1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

1. JacksonVille- Trevor Lawrence

2. New York- Justin Fields or Zach Wilson

3. Miami- Penei Sewell

4. Atlanta- Micah Parsons, Gregory Rousseau or DeVonta Smith

5. Cincinnati- Ja'Marr Chase

6. Philadelphia- Micah Parsons, DeVonta Smith or CB

7.?????????????????????

There are a number of players that would work at number 7.

Working off my assumption that Stafford won’t be traded, Parsons or Smith. I also won’t be upset if they took Paye, Surtain III, Farley or Rousseau.

Vote will be for Parsons.

Now, if they trade Stafford it changes.

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I voted Parsons but thinking now I would probably want Fields in this scenario.  I think he is the 2nd best QB in a strong QB class and would be the best QB we could get in a while to replace Stafford unless we plan to go total breakdown.  

I'm between the two as well.  I just don't think he will be there at 7.

I voted for Wilson but I don't think he will be there at #7 and I don't think that Fields will be there either. 

Panthers and Broncos both have some really good pieces but are a franchise QB away from taking the next step. Jets could opt to take someone at #2 and trade Darnold for a king's ransom (or trade #2 for a boatload), Falcons could look at adding their QBOTF. Miami seems to be buying into Tua. I could see them trade down with the Panthers or Broncos, add even more draft capital and still probably wind up with Parsons, Chase or D. Smith. 

This is what I'm projecting at this point. 

1 - JAC: Trevor Lawrence, QB

2 - ATL (via NYJ): Justin Fields, QB

3 - CAR (via MIA): Zach Wilson, QB

4 - NYJ (via ATL): Jamar Chase, WR

5 - CIN: Penei Sewell, OT

6 - PHI: Micah Parsons, LB

7 - DET: Gregory Rousseau, DE

8 - MIA (via CAR): Devonta Smith, WR

ATL: Trades #4, 2021 2nd, 2022 2nd to move up to #2 (Matches up in value on the trade chart)

CAR: Trades #8, 2021 2nd, 2022 1st to move up to #3

A part of the overall equation is looking forward to 2022. On Walter Football's 2022 Mock Draft, these are the guys who are 1st round QB's

- Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina (1st Overall)

- Kedon Slovis, QB, USC (2nd Overall)

- Tyler Shough, QB, Oregon (13th Overall)

As an organization you do have to weigh the current QB class against the upcoming class and determine the likelihood of being in the neighbourhood to draft one of these guys. If we have any shot at Howell it's going to be because we're somewhere in the top 3 again. 

2 hours ago, LionArkie said:

If somehow Sewell fell to 7, I'd want him.

I have been playing on PFF's mock draft simulator and this has happened more times than I expected.  The four guys I want the most all opted out this year (Sewell, Parson, Chase, Rousseau) and that could make them fall a little.  But I agree, even after giving Decker his money and with the way he played, if Sewell is there, we nab him and plug at RT.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I have been playing on PFF's mock draft simulator and this has happened more times than I expected.  The four guys I want the most all opted out this year (Sewell, Parson, Chase, Rousseau) and that could make them fall a little.  But I agree, even after giving Decker his money and with the way he played, if Sewell is there, we nab him and plug at RT.  

Do you think there is any way that the Bengals can let a top OL get past them or does the PFF simulator have someone else ranked ahead?

I can't imagine you can let your franchise QB go unprotected after getting knocked out this past year.

I’m good if we land any of these players at 7:

Lawrence

Parsons

Farely

Surtain

Chase

Fields

Rousseau

Sewall

I’d be ok with Lance or Wilson if we start the rebuild and decide that we have to go with QB and the other two aren’t available but I think Stafford still has enough in the tank to make it till we make a run.  But I’d understand if we do a full rebuild but I’d expect to get minimum a one for him.  

6 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Do you think there is any way that the Bengals can let a top OL get past them or does the PFF simulator have someone else ranked ahead?

I can't imagine you can let your franchise QB go unprotected after getting knocked out this past year.

Usually when he falls its because they go for Chase, which I could see if they are skeptical on Sewell not playing last year (although Chase hasn't either) or if they have some OT's they like in the 2nd.  Its not likely, and I understand that but it is a possibility. 

14 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I voted Parsons but thinking now I would probably want Fields in this scenario.  I think he is the 2nd best QB in a strong QB class and would be the best QB we could get in a while to replace Stafford unless we plan to go total breakdown.  

Fields didn’t impress me until the bowl game. Before I jump on the bandwagon I want to see him against Alabama.

Im going to disagree with your comment about opportunity to replace Stafford. Every year offers opportunity for a QB and the Lions have had numerous opportunities to draft a QB since drafting Stafford.

Barring a magical off season the Lions will pick high again next year.

8 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Fields didn’t impress me until the bowl game. Before I jump on the bandwagon I want to see him against Alabama.

Im going to disagree with your comment about opportunity to replace Stafford. Every year offers opportunity for a QB and the Lions have had numerous opportunities to draft a QB since drafting Stafford.

Barring a magical off season the Lions will pick high again next year.

I don't know, I mean we are only 28 pieces from a superbowl. 54 if you're counting management.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 8:49 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree - IF Fields (or honestly, maybe even Wilson) are there I would be happy with the Lions picking them. I'm just not convinced that we are going to be a contender in the next two years, and I'm not convinced that Stafford will want to stick around after that. Stafford is also good enough that, with a decent coach, we probably aren't in position (meaning a Top 2-3 pick) to ensure that we draft an elite QB prospect in the next two years either. Stafford considerably raises this team's floor. 

If they want to stick with Stafford, I'd be with with taking Smith/Waddle (especially if we lose Golladay) or Parsons if they want to go all-in on fixing the defense.