. 

Hence why they went with Nate to get a "spark". 

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Hurts was not that effective tonight absent those 2 drives. He had a decent 10 minutes of the game and then got less effective as Washington adjusted. 

And how many scoring drives did that spark lead to?

It seems clear to everyone but Redskins fans what the Eagles were doing. 

11 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Are you laughing because you really don't get it? Steelers earned the right  by winning to do what is best for their team going into the playoffs. This is not a hard concept.

By the same token, pulling Hurts is also a "best for their team" move. Iggles weren't going to the playoffs. So winning does nothing for them. But the move does a few things:

• Avoids injury in a meaningless game. Preserving Hurts for when they can groom him in a more normal offseason
  • Brings Nate in to see if he can win under pressure. If he can't get the win they get the #6 pick rather than dropping to #9.

There's no downside to this move in terms of benefit to the team.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Go_Giants said:

And how many scoring drives did that spark lead to?

It seems clear to everyone but Redskins fans what the Eagles were doing. 

None. Sometimes the move works. Sometimes it doesn't. But it was clear Hurts wasn't moving the ball anymore either. Even with a giftwrapped drive deep in Washington territory.

Now relax. And enjoy the #11 pick. Like I said, I wanted the higher pick (we would've been #10) rather than the division. I'm just happy the win makes John Mara sad.

I don't really see the issue. Suds has held a clipboard for 4 years. Give him a half to showcase his talents in a meaningless game for the Eagles before he hits FA. He showed he doesn't deserve to be on an NFL roster, but at least he finally got the chance to show it.

It's also a W for the Eagles, because they now have a shot at Ja'Marr Chase and Parsons. Good chance both are gone by pick 9.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

But I still don’t understand how resting starters is somehow different or better? They’re nearly identical situations with the only difference being one happened during the game. Why one is an accepted practice and the other isn’t is kinda lost on me? Either way neither team was trying to win, no?  

You can’t really be this thick are you?

18 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

And then Nate had two turnovers almost immediately.

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:
7 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

There's no downside to this move in terms of benefit to the team.

Now relax. And enjoy the #11 pick. Like I said, I wanted the higher pick (we would've been #10) rather than the division. I'm just happy the win makes John Mara sad.

Of course there is downside to the move. The coaching staff just showed how much winning and putting in the effort means to them in prime time.

If your second point is neither the Giants or the Washington team gained from what the Eagles did, that I can agree to. I don't get you guys explaining the logic behind the Eagles tanking. If the same thing happen to the Giants, I would be like, it is not our teams fault the Eagles wanted to prove how much they suck, I am not proud of the win but I'll take it and see what noise I can make in the playoffs. 

Just now, TXsteeler said:

And then Nate had two turnovers almost immediately.

Congrats. You watched the game too. 

Still doesn't take away from the fact that sometimes coaches will bench a QB if they think another will provide a spark and generate something. Do they have crystal balls? Nope.