Top 15 QBs Ranked

Jerry

People way too low on Ryan. He's a Top 10 QB still. 2016 with a competent OC? Best QB in the league that year. 2018 with a competent OC? Second best QB in the league that year. These past two seasons he's had Dirk frickin Koetter. Mahomes would look average with Dirk Koetter.

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, MagicMT said:

Who would you put above Wilson? For me he's definitely top 5 in the league (I'd say top 3 but I'll give you a chance). 
He can't win the MVP award but remember when he accounted for 80% of his offense in 2017 and was the leading rusher of the team with 586 yards? 
Russell was probably the most valuable player (not the best player on the best team but the player that was the more instrumental to his team's success) that year. 
Can't wait for you to tell me who are the QBs you would pick over him. Josh Allen who had his first good season? Watson ? Lamar Jackson? 
Seems like a stretch to say top 3 no chance

Right now I’d put Josh Allen, Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson, Ryan Tannehill, and Tom Brady as playing a more positive role for their team this past football season than Russ.

I can get  in on the Russell Wilson as a legacy pick cause he probably gets a hall of fame jacket, but pure play on the field right now I wouldn’t have put his past season above those guys. Like I said it’s hard to gauge what we mean by “top 15”...

my list would have Lamar Jackson above Russell but I can beat others to highlighting my bias as a Ravens fan.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

2 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Kyler Murray remains overrated, but I’ll also throw Wilson into the overrated pot. Let Russ cook was fun and he’s obviously a great QB but he’s proven he can’t sustain MVP level play and carrying a team for a full season, unlike a lot of guys he is ranked above on that list. Top 10 yes, top 3 no chance.

Im also very surprised to see people are low on Brady, I thought  he was pretty lethal in a historically QB unfriendly offence.

i don’t really dig rankings though. Are we talking about right now? This past season? Or based on how they do in a system (I’d love to see Lamar with Hopkins/Kirk/Fitz, Aj Brown/Davis, Godwin/Evans/AB or Lockett/Metcalf/Moore)? Or for the next few years? 

Purely a symptom of having his worst 2/3 games happen to be on primetime. He's absolutely still a top 5 QB.

4 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Right now I’d put Josh Allen, Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson, Ryan Tannehill, and Tom Brady as playing a more positive role for their team this past football season than Russ.

I can get  in on the Russell Wilson as a legacy pick cause he probably gets a hall of fame jacket, but pure play on the field right now I wouldn’t have put his past season above those guys. Like I said it’s hard to gauge what we mean by “top 15”...

my list would have Lamar Jackson above Russell but I can beat others to highlighting my bias as a Ravens fan.

Disagree, Russ is still #3. His OC was legit calling the same plays over and over and defenses figured the offense out entirely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I like that you can admit that you're biased toward Jackson because what I'm seeing is : 

42 Total TDs (Wilson) vs 33 TDs (Jackson) 
4700 total yards (Wilson) vs 3700 (Jackson) 
Wilson was also throwing with better accuracy (68.8 % vs 64.4%) with higher YPA by 0.2 AND that's with throwing almost 200 more passes. 
Even with your bias there's actually nothing that shows that Lamar Jackson is a better QB than Wilson. 

I won't even bother with the other players because clearly you're just going based off last year. Wilson is top 5 at worst but whatever. 

Edited by MagicMT

16 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

1. Mahomes

2. Rodgers

3. Allen

4. Wilson

5. Brady

6. Watson

7. Prescott

8. Ryan

9. Murray

10. Roethlisberger

11. Stafford

12. Ryan

13. Tannehill

14. Jackson

15. Cousins

This is updated after Brees and Rivers retirements.

Ryan is 8 and 12?

I agree Murray is definitely overrated in here. He's in that 15-17 range currently, right smack in the middle. Too many times he looks lost, and needs to keep gaining from the knowledge perspective of the game. Also I don't think Ben should be anyones Top 15 at this point. He was my #12 QB entering the season, but I'm not even sure he cracks the Top 20 at this point.

Personally, I'd say:

1. Patrick Mahomes

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Russell Wilson

4. Deshaun Watson

5. Tom Brady

6. Josh Allen

7. Matt Ryan

8. Ryan Tannehil

9. Lamar Jackson

10. Dak Prescott

11. Matt Stafford

12. Baker Mayfield

13. Kirk Cousins

14. Derek Carr

15. Justin Herbert

16. Kyler Murray

17. Jimmy Garrappolo

18. Joe Burrow

19. Carson Wentz

20. Jared Goff

Notes;

- Brady is a Top 5 QB still, no doubt in my mind. I've had the same Top 5 all year, except I had Wilson/Rodgers switched before the season. However, most people had Brady like 11-12 which was super weird. 2019 was not his fault in any way what so ever, and he did not drop off physically.

- Love me some Josh Allen, but I don't put guys in the Top 5 for one great year. Same as Lamar last year.

- I've already explained Matt Ryan. Get him an OC that's not Dirk Frickin Koetter. Mahomes and Rodgers would look average with Koetter. Ryan had the best QB season in the NFL in 2016, and second best QB season in the NFL in 2018, when he had a good OC both of those seasons.

- Same issue with Herbert I have with Allen, needs another year to prove himself. I know some Chargers fans will be like 'Well why Allen at 6 and Herbert at 15 if they both only have one good season?". Well.. Herberts season doesn't even come close to Josh Allen's season. And secondly, Allen has showed steady progression over three years. Herbert has had literally one season.

- I still believe Wentz can pull it together in the right scheme, and he's still has an amazing toolset with a near-MVP season, a good season, a average season, and a horrific season. I'm not gonna rank the guy in the 20's for one horrific season. However, 2021 is a make or break year for Wentz.

Edited by BayRaider

Tiers make the most sense for me. Order within the tiers is intentional, but some of it is pretty negotiable.

Tier 1 (Elite, best of the best)

1. Patrick Mahomes

2. Aaron Rodgers

Tier 2 (Borderline elite, star QBs)

3. Deshaun Watson

4. Russell Wilson

5. Josh Allen

6. Tom Brady

Tier 3 (Very good, some issues but guys who can consistently win you games)

7. Matt Ryan

8. Ryan Tannehill

9. Lamar Jackson

10. Dak Prescott

Tier 4 (Solid QBs you can win with)

11. Baker Mayfield

12. Matt Stafford

13. Justin Herbert

Tier 5 (Can have success in the right situation but definite question marks)

14. Jared Goff

15. Kyler Murray

- All the tier 4 guys are knocking on the door of tier 3, Mayfield and Herbert especially- those two will be quick risers if they replicate their success next year. Stafford is really good but may be trending down.

- Goff is kind of an enigma to me at this point, but boy did he not look good this year. Not sold on Murray either, as much of a playmaker as he is. Kirk Cousins could sneak into one of those spots, idk.

- Tier 3 is basically interchangeable as far as order goes. 

- Matt Ryan is underrated.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

No Bears fan on earth will tell you Foles was better than Mitch this year. Much less 6 spots better. But PFF...

Mitch went from not even Top 32 to like 22-23 for me at the end of the year. Seems things really clicked for him. Still don’t think the Bears should keep him because enough time has been invested in him, but I was impressed. 

Edited by BayRaider