Madden 18

bucsfan333

8 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Well, I got it. I haven't played Madden in at least 3-4 years, so we'll see how it goes. 

If thats the case, and you only paid half price or so, you should be okay.

Depending on what type of player you are, you might get bored real quick, though.   (if you are a GOAT/online tourney type player, you should really like it.   If you are an offline sim type guy.....you will probably get board after a couple weeks.   If you are somewhere in between that plays both, you should still get enough enjoyment out of it for it to be worth it.  

On 1/19/2018 at 2:24 PM, Heimdallr said:

Is this game worth buying for $18? I would only play career mode

The GOAT Super Bowl Edition is on sale for PS+ members.

I was just about to type this.  I saw the GOAT Edition and was about to buy it, then I read some people on a different website and a ton of people are saying that Madden 18 is going to be 'free' on EA Access at the start of February so I decided not to buy it.

EDIT:  Just noticed you said PS+.  EA Access is not on Playstation, I don't believe.

anyone else think these games lack atmosphere? one of the things I wish they took from NCAA games was the home-field advantage that existed with crowd noise affecting the communication between your QB and WR  pre-snap and your controller vibrating .. would love for that to happen when you are on the road in places like Seattle or KC... and any playoff game. the games now all feel the same outside of the superbowl and it gets boring

14 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

What does everyone consider to be the best offensive playbook? I keep being told that running is super easy. But I can't for the life of me make it work.

I use Miami for offense and Baltimore for defense.

Kind of depends what offense you like. I like zone running with some power mixed in, lot of shotgun stuff with quick reads and/or vertical throws. 11 personnel almost entirely.

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I use Miami for offense and Baltimore for defense.

Kind of depends what offense you like. I like zone running with some power mixed in, lot of shotgun stuff with quick reads and/or vertical throws. 11 personnel almost entirely.

I find myself using Pitt and Carolina. I really love the non-team playbook, I think pistol (?), that has the 25 gun formations or whatever. The first 2 formations in that playbook has 2 RBs and it's super fun to draft a team with one stud RB and a receiving back and play almost exclusively out of those formations. But the problem is it has 3 pistol, 25 gun, and nothing else other than goal line. So it gets old pretty quick. 

Carolina because I like running the 5-2 if I have a base 4-3 against the CPU trying to run. But recently I switched to a 3-4 because I've done the 4-3 for so many years and it gets boring playing vanilla defense

Just now, cddolphin said:

3-4 in Madden seems vastly superior.

Really? I guess it depends on what you're doing. I find it annoying to draft for the 3-4. 

I switched away from the 3-4 because I hated having my OLBs drop back into coverage against the CPU who plays a lot of 2wr sets, meaning you played in base a lot or risked getting run over

On 2/3/2018 at 1:24 AM, iPwn said:

Should be building your own playbook, honestly.

I am so lazy. Plus I always get frustrated porting it into every franchise or whatever. Haven't done it in years and I'll be honest it was such a nightmare trying to make it I never tried again

17 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I am so lazy. Plus I always get frustrated porting it into every franchise or whatever. Haven't done it in years and I'll be honest it was such a nightmare trying to make it I never tried again

At least the way it is since I started doing it, you could automatically access it from everywhere once you make it once.

For some reason, I can’t edit the non-team playbooks though. You’re supposed to be able to though.

37 minutes ago, iPwn said:

At least the way it is since I started doing it, you could automatically access it from everywhere once you make it once.

For some reason, I can’t edit the non-team playbooks though. You’re supposed to be able to though.

Maybe I'll try this. I had a lot of fun playing that 2 back set, but I lost a lot of games because short yardage situations were a nightmare

Archived