Raiders hire Gus Bradley as DC

RaidersAreOne

On 1/23/2021 at 8:31 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'd bring in Hooker but only if we can't get someone else.

What about drafting a guy in day 3. Have Abram to cover dropping deep too. He's actually been okay in single high when he's stuck to his job. Heath can play in the box well. Muse can probably do that job too, maybe even White.

How does Bradley like to align his lineman?  Heard its much different to PG

43 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

What about drafting a guy in day 3. Have Abram to cover dropping deep too. He's actually been okay in single high when he's stuck to his job. Heath can play in the box well. Muse can probably do that job too, maybe even White.

How does Bradley like to align his lineman?  Heard its much different to PG

Abram should play pass rushing nickel CB and box safety.  Don't want him ever dropping deep until he can develop patience and understand the importance of maintaining his assignment.  We need a FS, hopefully a day two pick and a FA as well.  We need to reload that position with serious capital.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Muse at FS would be a disaster. He has no range and from what he shown at a Clemson has terrible vision and terrible hips which would expose him like no other back there. 

I don’t know what Muse role will be but I can tell u if he’s sees the field it’s not a good thing. 

Really? Great break down. I haven't ever watched the guy play. I probably should have mentioned he had stiff hips. Also if I ever did watch him play at Clemson I would probably say that he does not have bad vision and indeed does have range. But was not asked to play free safety on the traditional sense at Clemson. But on reps where he was playing fs the last guy back he actually played really well. Even had a few interceptions. A lot of times he was even assigned to cover wideouts in man coverage. This was almost always a bad idea due to his poor hips. But his closing speed and range was shown on multiple occasions when he would run down guys. Clemson was weak against the deep ball all year because they were very young and inexperienced at corner. Muse played Hybrid corner/safety/LB. Any time he was corner he got merced. I was not a fan of us picking him because although he has the heart of a lion (er I guess tiger) he is super stiff. And he was never given a specific role played freelance a lot. And I just thought there was better players available. But we took him and he is here. Most likely they are going to put him on the field somewhere. But like I said. Given a role where the play is in front of him. Be it in the 📦 or up high he can excell. Would he be the best option? Absolutely not! But he would be better than Harris. Anyway my whole point was I don't see us putting much into the secondary this season if anything. But I could be wrong I was wrong before could be again. I mean I didn't think we would draft a dude in the 3rd just to trade him for a fourth.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

Really? Great break down. I haven't ever watched the guy play. I probably should have mentioned he had stiff hips. Also if I ever did watch him play at Clemson I would probably say that he does not have bad vision and indeed does have range. But was not asked to play free safety on the traditional sense at Clemson. But on reps where he was playing fs the last guy back he actually played really well. Even had a few interceptions. A lot of times he was even assigned to cover wideouts in man coverage. This was almost always a bad idea due to his poor hips. But his closing speed and range was shown on multiple occasions when he would run down guys. Clemson was weak against the deep ball all year because they were very young and inexperienced at corner. Muse played Hybrid corner/safety/LB. Any time he was corner he got merced. I was not a fan of us picking him because although he has the heart of a lion (er I guess tiger) he is super stiff. And he was never given a specific role played freelance a lot. And I just thought there was better players available. But we took him and he is here. Most likely they are going to put him on the field somewhere. But like I said. Given a role where the play is in front of him. Be it in the 📦 or up high he can excell. Would he be the best option? Absolutely not! But he would be better than Harris. Anyway my whole point was I don't see us putting much into the secondary this season if anything. But I could be wrong I was wrong before could be again. I mean I didn't think we would draft a dude in the 3rd just to trade him for a fourth.

Sounds like he'd make a decent enough MLB and focus on the run. If Kwit went down, we'd be screwed there. Maybe use his speed in the spy rolenwe had Key playing? 

Adding another decent coverage LB to man the other spot opposite Littleton should be an easy enough find. 

I don't want him playing S though. We can't afford to get cute at FS while Abram blows off coverages left and right. 

Edited by ronjon1990

10 hours ago, Jerry said:

Abram should play pass rushing nickel CB and box safety.  Don't want him ever dropping deep until he can develop patience and understand the importance of maintaining his assignment.  We need a FS, hopefully a day two pick and a FA as well.  We need to reload that position with serious capital.

He's actually played that role for us before and played very well, better then any other Safety we have signed up.  

Maybe Abrams main issue is he never respected PG and felt like he was above him. Hopefully Bradley can harness his atheltisum and energy and keep him in check. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to see him play.  I hope they play him a lot in the preseason so we can get a look at him on the field.  Would be nice if he could develop into a swiss army knife for us.  Do a lot of things at a really high level.

38 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

He's actually played that role for us before and played very well, better then any other Safety we have signed up.  

Maybe Abrams main issue is he never respected PG and felt like he was above him. Hopefully Bradley can harness his atheltisum and energy and keep him in check. 

Hopefully he can.  Abram clearly has the athleticism and mentality needed to be successful in the NFL.

25 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Must suck to be Muse.... dude has never played in an NFL game, but already written off because of where he was drafted. 

I'm genuinely curious what he can develop into at the WLB spot.

That's just some Raiders fans for you.  Just want to crap on everything.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

The coach said they are gonna move him to LB were his coverage ability is a plus.

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Hopefully he can.  Abram clearly has the athleticism and mentality needed to be successful in the NFL.

He however does not have the instincts or ball skills to be a successful. 

And can we loose this "mentality" cliché simply because he hits hard. He's not a smart player, doesn't play with any control whatsoever and frequently injures himself or his teammates. He's got the mentality of Ricky Bobby 

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

That's just some Raiders fans for you.  Just want to crap on everything.

Weird... I often get thrown in that crowd for criticizing players lol. I think you have to at least see what the player has and what the staff envisioned before judging. Muse hasn't played a snap

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He however does not have the instincts or ball skills to be a successful. 

And can we loose this "mentality" cliché simply because he hits hard. He's not a smart player, doesn't play with any control whatsoever and frequently injures himself or his teammates. He's got the mentality of Ricky Bobby 

I'm not writing him off just yet.  I don't think the Raiders are either.  Mayock said Abram missed a lot of practice but still played on Sunday.  I think that had a lot to do with the mistakes he made.  I think he will be much better next year, especially if Bradley utilizes him the way he should be used, which I personally think is a lot like Jamal Adams.

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Weird... I often get thrown in that crowd for criticizing players lol. I think you have to at least see what the player has and what the staff envisioned before judging. Muse hasn't played a snap

Well I think we all do it from time to time.  I started off by saying I never wanted Josh Jacobs.  Then I quietly ate my crow during his first season.  Still think he's a pretty good pick overall.  Maybe he was drafted earlier than some would like but he's still provided us with over 2,000 yards of production over his first two seasons.  Not bad at all.  But yeah I agree, pretty messed up that Muse was a 4th round pick, didn't play a snap, and people already assume he is trash.

11 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'm not writing him off just yet.  I don't think the Raiders are either.  Mayock said Abram missed a lot of practice but still played on Sunday.  I think that had a lot to do with the mistakes he made.  I think he will be much better next year, especially if Bradley utilizes him the way he should be used, which I personally think is a lot like Jamal Adams.

Here is hoping. I thought he sucked at Miss State. Didn't understand why he was a first round pick. Hated the cliché he just looks like a Raider because he tries to play the game in away it can't be played anymore. They need coverage and drafted a guy who's biggest issues were coverage, ball skills and instincts.

I'm genuinely rooting for the staff to get something out of him. This past season was awful. Worst safety play I can remember seeing going back to maybe a Stuart Schweigert