2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

6 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

There is a tag/tender offer sheet in docs, that’s why I have used.

OK thanks.  I couldn't find my players on there.

Sorry to do this, but I didn't realize I was gonna have to still pay my tagged players the amount listed on their APY.  I was under the impression tagging them with no comp lowered that.

So I actually don't want to spend the money on those contracts.  @squire12 and @ny92mike what do I do to release my bid on them?  Nothing?

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Sorry to do this, but I didn't realize I was gonna have to still pay my tagged players the amount listed on their APY.  I was under the impression tagging them with no comp lowered that.

So I actually don't want to spend the money on those contracts.  @squire12 and @ny92mike what do I do to release my bid on them?  Nothing?

You pay the tender price unless someone else bids on that player and if they bid depending on what tender you placed you either receive compensation or have the choice to match the bid. If no one bids on your players you get them back at the tender amount not the apy amount.

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Did you tender any one? If no, don't worry as those players going to UFA.  

Edit

If you already did then what Mountainpd said.

Edited by JetsandI

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

You don't pay that unless another team is putting a tender offer on them.  If no team does this then you only pay them the one year tender amount that you tendered them at originally.  

Tender Offered Tender Amount
ROFR - No Comp. $2,240,000
ROFR - Orig. Draft Rnd. Comp. $2,240,000
ROFR - 2nd Rnd. Comp. $3,422,000
ROFR - 1st Rnd. Comp. $4,873,000

2 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

You pay the tender price unless someone else bids on that player and if they bid depending on what tender you placed you either receive compensation or have the choice to match the bid. If no one bids on your players you get them back at the tender amount not the apy amount.

I messaged squire about it last week and misunderstood.  It's an invalid contract unless I meet the APY, and neither player's worth the APY.  Also, I have to make dinner, and this is too much to do in the next 30 minutes.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Did you tender any one? If no, don't worry as those players going to UFA.  

I tendered two RFAs with no comp.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I messaged squire about it last week and misunderstood.  It's an invalid contract unless I meet the APY, and neither player's worth the APY.  Also, I have to make dinner, and this is too much to do in the next 30 minutes.

@Daniel

An outside team offering a contract to a player that was RFA tagged needs to meet the APY for that player with the contract they create.  Your RFA tag is only for the RFA tagged value.  Sorry for any confusion.

I really wish some of the new guys would have taken us up on doing a walk through with the workbooks.  I think a lot of the confusion with things could have been averted if we could have gotten 15 minutes of your time before we started.  Same with reading the guidelines before hand.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

If you plan to attempt to sign RFA away from original team then you have to make a valid contract and hope for that team doesn't match it.  You will lose a certain compensation pick for successfully retaining that RFA.

Since you don't plan to spend anything. don't bother to fill out contracts.  Leave it in blank.

RFA with no comp cost 2. something.  Almost 5m to cover those 2 RFAs but those prices are already count against the cap.

Just now, ny92mike said:

I really wish some of the new guys would have taken us up on doing a walk through with the workbooks.  I think a lot of the confusion with things could have been averted if we could have gotten 15 minutes of your time before we started.  Same with reading the guidelines before hand.

Pop Quiz via PM.. Will it be helpful. lol.

• Like 1