Top 15 QBs Ranked

Jerry

Its near the end of the season.  For the most part a lot of fans are already looking forward to next year, while four teams currently remain in the hunt to win the SB.  Of course me being a Raiders fan, every year the Raiders' fans on this forum argue whether or not we should keep Derek Carr.  I myself consider him between a top 10-12 QB, on a relatively team friendly contract, and have decided to write out a list of the current top 15 QBs currently in the NFL.  I am hoping others throughout this forum would provide their own lists, and if you have the time, I would appreciate your opinion on what you think the Raiders should do with Derek Carr (keep him, trade him, cut him, etc.).  The reason why I ask is because some posters in the Raiders forum believe Derek Carr is the problem and that we clearly need to upgrade the QB position to be competitive.  I personally think Derek Carr is not the problem and that the defense is the problem.  Anyway, thank you for reading!  PSA:  Drew Brees is not listed due to his retirement (apologies to the NO fans).

1)  Aaron Rodgers

2)  Patrick Mahomes

3)  Russell Wilson

4)  Josh Allen

5)  Deshaun Watson

6)  Tom Brady

7)  Ryan Tannehill

😎 Kyler Murray

9)  Lamar Jackson

10)  Justin Herbert

11)  Derek Carr

12)  Kirk Cousins

13)  Baker Mayfield

14)  Matt Ryan

15)  Ben Roethlisberger

9 hours ago, Jerry said:

1)  Aaron Rodgers

2)  Patrick Mahomes

3)  Russell Wilson

4)  Josh Allen

5)  Deshaun Watson

6)  Tom Brady

7)  Ryan Tannehill

😎 Kyler Murray

9)  Lamar Jackson

10)  Justin Herbert

11)  Derek Carr

12)  Kirk Cousins

13)  Baker Mayfield

14)  Matt Ryan

15)  Ben Roethlisberger

Tier 1:

Mahomes

Rodgers

Tier 2:

Wilson

Watson

Allen

Dak

Tanny

Brady

Jackson

Tier 3:

Herbert

Burrow

Mayfield

Murray

Cousins

Stafford

Ryan

Carr

^^^^ Top 17 QBs imo. Not in exact order, but grouped by people who are similarly productive and/or talented. ^^^^

I would have Jackson and Brady trending down due to questionable passing and age, respectively. I would have Herbert trending up if he can replicate his rookie year. Watson is borderline tier 1, but I want to see how this offseason plays out. Im not a fan of him publicly flexing on the FO, even if I understand why he is doing it. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

How have you got Murray ahead of Lamar Jackson or even Justin Herbert?

What has Murray done for everyone to think he's this fringe top 5 QB ?

OVERRATED

I believe he put up about 36-37 TDs this season.  Rushed for like 10.  Dual threat QB that played really well.  The whole point of this post was for discussion.  I did not literally just watch all of the regular season games and the playoffs before making this list.  This post is open for discussion and differing opinions of course.  I was thinking about it this morning, it is really hard to make a list of QBs like this when they don't all play with the same offense.  They all play with different players in different schemes, so its really hard to even make a list without there being differing opinions.  I just wanted to see what others had to say.  This is an interesting topic for me.

Kyler Murray remains overrated, but I’ll also throw Wilson into the overrated pot. Let Russ cook was fun and he’s obviously a great QB but he’s proven he can’t sustain MVP level play and carrying a team for a full season, unlike a lot of guys he is ranked above on that list. Top 10 yes, top 3 no chance.

Im also very surprised to see people are low on Brady, I thought  he was pretty lethal in a historically QB unfriendly offence.

i don’t really dig rankings though. Are we talking about right now? This past season? Or based on how they do in a system (I’d love to see Lamar with Hopkins/Kirk/Fitz, Aj Brown/Davis, Godwin/Evans/AB or Lockett/Metcalf/Moore)? Or for the next few years? 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

21 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Lots of volume, but don’t QBs in his system tend to turn it over like crazy?  

It requires/allows more downfield passing than most, which means more splash plays/turnovers. But at the end of the day, most of his QBs have done pretty well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Let Russ cook was fun and he’s obviously a great QB but he’s proven he can’t sustain MVP level play and carrying a team for a full season, unlike a lot of guys he is ranked above on that list. Top 10 yes, top 3 no chance.

Who would you put above Wilson? For me he's definitely top 5 in the league (I'd say top 3 but I'll give you a chance). 
He can't win the MVP award but remember when he accounted for 80% of his offense in 2017 and was the leading rusher of the team with 586 yards? 
Russell was probably the most valuable player (not the best player on the best team but the player that was the more instrumental to his team's success) that year. 
Can't wait for you to tell me who are the QBs you would pick over him. Josh Allen who had his first good season? Watson ? Lamar Jackson? 
Seems like a stretch to say top 3 no chance

Edited by MagicMT