1 hour ago, broncosfan_101 said:

-2021 1st                            
-2022 1st             
-2022 2nd            
-Cortland Sutton    
-Drew Lock        
-Bradley Chubb

Lets not mess around. 

I think HOU hangs up w/o much of a thought. That’s just not enough to be compelling, IMO.

16 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

I think HOU hangs up w/o much of a thought. That’s just not enough to be compelling, IMO.

True, but I would also rather trade up in the draft to get Fields/Wilson at half the price.

Quit being pansys in the draft and GO GET YOUR QB. If your sold on one of them, go trade #9, 1st in 2021 and 2nd in 2020 to go get Fields/Wilson.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

True, but I would also rather trade up in the draft to get Fields/Wilson at half the price.

Quit being pansys in the draft and GO GET YOUR QB. If your sold on one of them, go trade #9, 1st in 2021 and 2nd in 2020 to go get Fields/Wilson.

I don’t disagree.  Denver’s been passive at QB post Manning.  Yes they’ve moved up for Lynch and Lock, all late 1st/2nd round guys.  At some point you have to make a move for an elite player, whether through the draft or a trade.  

3 hours ago, Zukhyubern said:

Lmao I hope you're joking with this one ;)

Nope. Sutton and Chubb only have one cheap year left, and if you’re getting Deshaun at $39M annually, they won’t fit on the cap sheet anyways. Plus, our offensive weapons are still real good without Sutton, and Chubb’s overrated. 

And let’s face it, there are gonna be at least 5-6 other teams making SERIOUS offers, and ours has to be best. This one’s probably best. 

3 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Nope. Sutton and Chubb only have one cheap year left, and if you’re getting Deshaun at $39M annually, they won’t fit on the cap sheet anyways. Plus, our offensive weapons are still real good without Sutton, and Chubb’s overrated. 

And let’s face it, there are gonna be at least 5-6 other teams making SERIOUS offers, and ours has to be best. This one’s probably best. 

Don’t think you’re wrong here.  If I am Houston, though, I am asking for Jeudy who is under contract for 4 years, not a WR I might lose out on in FA.

4 hours ago, germ-x said:

Agreed.  While I know many are off on Fangio, he’s such a good defensive coach that I think he could keep the defense solid during that time.  

Something to keep in mind as well is this offense outside of running back and Sutton is under contract for the next 3 years.  It’s a young offense with a chance to really gel and it allows Denver to allocate FA dollars toward the defensive side of the ball.

Sutton's a UFA after 2021, while he can be tagged, that's a hefty 14-15M+.   That's not going to be that attractive to HOU.

Honestly, we might get similar value in offering Hamler, because of the cost control angle.    No way I offer Jeudy if I can - it hurts to let anyone go, but I'd much rather trade more picks or Hamler/more picks if I can.   Watson - Jeudy would be Nuk Hopkins-level 2 IMO.    

Edited by Broncofan

22 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Sutton's a UFA after 2021, while he can be tagged, that's a hefty 14-15M+.   That's not going to be that attractive to HOU.

Honestly, we might get similar value in offering Hamler, because of the cost control angle.    No way I offer Jeudy if I can - it hurts to let anyone go, but I'd much rather trade more picks or Hamler/more picks if I can.   Watson - Jeudy would be Nuk Hopkins-level 2 IMO.    

I think you misread that post. I was saying Sutton and the RBs are not here long term.  Everyone else is under contract for the next 2-3 years+.  

With that, I love Sutton.  He’s still the #1 WR for this franchise.  I wouldn’t pay him $14M on a tag, but with the injury he’s a guy that could potentially be had long term on a more than reasonable deal.  Jeudy’s lack of physicality more than anything prevent him from being a go to WR, which was my biggest concern with him coming out.  

Edited by germ-x

14 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Especially bc HOU will almost certainly be starting a full scale rebuild if/when they trade DW.  IMO, in terms of value, both Sutton/Chubb are worth a 2nd (or less) each. Unfortunately, I just don’t think we have the juice unless we’re offering picks into ‘23 and beyond.

Additionally, the only real thing that we know about Paton is that talent evaluation is his calling card. I have a hard time imagining he’d handicap himself by trading away 5+ first & second round picks (which is what I think it’d take for us to be in play) in his first few months as a GM.  I expect that he’ll place a particular emphasis on retaining and accruing draft capital because he KNOWs what he’s doing when it comes to evaluating talent in the draft.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bMiller031 said:

Especially bc HOU will almost certainly be starting a full scale rebuild if/when they trade DW.  IMO, in terms of value, both Sutton/Chubb are worth a 2nd (or less) each. Unfortunately, I just don’t think we have the juice unless we’re offering picks into ‘23 and beyond.

Additionally, the only real thing that we know about Paton is that talent evaluation is his calling card. I have a hard time imagining he’d handicap himself by trading away 5+ first & second round picks (which is what I think it’d take for us to be in play) in his first few months as a GM.  I expect that he’ll place a particular emphasis on retaining and accruing draft capital because he KNOWs what he’s doing when it comes to evaluating talent in the draft.

I mean, it probably wouldn’t be hard to essentially turn this into a 4-team deal if HOU had that worry. Trade Court to Team X for a 2nd, Chubb to Team Y for a 2nd, use those picks in your Deshaun deal.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Another way to look at Sutton in this deal is that assuming they’re going with a young QB (Lock or otherwise), giving him a security blanket like Sutton during his most important developmental years would be valuable. HOU’s not gonna have anyone else to pay for the next few seasons anyway, overpaying him a bit during the flat cap seasons wouldn’t be the end of the world. Because we’ll be reversing our cap situations, I think Courtland will be more valuable to them, and Hamler more valuable to us. 

One thing being overlooked is that we wouldn’t be out any cash when trading for Watson. Houston already paid his signing bonus. That’s a huge advantage and makes the additional picks worth it. 

I agree with others than Sutton and less so Chubb, wouldn’t be enticing to Houston given they’d be in full rebuild. Add the fact they are one year away from FA, neither would coup more than a 3rd. Realistically a trade from us might look like:

2021 1st, 2nd

2022 1st, 3rd 

Players: Lock and Jeudy

and I’d be 100% on board with that.

Miami is in an interesting position (I expect that’s where Watson would end up).

If Houston gets pick 3, they’ll likely be targeting one of the QBs this year, which means they might not want Tua. And neither would the Dolphins, so would mean potentially a 3 team trade where the Jets take Tua? 

2 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

The one thing about getting Watson (which I am fully on board for) is bidding against The Jets and the Dolphins, however I think Watson can dictate where he ends up since he has a trade clause so might get pretty interesting

For sure. And they definitely have way more Ammo than we do. Only way we are competitive is if Watson wants to come here instead of either of those places. Jets I get why he wouldn’t want. Miami looks like a great spot tho.