2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

Been screwing around with this waiver wire....driving me nuts that I can't get it figured out.

@JetsandI and I have got the formula figured out so that it's doing what it was designed to do, but what some of you were hoping for it to do by restarting you order if not awarded the player creates a circular reference which excel doesn't do.  

We have it to the point that for every claim you enter, it's counts as a claim regardless whether you are awarded the player or not.  For each claim you make you drop 32 spots when you enter a new claim. 

Our current options:

1.   Use it as is.
  2.   Have a fixed waiver claim order that doesn't change regardless how many offers you make.
    1. Only crap thing about this a team with a high order # could clean house.
  3. Just don't use a waiver wire.

Just let me know what you want to do.  I know some have suggested not using a workbook but it's too much trouble to track this for players that more than likely wouldn't even make your final 53 man roster.

@squire12   

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Been screwing around with this waiver wire....driving me nuts that I can't get it figured out.

@JetsandI and I have got the formula figured out so that it's doing what it was designed to do, but what some of you were hoping for it to do by restarting you order if not awarded the player creates a circular reference which excel doesn't do.  

We have it to the point that for every claim you enter, it's counts as a claim regardless whether you are awarded the player or not.  For each claim you make you drop 32 spots when you enter a new claim. 

Our current options:

1.   Use it as is.
  2.   Have a fixed waiver claim order that doesn't change regardless how many offers you make.

Just let me know what you want to do.  I know some have suggested not using a workbook but it's too much trouble to track this for players that more than likely wouldn't even make your final 53 man roster.

@squire12   

1.! For sure 

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Our current options:

1.   Use it as is.

@squire12   

I selfishly would say leave it and don’t use the waiver wire but I’m picking 32.

Every time I bid on a player someone else would almost immediately put in a bid on the same player which is of course how the system is designed to work but the higher claiming teams would clean up.

One way I could see it working would be for each team to have one bid a day like a mini draft. But an awful lot of work. But like used to happy for lower rounds of mock. Problem is the list is changing and not fixed like a draft.

jags select player A or decline to bid,

Jets select player B or decline to bid etc etc, 

roll it for 2 rounds and then go back to normal as most of the extra players added will have been taken.

I hope some of the above makes sense to someone.

Alternatively I for one will not lose any sleep if it’s just restarted with a WW drop as before being 32 rather than 16 as although I won’t be able to get much at at least the higher picking teams won’t clean up.

3 hours ago, mountainpd said:

I selfishly would say leave it and don’t use the waiver wire but I’m picking 32.

Every time I bid on a player someone else would almost immediately put in a bid on the same player which is of course how the system is designed to work but the higher claiming teams would clean up.

One way I could see it working would be for each team to have one bid a day like a mini draft. But an awful lot of work. But like used to happy for lower rounds of mock. Problem is the list is changing and not fixed like a draft.

jags select player A or decline to bid,

Jets select player B or decline to bid etc etc, 

roll it for 2 rounds and then go back to normal as most of the extra players added will have been taken.

I hope some of the above makes sense to someone.

Alternatively I for one will not lose any sleep if it’s just restarted with a WW drop as before being 32 rather than 16 as although I won’t be able to get much at at least the higher picking teams won’t clean up.

Whatever is decided can it be done early.

one so players can be claimed before next round of free agency and also as at least three players who will revert to waiver wire are being bid on in free agency round 2 already.

6 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Our current options:

1.   Use it as is.

@squire12   

If you have a build that drops a claim 32 spots and those are pulled to a sheet that can be filtered, it should work.  Will be a little more time to do the filtering, but would be functional 

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

If you have a build that drops a claim 32 spots and those are pulled to a sheet that can be filtered, it should work.  Will be a little more time to do the filtering, but would be functional 

quick question.   In WW, Mike has to do a round by a round.   

• Adding new released qualified players to WW.
  • Waiting for 48 hours to be expired.
  • Sorting the round for awarding claims manually. 

Correct?

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Correct?

In my understanding yes to the above although if people could claim their own players it may make it easier.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Correct?

Yes, I believe that is the process.  Though not all released players go to waivers.  Depending on years in the league, they could go directly to UFA

• Like 2

I have been thinking about holding qualified WW players until UDFA event.    Both WW players and UDFA are trying to win roster spot anyway.

But first, I need to know what process is there for UDFA, the final event of TCMD.

Edited by JetsandI

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I have been thinking about holding qualified WW players until UDFA event.    Both WW players and UDFA are trying to win roster spot anyway.

But first, I need to know what process is there for UDFA, the final event of TCMD.

There has been.  But there is also some waning interest even in the last round or 2 of the draft.  

15 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I disagree.

either run the current WW in its current format or add them straight to UFA pool.

A few people have dropped out by UDFA point so I would leave the two separate.