Horror Movie Mafia Sign up and Game thread

bcb1213

Just now, james.mcmurry13 said:

...and?

Pretty certain it's worth whatever I've given up so far. 

I know I'm town. And I know bucs isn't aligned with my faction.

Now. 

If bucs is "other" is he a threat to evil? Because my roles says eliminate threats to evil. What if bucs and cwood are an other that aren't necessarily threats to town?

What if bucs is an other faction, that is also evil? It's kind of a blend of my two theories, but this is a wild game. 

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

James, it feels like your'e trying to steer us away from bucs. Any reason why?

No, I'm okay with tk3 or bucs (my vote is currently on tk3).

If dome has special info that suggests bucs is a "threat to evil", he should either share that info so we can all break it down and figure out what else it might mean, or he should more subtly use that. The really weak claims don't give me any confidence.

2 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I don't really get that feeling from him.

Re-reading his posts, I guess it isn't so much steering away as much as putting doubt into it.

If Dome is lying, he has to know he'll be lynched next. I just don't see what he has to gain at this point in the game if he were mafia with us only losing one so far.

52 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I have role based knowledge that Mookie was hit by a civ.

Assuming that the other two were both hit by mafia, that means Bucs was hit by mafia.

Unless of course civs had 2 hits, but it feels unlikely.

So we have two separate people pop in here and both of them say they have "role based knowledge". 

Thats not odd to anybody??

So tk3 claims to have "role based knowledge" as well? Who claimed this first?

Tk3, but to be fair, he admitted his knowledge didn't give a definitive answer on what mookie was, just a good possibility.

5 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

There's a glaring hole with this though. How would he know he isn't aligned with him? 

Invest? Then just say you investigated him. 

Watched him? Then say what you know. 

The fact he keeps saying "role based" isn't concerning to anyone? 

IMO I see one of two scenarios. Dome is mafia and therefore knows Bucs isn't aligned with him but thinks/knows he is an other.

or dome is an other and thinks/knows Bucs is mafia. 

There is no other scenario that would give him knowledge that someone isn't aligned with him.

Maybe I'm not following this correctly, but if dome's claim becomes suspicious after bucs flips then can't we just lynch dome the next day? I feel like dome is telling the truth because otherwise it's suicide.

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

Pretty certain it's worth whatever I've given up so far. 

I know I'm town. And I know bucs isn't aligned with my faction.

Now. 

If bucs is "other" is he a threat to evil? Because my roles says eliminate threats to evil. What if bucs and cwood are an other that aren't necessarily threats to town?

What if bucs is an other faction, that is also evil? It's kind of a blend of my two theories, but this is a wild game. 

An "other" wouldn't necessarily be an enemy, but they'd probably have their own win condition and wouldn't have incentive to work with us later in the game.

What I'm saying with regards to your claim is that if we're going to go hard with it, we need to know how you know what you know. That gives us more input, more perspective, and can make sure that it isn't some sort of false flag or red herring.

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

Maybe I'm not following this correctly, but if dome's claim becomes suspicious after bucs flips then can't we just lynch dome the next day? I feel like dome is telling the truth because otherwise it's suicide.

This is what I'm getting as well.

Just now, james.mcmurry13 said:

An "other" wouldn't necessarily be an enemy, but they'd probably have their own win condition and wouldn't have incentive to work with us later in the game.

What I'm saying with regards to your claim is that if we're going to go hard with it, we need to know how you know what you know. That gives us more input, more perspective, and can make sure that it isn't some sort of false flag or red herring.

Don't you watch scary movies?

So we have two separate people pop in here and both of them say they have "role based knowledge". 

Thats not odd to anybody??

It's odd to me but this whole game has been odd. I expected 0% of those night actions so I really have no clue what people could or couldn't know.

Just now, Whicker said:

My line of thinking here is I do not see a civ based role that would give him knowledge that someone is not aligned with him without some form of investigation. That is the only way he could know. 

My theory is that dome is either an other, trying to get mafia lynched. Or mafia, trying to get an other lynched.

Just now, Pats#1 said:

Tk3, but to be fair, he admitted his knowledge didn't give a definitive answer on what mookie was, just a good possibility.

I know Mookie was hit by a civ

Assuming that of the 3 night hits; 1 was a civ role hit, 1 was a mafia role hit, 1 was a mafia chatty hit - that leads me to believe that both bucs and untouchable were hit by mafia.

It doesn't means bucs isn't a civ, but it means he isn't a mafia (unless he converted, which has been speculated)

Further, both bucs and mookie were "saved" by a night move. Since I doubt that civs had BOTH of those roles, I'm assuming one of them is mafia.

I don't know anything for certain of Mookie's role, only that he was hit by a civ, not the mafia.

Connecting the dots, it makes me believe Mookie is mafia. Much of that is speculation, but it is my best lead.

Archived