Atlanta Braves Mega Thread

coors

On 9/30/2020 at 5:12 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

huge win today. Such an advantage to win the first one in a short series. Still have to deal with (possibly) two really good starters that the reds have.

Luckily their bats were silenced. Hell of a job by Fried/Anderson and the pen.

Marlins or Cubs are next.

16 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Luckily their bats were silenced. Hell of a job by Fried/Anderson and the pen.

Marlins or Cubs are next.

not sure who i prefer out of thebtwo. cubs have darvish who would likely pitch two games... so that would suck. but the marlins may actually have the better offense?

16 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

not sure who i prefer out of thebtwo. cubs have darvish who would likely pitch two games... so that would suck. but the marlins may actually have the better offense?

I honestly think I'd rather have the Cubs at this point.

I just wish Soroka was healthy. Soroka/Fried/Anderson would have been lethal. With the way our pen has looked and the bats, whew. 

• 3 weeks later...

Being up 3-1 and losing it, is a bitter pill. So many missed opportunities to finish them off. 
Still great year, albeit an abbreviated one. Love the potential 1/2 punch of Fried and Anderson. Hoping Soroka comes back strong and organization brings back Ozuna. Future is bright.

On 10/19/2020 at 12:10 AM, WizardHawk said:

Being up 3-1 and losing it, is a bitter pill. So many missed opportunities to finish them off. 
Still great year, albeit an abbreviated one. Love the potential 1/2 punch of Fried and Anderson. Hoping Soroka comes back strong and organization brings back Ozuna. Future is bright.

overall we had no business winning the series, but once we got up 3-1 and to not put them away hurts. but as you said the future is bright for this team, we are set up very, very well for the future.

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Jonesing of some baseball already.  Love the potential of starting 5. Lock up Ozuna now, please. 

Ozuna will get offered probably next week. Hopefully, signed by mid-december. He just signed with CAA. Braves love the guy both as a clubhouse guy and on the field. And people get on him for his bad defense, but it's not THAT bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, the Braves should change their name now that George Floyd is a thing.

I propose changing the name to Thrashers after the former NHL team. The whole Thrashers look would be acquired and used verbatim, with two changes - the hockey stick of the original Thrashers logo is changed to a baseball bat, and the color Thrasher Ice Blue is now referred to as Thrasher Sky Blue.

The four uniform designs used by the NHL team would serve as the basis for four of the team's alternate uniforms. There would also be Capital Copper and Peachtree Gold alternates.

Now I know that the Braves have said they want to keep the name. But the franchise has abandoned the Braves name before. While in Boston, they were called the Bees from 1936-40.

So, saying they don't want to abandon the Braves name comes across as hypocritical.

Reusing team names from another sport is nothing new. The NBA's New Orleans Pelicans are named after former minor league baseball teams in the city. The NFL's New York Giants were named after the baseball team now known as the San Francisco Giants.

On 12/3/2020 at 12:01 AM, pf9 said:

Alright, the Braves should change their name now that George Floyd is a thing.

I propose changing the name to Thrashers after the former NHL team. The whole Thrashers look would be acquired and used verbatim, with two changes - the hockey stick of the original Thrashers logo is changed to a baseball bat, and the color Thrasher Ice Blue is now referred to as Thrasher Sky Blue.

The four uniform designs used by the NHL team would serve as the basis for four of the team's alternate uniforms. There would also be Capital Copper and Peachtree Gold alternates.

Now I know that the Braves have said they want to keep the name. But the franchise has abandoned the Braves name before. While in Boston, they were called the Bees from 1936-40.

So, saying they don't want to abandon the Braves name comes across as hypocritical.

Please stop with this. The Cherokee council in Atlanta endorsed the name Braves. They like being known as Brave. It's not a bad word, it's a word of pride. They will probably stop the tomahawk chop tho.

Another reason I want the Braves name retired in favor of Thrashers is that the Braves are Atlanta's only big 4 team currently without a bird-themed nickname and logo.

Thrashers would be a reference to Georgia's state bird.

Atlanta's minor league teams in the Jackson, Mississippi area, and Rome, Georgia would adopt unique identities as the major league club transitions to the Thrashers name.

The Mississippi Braves would change their name to the Mississippi Mud Pies, after a popular dessert in the state.

The Rome Braves would become the Rome Emperors, honoring the city's namesake of Rome, Italy, once the capital of the Roman Empire.

On 12/17/2020 at 2:35 PM, pf9 said:

Atlanta's minor league teams in the Jackson, Mississippi area, and Rome, Georgia would adopt unique identities as the major league club transitions to the Thrashers name.

The Mississippi Braves would change their name to the Mississippi Mud Pies, after a popular dessert in the state.

The Rome Braves would become the Rome Emperors, honoring the city's namesake of Rome, Italy, once the capital of the Roman Empire.

This is no transition to the Thrashers name. This is lunacy. 

anyway, sorry, I got distracted in here. I came to ask for y’all’s thoughts on Perry Minasian. Seems like he knows what’s he doing so far. Was he highly regarded in the organization?

On 12/17/2020 at 4:35 PM, pf9 said:

Nevermind.

Edited by devils1854
Not worth getting banned.