Top 15 QBs Ranked

Jerry

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Mitch went from not even Top 32 to like 22-23 for me at the end of the year. Seems things really clicked for him. Still don’t think the Bears should keep him because enough time has been invested in him, but I was impressed. 

You seem to have more faith in Mitch than I do lol. 

Mitch's ceiling at this point is a bottom end starter if put in the right position and Foles is a high end backup. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Instead of being so worked up over the rankings, just look at the grades and color (tier). They both sucked. 

Not getting worked up at all. I know where they both stand. And yeah, I looked at the grades and coloring and it still doesn't hold true. 

The only thing that holds true is that PFF grades are an absolute joke. 

Edit: there is a 4 point difference between Foles and Mitch. That's the same difference between Wilson and Rodgers this year. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

4 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

I like Matt Ryan more than most, but he is vastly overrated on this forum more than most. I think the blame goes to both Koetter & him for Atlanta’s offensive struggles the past couple of seasons.

That’s what everyoneeee said in 2017 as well, then he got another OC in 2018 and all of a sudden has a Top 2 QB season again. 

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That’s what everyoneeee said in 2017 as well, then he got another OC in 2018 and all of a sudden has a Top 2 QB season again. 

Only had a Top 2 QB season to only BayRaider.

Also, that was nearly 3 seasons ago. He has been straight up garbage situationally since then.

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I agree Murray is definitely overrated in here. He's in that 15-17 range currently, right smack in the middle. Too many times he looks lost, and needs to keep gaining from the knowledge perspective of the game. Also I don't think Ben should be anyones Top 15 at this point. He was my #12 QB entering the season, but I'm not even sure he cracks the Top 20 at this point.

Personally, I'd say:

1. Patrick Mahomes

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Russell Wilson

4. Deshaun Watson

5. Tom Brady

6. Josh Allen

7. Matt Ryan

8. Ryan Tannehil

9. Lamar Jackson

10. Dak Prescott

11. Matt Stafford

12. Baker Mayfield

13. Kirk Cousins

14. Derek Carr

15. Justin Herbert

16. Kyler Murray

17. Jimmy Garrappolo

18. Joe Burrow

19. Carson Wentz

20. Jared Goff

Notes;

- Brady is a Top 5 QB still, no doubt in my mind. I've had the same Top 5 all year, except I had Wilson/Rodgers switched before the season. However, most people had Brady like 11-12 which was super weird. 2019 was not his fault in any way what so ever, and he did not drop off physically.

- Love me some Josh Allen, but I don't put guys in the Top 5 for one great year. Same as Lamar last year.

- I've already explained Matt Ryan. Get him an OC that's not Dirk Frickin Koetter. Mahomes and Rodgers would look average with Koetter. Ryan had the best QB season in the NFL in 2016, and second best QB season in the NFL in 2018, when he had a good OC both of those seasons.

- Same issue with Herbert I have with Allen, needs another year to prove himself. I know some Chargers fans will be like 'Well why Allen at 6 and Herbert at 15 if they both only have one good season?". Well.. Herberts season doesn't even come close to Josh Allen's season. And secondly, Allen has showed steady progression over three years. Herbert has had literally one season.

- I still believe Wentz can pull it together in the right scheme, and he's still has an amazing toolset with a near-MVP season, a good season, a average season, and a horrific season. I'm not gonna rank the guy in the 20's for one horrific season. However, 2021 is a make or break year for Wentz.

To further break this down in tiers:

Elite Four:

1) Patrick Mahomes

2) Aaron Rodgers

3) Russell Wilson

4) Deshaun Watson

Next Tier:

5) Tom Brady

6) Josh Allen

Next Tier: 

7) Matt Ryan

8 ) Ryan Tannehil

9) Lamar Jackson

10) Dak Prescott

Next Tier:

11) Matt Stafford

12) Baker Mayfield

13) Kirk Cousins

14) Derek Carr

15) Justin Herbert

16) Kyler Murray

17) Jimmy Garroppolo

18) Joe Burrow

Next Tier:

19) Carson Wentz

20) Jared Goff

21) Ben Roethlisberger

22) Trevor Lawrence

23) Mitch Trubisky

24) Sam Darnold

25) Tua Tagovailoa

26) Cam Newton

27) Teddy Bridgewater

28) Jameis Winston

29) Alex Smith

30) Daniel Jones

31) Drew Lock

Colts currently have no projected starter. 

Lawrence hasn’t played a down but I’d still put him over 9-10 QB’s off the bat. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Situationally is coaching for the most part. 

And on the players to execute, especially the QB, which Matt has failed to for the last couple of years.

As for that list you made, Lamar, Tannehill, Kyler, Dak, Herbert, & maybe Baker are all better than Matt at this point & time.

20 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Is this based off this year, or careers?  Because Russell Wilson definitely didn't play like a top 4 QB this year.

One Season would be Power Rankings, not Rankings. And basing off careers isn't rankings, that's just lifetime achievement.

This is who I think the best QB's are right now. That's what Rankings are. Who you think the best are, right now.

Also Wilson's issue was mostly the OC. They were running the same plays over and over and over. Defenses totally figured them out after Week 8. It was honestly pitiful.