2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

1 minute ago, mountainpd said:

Maybe flip it on its head. What’s easier for you? What’s your opinion?

are these the options?

•  Have players that are cut go to UFA and be available to be bid on
  • revamp the waiver wire process so a team drops 32 spots instead of the 16.   Each claim gets registered and after the deadline, all the claims are processed.   Claimed players are awarded, unclaimed players go to UFA.
    • How the claimed players are awarded is up for debate
      • Does the team with the highest claim spot get any player they claim ... OR
      • Does the team once awarded a player drop to the last spot and the next team up gets their highest claim choice?

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

are these the options?

•  Have players that are cut go to UFA and be available to be bid on
  • revamp the waiver wire process so a team drops 32 spots instead of the 16.   Each claim gets registered and after the deadline, all the claims are processed.   Claimed players are awarded, unclaimed players go to UFA.
    • How the claimed players are awarded is up for debate
      • Does the team with the highest claim spot get any player they claim ... OR
      • Does the team once awarded a player drop to the last spot and the next team up gets their highest claim choice?

my 2p worth

I think most players were almost awarded so the big decision if WW is restarted is whether these are returned. Although I may benefit from this I think this is a little unfair. It was pointed out to me that the last option is not how it works irl so In which the highest claiming team can claim everyone.

My vote would be 

revamp the waiver wire process so a team drops 32 spots instead of the 16.   Each claim gets registered and after the deadline, all the claims are processed.   Claimed players are awarded, unclaimed players go to UFA.

I would allow players already awarded to stay (batch 1) everyone else who was on the clock to be restarted as some people had bids against players they didn’t actually bid on. 

6 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

my 2p worth

I think most players were almost awarded so the big decision if WW is restarted is whether these are returned. Although I may benefit from this I think this is a little unfair. It was pointed out to me that the last option is not how it works irl so In which the highest claiming team can claim everyone.

My vote would be 

revamp the waiver wire process so a team drops 32 spots instead of the 16.   Each claim gets registered and after the deadline, all the claims are processed.   Claimed players are awarded, unclaimed players go to UFA.

I would allow players already awarded to stay (batch 1) everyone else who was on the clock to be restarted as some people had bids against players they didn’t actually bid on. 

I agree.   keep the forms the same so @ny92mike doesn't have build something new.  

after each claim submitted, the team drops 32 slots for their next claim.  

Keep the claims blind so teams are bidding on players they want and not trying to work the system type thing.

If the sheet the claims are collected can be filtered, it might require someone to offer to filter and process the claims so Mike does not have to do all that work.  Probably would be good to have 2 (or more) people so there is a double check on things.     I can help, but would somewhat depend on my time/availability.  As long as people are OK if the process takes a few hours, then that should work out.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I agree.   keep the forms the same so @ny92mike doesn't have build something new.  

Keep the claims blind so teams are bidding on players they want and not trying to work the system type thing.

If the sheet the claims are collected can be filtered, it might require someone to offer to filter and process the claims so Mike does not have to do all that work.  Probably would be good to have 2 (or more) people so there is a double check on things.     I can help, but would somewhat depend on my time/availability.  As long as people are OK if the process takes a few hours, then that should work out.

I can help.

Hell let me edit this....lol.

Holy crap had the scare of the century just now with this computer.  IF any of you know anything about networking.  This computer has been doing this for some time but late last night it dropped the internet connection.  Got up to do the routine fix to get it back up and it wasn't working.  I couldn't get it to connect for like 30 minutes I've been freaking out over here.

HELP

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, squire12 said:
27 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

my 2p worth

My vote would be 

Prior claims and times are gone...was removed for testing purposes and to fix the issues besides the it wasn't even accurate in what it was showing before.

You guys are playing leap frog with the waiver wire order and that really wasn't what it was designed to do.  I guess the blind claim/bidding helps with this but I know what will happen if it's completely blind is that I'll get messages as to whether their claim was accepted.  I can hide just enough I think to prevent this.  Just not a real fan of hiding it, but I get the reasons why it would be beneficial to do so.

Dropping from 16 to 32 is worked out already.  The entire WW is working better now than it ever has thanks to @JetsandI for assisting in testing and catching issues.

What you're suggesting would work but to be honest it would be time consuming to sort like this.  That is if I'm understanding correctly, once the 48 hour window has expired are you talking about pulling the data, and sorting it out to determine if they missed out on the first claim to readjust the order?  You'd pull your hair out trying to figure this out.  If it was just a couple guys maybe not but the entire erfa drop would be difficult.  I personally would not want to mess with it, so someone else would need to manage the entire thing.

27 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

The waiver wire is open for testing if you guys would like to see if the changes @JetsandI did would work for you guys.

It doesn't fix the request to have your claim order reset if you aren't awarded a player, but it's doing everything else it was designed to do and correctly to my knowledge.

Lovely let’s roll with it. Great work.