Mock that will really make people think.

jetfuel34

I have been thinking about what way the Jets would go and I think you are going to see some BIG changes. I think once Woody said he would be coming back and not even sit in on the HC interviews is a great sign.

Step 1. The New Head Coach. I don't see the Jets grabbing a college coach. They will grab a guy that is a CEO type guy which they have said to the media.

Brian Daboll

He will come in and take control and really put us on the map.

Step 2. Now we have to get our OC and DC.

DC: Marvin Lewis

I think the Jets will hire a former HC to be the DC to help out the new HC for a sounding board. 

OC Ken Dorsey

I think Brian brings him over from the Bills to help out. 

Step 3. FA

I think we will spend but it will not be for the big FA.

Lenord Fournette - I think he takes this job beacsue this might be his last change to be a 3 down back. 

Jameis Winston - I think he is brought in on a 2 year deal in the range of 8 mill per year with no deal money after year 1. 

Marcus Maye - I think we resign him beacsue JD already stated he is top priority.

Step 4. Trade.

I think in the end JD is going with a good young experance QB who will work well with Daboll.

Sam Darnold is traded to the Raiders for Marcus Mariota and the the Raiders 2nd round pick (48 overall).

Step 4. Draft

The Jets trade down from pick 2 with Cinn for pick 5 overall and their 3rd round pick plus next years fisrt round pick. (They want Sewell bad after seeing what happend to Burrow. CAN'T HAVE THIS HAPPEN AGAIN!) Sewell is a once in a generation QB and they don't want to miss out. 

5. D. Smith WR Alabama ( He is the real deal. I was thinking QB but I'm just not sold on Wilson or Fields and keep seeing my self trying to buy into this and I just don't see it.)

27. Wyatt Davis G Ohio St. ( I think him and Pat E. fill in the G spots and have now a good OL with Fant and Becton at Tackles.)

34 Asanta Samuel Jr CB Fl St (He will be really good CB 2 or maybe CB 1 if he hits his ceiling)

48. (Raiders pick)  Quincy Roche Edge Miami ( i real don't see a good edge guy here or in FA and we take a shot on him.)

66. Justyn Ross WR Clemson (I think we grab him as he is falling just like Mims did last year. He is our red zone target at 6' 4")

90. (Seattle pick) Joe Tyron Edge Washington ( I think we take another shot at an edge guy and hope 1 hits but if both hit look out)

97. Jaret Patterson RB Buffalo ( Man I watched him a few times and I was shocked that he is under 200 pounds. He runs like a big back.)

129. Jake Ferguson TE Wiscon  ( I am not a fan of grabing TE and RB in the first 2 rounds. We get one here to see what he can do.)

137. (Giants) Brenton Cox Jr. LB Florida ( I think we bring Mosley back and he can help fill in too.)

172. ( NE)  Isreal Mukuamu CB South Carolina ( i like his size at 6' 4". He might be able to cover the TE and be our 4th CB.

Overall

I think we Mariota and Winston battle it out for the QB job and see what happens. I think Daboll will make one of these guys a top 10 QB and it will be cheap and not cost us a high draft pick. 

The weapons will be a lot better with Fournette and Patterson as RB and Smith and Mims on the outside with Crowder in the slot. 

The DB will be in better shape with Maye and Austin at FS and SS then you add Samuel to it. I would let the other CB battle it out to see what happens. 

Edge is still a problem but we hope one of the draft picks hit. I just don't see a good Edge guy in FA or the draft. 

Perhaps the strongest draft class in the past 10 years and we go into the Draft and not pick one, and instead of building around Darnold we trade him for a couple of retreads?

Actually, this Mock did nothing for my thought process. No attack toward you personally.

13 hours ago, Big T said:

Perhaps the strongest draft class in the past 10 years and we go into the Draft and not pick one, and instead of building around Darnold we trade him for a couple of retreads?

Actually, this Mock did nothing for my thought process. No attack toward you personally.

Every year is the “strongest” in the last 10 years. In fact, having a weak QB class is the real anomaly. When we picked Sam, it was supposed to be the class reminiscent of 1983. Every year there is a “generational talent” or “franchise QB”.  Please do not let the media talking heads make you believe otherwise.

That said, is it really out of the realm of possibility that we acquire our starting QB via trade or FA? Are you so certain that JD and our new HC are sold on Fields or Wilson? 

45 minutes ago, xrade said:

Every year is the “strongest” in the last 10 years. In fact, having a weak QB class is the real anomaly. When we picked Sam, it was supposed to be the class reminiscent of 1983. Every year there is a “generational talent” or “franchise QB”.  Please do not let the media talking heads make you believe otherwise.

That said, is it really out of the realm of possibility that we acquire our starting QB via trade or FA? Are you so certain that JD and our new HC are sold on Fields or Wilson? 

This guy gets it.

I'm not sold on any QB except T Law and I think JD will not fall into the trap. He was a great HC first and then see if they can work with an experiance QB. If you can cut down Winston turnovers he be really good and Mariota looked really good filling in for Carr. Sometimes all it takes a change of team with a new staff to change that young QB from below average to above averge or even top 10 type guy. You can look at QB's like Brady who looked done as a Pat, Tannehill, Brees, Rivers, I can go on and on on how these guys go from one team to another and do well. Look at all the QB that where suppose to be the guy and tanked. The list would go on for ever. 

It’s outside the box for sure but I see no want or need to have Mariota and Winston battling for our starting qb job. Sure one of them as backup is fine but we need to have our franchise qb and picking #2 with two good options in Fields and Wilson is too risky to not try and get one of them. 

Hell I’d rather keep Sam for another year as starter than these two. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, xrade said:

If you look back on the year that Darnold was picked YES it was a good year. No one is saying Darnold is not a talent and many experts in the NFL believe the same thing. I'm sold on 4 QB's all of which can be franchise altering picks, T Law, Fields, Wilson, and Jones.

If I listened to the media, than Sam Darnold is broken beyond repair in NYC. You assume too much when it comes to ones personal opinion. Just as your's has to be respected but not necessarily correct. It is what you believe.