Stranger Things

BobbyPhil1781

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I can do this all day.  Tell me some other subjective words.  Is an idiot somebody who is very smart? 

Boss, instead of being a pompous *** think about a HIGH SCHOOL SETTING. HIGH SCHOOLERS use words because they don't get the meaning, they use derogatory words just to be derogatory. That's what I mean by it's subjective, because it is TO THEM because THEY don't know what THEY are talking about. I PERSONALLY DO NOT disagree with you, and would use the words PROPERLY.

I'm happy for YOU though, because you feel like you're correcting someone that doesn't know what he's talking about. So congrats on making your Thursday wonderful. Christ.

• Like 1

Just now, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Boss, instead of being a pompous *** think about a HIGH SCHOOL SETTING. HIGH SCHOOLERS use words because they don't get the meaning, they use derogatory words just to be derogatory. That's what I mean by it's subjective, because it is TO THEM because THEY don't know what THEY are talking about. I PERSONALLY DO NOT disagree with you, and would use the words PROPERLY.

But here's the problem... I was referring to somebody HERE using the word nerd.  They're not in high school.  So you're still wrong.  If you don't disagree with me, why do you keep arguing with me? 

Just now, bigbadbuff23835 said:

The person you originally quoted is in High School.......

The person I originally quoted?  Who was that?  Because when I pointed out that calling Jonathan a nerd was incorrect, I didn't quote anybody, so... Are you saying you're in high school? 

Loved it, thought it was a 9/10 with the initial season being a 10/10.

And that 1 point difference? The UNBELIEVABLY BAD EPISODE 7 NONSESNE. I almost broke my TV. I was binge watching so hard, so into it, vape pen had me feeling literally inside the show, buzzing off a nice pumpkin beer, ready for another hour of blissful time wasting after the climatic end of episode 6. And then it happened.

Dear god why. I could write a book about how bad it was. It literally snapped me out of my immersion like a head on collision with a semi-truck. Being slightly inebriated I was literally confused for a few minutes thinking Netflix switched me to another show. It felt so forced and tacky and gross. I hate it. It was one of the most out-of-the-blue horrible entertainment experiences of my life.

I will stop now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Either way Steve over Jonathan. He just comes off as a creep.

in your typical stands, you take Steve every time. You look deeper and what Johnathan and Nancy experienced and the bond they formed, you take Johnathan. I wasnt the biggest fan of season 2. Season 1 was a lot better.

I don't think Jonathan is a creep but Steve is way cooler. He is basically what a 'jock' is in real life, just another normal kid that happens to play sports. Sure, some are pompous and entitled (Based mostly on the reverence teachers, coaches, students ascribe to them) but in reality most are just normal people. Its refreshing to see a show that shows that side of the 'jock' culture. Its almost gone full circle where the bro/jock culture is sorta looked down upon and stereotyped in the same way the nerd culture once was around the Freaks and Geeks age.

I am excited as hell for S3. These kids in High School? Yes please.

Also, is thinking Mike's mom is the hottest woman on the show a sign that I am getting old? I take her easily over Nancy and Ryder as well. So MILF.

Edited by BroncosFan2010

On 11/2/2017 at 11:08 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

No, I don't get what you're saying because stereotypical nerd is someone with glasses who over studies.  You're not getting what I'm saying because I'm saying that nerd isn't remotely a good term for what Jonathan is.  You ask somebody on the street to describe a nerd, and literally nobody describes Jonathan.  Google nerd, look at images.  It's not Jonathan.  Jonathan is a Kurt Cobain wannabe, he's not a Sheldon, he's not anybody on The Big Bang Theory, he's not Urkel.  Call him a social outcast, call him a loser, a weirdo, a creep, call him anything but nerd is not the right term for him and that's what I was getting at, and I really don't know why you're still arguing whether or not Jonathan is a stereotypical nerd because every time you or anybody else says Jonathan is a stereotypical nerd, I don't think you know what stereotypical or nerd actually means. 

Just take it easy man

36 minutes ago, Geek said:

"So, Johnathan, how was the pullout?"

*spit take*

"The sofa."

The best part of the season. Had me rolling.

Best line of the series so far. 

Had some issues with the season. They had good character development for guys like Dustin and Steve. Mike had no real role other than complaining. Will was great (acting wise). I felt some themes were too similar to the first season. Nancy and Jonathan going detective, puzzle solving with Will's mum, etc. Episode 7 was garbage and a total waste. Overall, it was fun, but it didn't do much in terms of expanding the world. 

31 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Best line of the series so far. 

Had some issues with the season. They had good character development for guys like Dustin and Steve. Mike had no real role other than complaining. Will was great (acting wise). I felt some themes were too similar to the first season. Nancy and Jonathan going detective, puzzle solving with Will's mum, etc. Episode 7 was garbage and a total waste. Overall, it was fun, but it didn't do much in terms of expanding the world. 

I think the point of episode 7 was to set up season 3. I'll bet that season 3 will introduce a lot more of these kids with powers and that they'll have to gather together to finish off that monster in the upsidedown.

23 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Placing my bet now, the upsidedown was created by kid 000. All the kids after were to try and deal with it. The D+D monsters are real.

Interesting theory, but since the demogorgon looks nothing like the demogorgon in the show, and since D&D was invented in 1974, it's not a theory that's going to be true considering the age difference between 8 and 11.