Madden 18

bucsfan333

12 hours ago, Purple-Pride07 said:

Be honest, is it still the same old game as it is every year?

I haven't bought Madden in years, but I'm getting an itch.

I'm not trying to make a point here, I'm being 100% and entirely honest... I bought the newest Madden once Aaron Rodgers got hurt.  I played it for a few weeks, got sick of it, sold it (for a profit, lol), then I regretted it like two weeks later and went out and bought a used copy of Madden 17.  I played it for a while, got sick of it, a couple weeks went by and I wanted to play it again.  I put it in and I literally forgot that I was playing 17 and not 18. 

Literally the only improvement from Madden 17 to Madden 18 is an almost negligible upgrade on defensive coverage.  You can get this same difference in Madden 17 if you lightly tweak the AI. 

The real difference between 17 and 18 is the move to the frostbite engine. Relatively significant graphics upgrade and more fluid animations. Aside from that and minor differences in the out of box AI, it’s not much more than a roster update.

6 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm not trying to make a point here, I'm being 100% and entirely honest... I bought the newest Madden once Aaron Rodgers got hurt.  I played it for a few weeks, got sick of it, sold it (for a profit, lol), then I regretted it like two weeks later and went out and bought a used copy of Madden 17.  I played it for a while, got sick of it, a couple weeks went by and I wanted to play it again.  I put it in and I literally forgot that I was playing 17 and not 18. 

Literally the only improvement from Madden 17 to Madden 18 is an almost negligible upgrade on defensive coverage.  You can get this same difference in Madden 17 if you lightly tweak the AI. 

Gracias.

I'm more of a franchise mode guy anyway and the problems I often have are in the lack of any change to it on a yearly basis. I also wish the be a pro was more in-depth. Was so ground-breaking when it was introduced in, what, '05?

Could anybody clarify how head-to-head rankings work? I've never played online enough in previous iterations to achieve a rank, but I just placed in Madden 17. At 11-6 I was in the "top 93%" with 3,100 "ranking points", beat a guy who had a higher "rank" and more "ranking points", but despite winning I dropped to top 86%.. but my "ranking points" increased?

Why do I get the feeling this system boosts players who play more often, thereby making the ranking system largely worthless?

And WHY wouldn't they implement the league/tier system that exists in FIFA?

17 hours ago, iknowcool said:

EA is lazy.  I doubt they ever make an improvement to the franchise or MyPlayer mode.  I don't see why it can't at least be a fraction as good of 2K MyPlayer.

They made it worse actually by making your myplayer choose his own plays. Now there's no risk of only getting 9 carries a game, you can get 55 a game if you want. 

Edit: it's why I couldn't make another Tank bawse thread or other superstar threads. Couldn't get realistic stats and couldn't get myself to play honest and only give a player a certain amount. 

9 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Is this game worth buying for $18? I would only play career mode

The GOAT Super Bowl Edition is on sale for PS+ members.

Did you own 17?

If not, its worth picking up.

Otherwise, its largely the same game.

On 1/18/2018 at 10:03 AM, iPwn said:

The real difference between 17 and 18 is the move to the frostbite engine. Relatively significant graphics upgrade and more fluid animations. Aside from that and minor differences in the out of box AI, it’s not much more than a roster update.

Was it really THAT significant?     Physics and animations are still terrible and outdated.  

The frostbite engine did next to nothing to actually improve the game.   Lighting is slightly better.    There are a few tweaks made to gameplay that made it somewhat better, but not a single major improvement was made to the game....and they still went ahead and charged full price.....which is why their constant bellyaching about "short development cycles" is a complete joke.  

22 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Is this game worth buying for $18? I would only play career mode

The GOAT Super Bowl Edition is on sale for PS+ members.

If you had M17 then you're 100% paying $18 for a roster update. 

Archived