Stranger Things

BobbyPhil1781

On 11/8/2017 at 3:20 PM, Geek said:

What did people think of Mad Max? She was the worst written character this season. Nothing against her actress but what was she really there for? For a love triangle between Dustin, Lucas, and her? Outside of that she really had no relevance to the plot. If she wasn't included in this season, I don't think anyone would have missed her or thought "wow they really need another kid in the group." I hope next season they can write her a little better because she was kinda just there.

Her and her brother were just kind of there.  They could have been eliminated and the story wouldn't really change.  The brother was just an over-the-top jerk with one humanizing scene, but he was such a jerk before, and after, that you didn't really care.  Max being there gave us more development with Lucas and Dustin that we didn't get quite as much of in season 1.  She wasn't a bad addition, IMO.  Ask yourself, was there any time that you felt disappointed that Max was in the scene? For me there wasn't.

On 11/4/2017 at 2:04 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

Interesting theory, but since the demogorgon looks nothing like the demogorgon in the show, and since D&D was invented in 1974, it's not a theory that's going to be true considering the age difference between 8 and 11. 

What if 000 IS Gary Gygax?

But remember the kids (Mike, Lucas, and Dustin) are the ones that call the monsters by the D&D names, because that is what they are familiar with.  Neither the "demogorgon" nor the "mind flayer," look like they did in D&D, the kids just called them that.  That doesn't mean that another facility kid couldn't manifest creatures with it's mind.

Just finished watching it. 

Love the show and my favorite character is 11. I did like season one more then 2, though. The pullout line was great and 11 dancing with Mike at the end of the season made my insides happy.

Interested to see what they’re gonna do with the monsters next season? Poor Hawkins! Lmao  

Finished season 2 last night. I think it had some rough spots but I still loved it. The kid who plays Will was great. I liked Steve a lot this season too, definitely my favorite character, and his scenes with Dustin were a lot of fun. The threat and intensity was perfect.

Not a fan of Max or Billy. They developed too slowly and by the time we really got their back story, I didn't care at all. I thought the drama between Max and Mike was dumb as hell and I hated that we never really got a resolution to it either. 

6 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Finished season 2 last night. I think it had some rough spots but I still loved it. The kid who plays Will was great. I liked Steve a lot this season too, definitely my favorite character, and his scenes with Dustin were a lot of fun. The threat and intensity was perfect.

Not a fan of Max or Billy. They developed too slowly and by the time we really got their back story, I didn't care at all. I thought the drama between Max and Mike was dumb as hell and I hated that we never really got a resolution to it either. 

Mike just didn't want another girl to join the group because he felt like she was replacing eleven. Didn't think it was dumb at all.

rolling thru an entire season is a good time, but it sucks at the same time. slow burn, once a week viewing makes you kinda feel like yeah ok im ready for a little break. powering thru is closer to crack than just like occasionally indulging in something once a week. if that makes sense. easier to not want more immediately when it's spaced.  for me at least. hope the duffers stick to making shows & not movies after they wrap this.

16 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

I do have a question though. 

At the end of season one, Hopper walks out of a building and gets into a card with 2 people in black coats. 

Who were those people? I remember watching it and thinking to myself, “oh boy, what’s he gonna do?!”

Probably made a deal with the government he'd watch over the town and keep their stuff hush hush and in exchange they don't kill everyone or something.

Probably made a deal with the government he'd watch over the town and keep their stuff hush hush and in exchange they don't kill everyone or something.

Ya, that's my biggest issue with this show. Call me a pessimist but if the government did something like open a portal to a nightmare dimension in a small town there isn't any way they don't end up just destroying the town and everyone in it. Making a deal with some hillbilly do-gooder cop to keep the secret and town safe is just so unbelievable. They would napalm that place and shoot the people trying to escape. But again, I am pessimist.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Ya, that's my biggest issue with this show. Call me a pessimist but if the government did something like open a portal to a nightmare dimension in a small town there isn't any way they don't end up just destroying the town and everyone in it. Making a deal with some hillbilly do-gooder cop to keep the secret and town safe is just so unbelievable. They would napalm that place and shoot the people trying to escape. But again, I am pessimist.

There's like what 5,000+ people in hawkins? Blow up an entire town with a good ole "power failure at the local plant" and people are gonna question it and that leads to more attention than just burying it the typical way.

Buying out the cops and like 3-4 families who know what actually happened is cheaper/more realistic than blowing up an entire town. Killing them all makes the most sense but again that leads to a ton more questions.

15 hours ago, OleXmad said:

There's like what 5,000+ people in hawkins? Blow up an entire town with a good ole "power failure at the local plant" and people are gonna question it and that leads to more attention than just burying it the typical way.

Buying out the cops and like 3-4 families who know what actually happened is cheaper/more realistic than blowing up an entire town. Killing them all makes the most sense but again that leads to a ton more questions.

Yea, this is taking place in Indiana, not North Korea. You cant just Roanoke a town and expect no blow back.

One boy went missing for alittle while and another girl actually died and they got completely exposed by an outsider to the press. 

Not to mention, they wanted to keep researching (as they did) and if they just end the surrounding town, the lab does not get to stay open without even more questions.