• DeVonta Smith WR
    • Kwity Paye DE/DT
    • Caleb Farley CB
    • Patrick Surtain III CB
    • Trey Lance QB
    • Jaylen Waddle WR

14 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:
20 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

The only real issue that I have with Parsons is the stuff that leaked out with the kid who is suing the school. A sexual assault allegation is not a minor thing in the least. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/penn-state-football-player-coach-james-franklin-told/story?id=74314780

There would need to be a lot more than this for me to come down on Parsons.  Parsons wasn't even the focal point of the story.  All the other teammates, including the one Humphries said was targeted said it didn't happen the way it was described. If found guilty, then by all means pass on him. However, he isn't even a defendant.  But I think this might be a stretch to knock his character detrimental to a football team. If at least one other person acknowledged there was an issue with Parsons I'd give it a lot more credit, but as it stands now it doesn't sound like there is much of a case against him.

13 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

I'll digress. You listen to the writers/mockers/etc and whoever you like.

I kind of listen, watch some games, look up stats, watch workouts, and my up my own opinion. A lot of times I dont know anything about certain guys cause there's too many... but Idk how anyone can confidently say they trust Parsons at 7 without just saying other people would do it. I'm personally just way more confident in a few other guys a  vs him. On top of him being a LB'er too.

IDK who said Wilson had a great game against Costal Carolina... but that was easily his worst game of the year. lol.

The sarcasm was missed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

I'm not suggesting that you don't draft him. I'm saying that it needs more investigation. When we hired Patricia almost immediately the sexual assault allegations came to light and things did not start off on a good foot. That's not the kind of start we need with our first pick under a new regime. If things check out, he's a really good player and would help improve the defense. If there is uncertainty and maybe even some plausibility to the allegations, we're likely going to be able to pick someone like Chase, Rousseau, D. Smith, etc. We can add a good player and get away from the dysfunction that has wreaked havoc on the organization the last few years. 

All in all - the Lions need to do their homework on the guy. He's not a slam dunk but we are far from slamming the door on him either. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BZski said:

Parsons easily #1 option for Lions IMO.

I would say if Lions end up with Parsons, Chase, or Sewell (crazy that he may drop at least according to mocks) It would be a great draft. 

If Sewell is sitting there... I would consider trading down to #10 with the Cowboys. I have to imagine they're going to want to move up and we could add some decent draft capital and/or players in doing so. If we could add a 3rd and maybe Michael Gallup.. I would be willing to make that kind of move. 

6 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

If Sewell is sitting there... I would consider trading down to #10 with the Cowboys. I have to imagine they're going to want to move up and we could add some decent draft capital and/or players in doing so. If we could add a 3rd and maybe Michael Gallup.. I would be willing to make that kind of move. 

If he drops to 7 I hope the Lions are shouting his name to the rafters. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

If he drops to 7 I hope the Lions are shouting his name to the rafters. 

If by some outlandish chance he drops passed Miami (Tua), I don't see him dropping to 7. Either Atlanta, Cincy, Philly or a trade up will land him before we get a shot. 

• Like 2

After reading more about possible picks for teams this is how I see the top 7 going at this point (obviously its early).

1. Jax- Lawrence- Turn the pick in now.

2. NYJ- QB- Wilson-  A lot of people say he is going to be the 2nd QB off the board. I think through the process he overtakes Fields.

3. MIA- OT Sewell- This should be a no-brainer.

4. ATL- QB- Fields- From ATL, Ryan is going to be 36. Owner already said everyone is available. New GM/HC. 

5. CIN- WR- Chase- Cincy really probably wants Sewell and they may reach for an OL that rises up the boards but as of now they take Chase and have a very scary WR core.

6. Philly- WR- DaVonta Smith- Some may say Parsons here but after reading about Howie Roseman and his lack of interest taking off the ball LBers high in the draft and def not 1st rd, I am comfortable that the Eagles pass and take a much needed WR for their offense. 

7. DET- LB- Parsons- Lions fans cry tears of joy on draft day as we finally get a defensive playmaker in the middle of our defense.  

17 minutes ago, BZski said:

After reading more about possible picks for teams this is how I see the top 7 going at this point (obviously its early).

1. Jax- Lawrence- Turn the pick in now.

2. NYJ- QB- Wilson-  A lot of people say he is going to be the 2nd QB off the board. I think through the process he overtakes Fields.

3. MIA- OT Sewell- This should be a no-brainer.

4. ATL- QB- Fields- From ATL, Ryan is going to be 36. Owner already said everyone is available. New GM/HC. 

5. CIN- WR- Chase- Cincy really probably wants Sewell and they may reach for an OL that rises up the boards but as of now they take Chase and have a very scary WR core.

6. Philly- WR- DaVonta Smith- Some may say Parsons here but after reading about Howie Roseman and his lack of interest taking off the ball LBers high in the draft and def not 1st rd, I am comfortable that the Eagles pass and take a much needed WR for their offense. 

7. DET- LB- Parsons- Lions fans cry tears of joy on draft day as we finally get a defensive playmaker in the middle of our defense.  

I guess just "Most". I will not be that satisfied. I'll admit, if it went EXACTLY like this. I can get on board with the pick. I really want Wilson/Fields/Chase/Smith. Hoping one of the four will be there.

I'm also the guy that got torched for questioning Okudah so... whatever. PFF said he was the best cover corner ever or something and no one put his team or situation in context they just ate up them PFF numbers. Now hopefully he bounces back with a good training camp, etc, but wow could go down as maybe the worst pick in the last decade if he flops again.

Edited by SimbaWho

30 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

I guess just "Most". I will not be that satisfied. I'll admit, if it went EXACTLY like this. I can get on board with the pick. I really want Wilson/Fields/Chase/Smith. Hoping one of the four will be there.

I'm also the guy that got torched for questioning Okudah so... whatever. PFF said he was the best cover corner ever or something and no one put his team or situation in context they just ate up them PFF numbers. Now hopefully he bounces back with a good training camp, etc, but wow could go down as maybe the worst pick in the last decade if he flops again.

We really won't know that until the 2022 season. CB's tend to take 2-3 years. No off-season, injuries, complete dysfunction in the organization, zero pass-rush. 

You could be right and he could be a flop but he was the consensus #1 CB across the board for multiple draft analysts. 

7 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

We really won't know that until the 2022 season. CB's tend to take 2-3 years. No off-season, injuries, complete dysfunction in the organization, zero pass-rush. 

You could be right and he could be a flop but he was the consensus #1 CB across the board for multiple draft analysts. 

It does scare me that Chris Simms was pretty adamant that Okudah was a product of the scheme and Chase Young as he had him as his #3 CB behind Henderson and Aj Terrell and to this point he was right. I am holding out hope that Okudah looked so terrible last season because our scheme was awful but the play that really stands out to me and why I am nervous was when DJ Moore blew by him like he was a middle schooler in a man to man situation against CAR. That had nothing to due with scheme, that was just what appeared to be lack of athleticism.   

2 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

You may well be proven right about Okudah. First year CB’s don’t always shine and given the coaching, lack of proper pre season preparation, injuries I’m prepared to wait and see. I certainly 🤞he shows significant improvement. The Lions need him to work out.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

It's over now, but that was exactly why drafting him at 3 OA was crazy. I'll never understand the former hires Lions just had.

Edited by SimbaWho

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

It's over now, but that was exactly why drafting him at 3 OA was crazy. I'll never understand the former hires Lions just had.

Because they needed secondary help and adding someone considered to be the best in the draft seemed to make a lot of sense. It's hard to know the truth but apparently Patricia had wanted Derrick Brown while Quinn wanted Okudah. He wasn't a stud by any means but he was graded roughly 10 - 20 points better than Shelton and Penisini on PFF.