Total Control GM Mock Draft Suggestions / Feedback

ny92mike

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Could I get some feedback on the new build workbook.

Looking to combine the player trade block and league trade block.  Also started working on the trade value chart sheet.

The trade value chart is one of my favorite sheets that I use a lot to evaluate trade proposals, but I think it could be much better.  This version would pull the opponents roster.  I currently have this being dropped in to the right of the opp. draft pick info, but wondering if it should have it's own sheet or if having it in the one sheet works better.

I'm also working on plugging in players to the block to help with cap calculations.

Let me know what you guys think...Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NT3SLtapzH5b0PqvuuItIL0TYfDX3wKaDkIoMjyuHJM/edit#gid=1155226826

I was going to say it would be great is if I could say add a additional line for said player or players when we evaluate trades. Even it was below the top boxes

ie                 Value                                          Value

pick 2           300                     Pick 2             200

pick 3.          150.                     Pick 5.              50

Tom Brady.     200

i know your trying to scale this down but this bit added to the bottom looks top notch.

37 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

I was going to say it would be great is if I could say add a additional line for said player or players when we evaluate trades. Even it was below the top boxes

ie                 Value                                          Value

pick 2           300                     Pick 2             200

pick 3.          150.                     Pick 5.              50

Tom Brady.     200

i know your trying to scale this down but this bit added to the bottom looks top notch.

Just seen it was on bottom of Current TVC. Haha. 

58 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Could I get some feedback on the new build workbook.

Looking to combine the player trade block and league trade block.  Also started working on the trade value chart sheet.

The trade value chart is one of my favorite sheets that I use a lot to evaluate trade proposals, but I think it could be much better.  This version would pull the opponents roster.  I currently have this being dropped in to the right of the opp. draft pick info, but wondering if it should have it's own sheet or if having it in the one sheet works better.

I'm also working on plugging in players to the block to help with cap calculations.

Let me know what you guys think...Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NT3SLtapzH5b0PqvuuItIL0TYfDX3wKaDkIoMjyuHJM/edit#gid=1155226826

I feel the trade value chart could a little more condensed both in width and in height. Feels too big to me on a laptop.

48 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I feel the trade value chart could a little more condensed both in width and in height. Feels too big to me on a laptop.

I can reduce the width some by rewording how I have the draft selection.

2ND Rnd - Pick 32 | Overall: 64 | New York Giants

to 

2nd - #32 | Ovr. #64 | NYG

Any other suggestions?

Edited by ny92mike

Just now, ny92mike said:

I can reduce the width some by rewording how I have the draft selection.

2ND Rnd - Pick 32 | Overall: 64 | New York Giants

to 

2nd Rnd - #32 | Ovr. #64 | NYG

Any other suggestions?

I don't think the team behind it is really needed since you already selected it at the top and have the logo's there plus on the left you already have your own team. Also think the font is bigger than on the current one. Not sure what really can be done besides that though.

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I don't think the team behind it is really needed since you already selected it at the top and have the logo's there plus on the left you already have your own team. Also think the font is bigger than on the current one. Not sure what really can be done besides that though.

Agree with the team not being needed for this, it's just what I use to post in the forum, I'll see what I can do to remove it.

Thanks man.

@Justone2 when you get a minute.

Take a look at those adjustments.  I left the team name attached to the pick, because of the column width that I need for the player name.  Did change the font to something smaller, might be too small.

Does having the team roster in the same sheet work?

Also, thoughts on having the trade block info all in one sheet.

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@Justone2 when you get a minute.

Take a look at those adjustments.  I left the team name attached to the pick, because of the column width that I need for the player name.  Did change the font to something smaller, might be too small.

Does having the team roster in the same sheet work?

Also, thoughts on having the trade block info all in one sheet.

Dont really know if the amount of rows couldn't be a little less and based on the team with the highest number plus one or 2.

I like the team roster in there altough it depends if thats your own or if its the one of the team you are negotiaiting with?

I think it would get a bit much if all that is put in one sheet. Unless that roster is your own then i think adding a tick box to it could work.

Edited by Justone2

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

I like the team roster in there altough it depends if thats your own or if its the one of the team you are negotiaiting with?

I think it would get a bit much if all that is put in one sheet. Unless that roster is your own then i think adding a tick box to it could work.

Sorry the team roster would be whatever opponent you plugged in.  Probably doesn't help that it's all NYG stuff in here.

The drop down lists to plug players in would be pulled from this list.  And if we use the dvp to insert our compensation when creating our trade blocks it could pull that data into the player you drop into the trade value chart....confused yet...haha.

Compensation ACQ'D STAT Pos. Sort Player Identifier
(+/-) 6600 DPV OG ACT A 0614 - Daniel Jones - QB
  UFA CUT A 0075 - Alex Tanney - QB
  RS ACT B1 2101 - Royce Freeman - RB
  OG ACT H1 0389 - Carter Coughlin - 34OLB

Just now, ny92mike said:

Sorry the team roster would be whatever opponent you plugged in.  Probably doesn't help that it's all NYG stuff in here.

The drop down lists to plug players in would be pulled from this list.  And if we use the dvp to insert our compensation when creating our trade blocks it could pull that data into the player you drop into the trade value chart....confused yet...haha.

Compensation ACQ'D STAT Pos. Sort Player Identifier
(+/-) 6600 DPV OG ACT A 0614 - Daniel Jones - QB
  UFA CUT A 0075 - Alex Tanney - QB
  RS ACT B1 2101 - Royce Freeman - RB
  OG ACT H1 0389 - Carter Coughlin - 34OLB

I think the separate sheet for adding players to the trade block is easier to understand and manage since adding it to this could clash when you are putting actual trades in there.

3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I think the separate sheet for adding players to the trade block is easier to understand and manage since adding it to this could clash when you are putting actual trades in there.

Ok...adding the extra sheet is fine.  We can do that.

That said, what about putting the on the block draft picks under the player trade block.  Not sure how many are actually using the pick trade block but I do like seeing it in the draft board that a team is willing to trade down.

19 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Ok...adding the extra sheet is fine.  We can do that.

That said, what about putting the on the block draft picks under the player trade block.  Not sure how many are actually using the pick trade block but I do like seeing it in the draft board that a team is willing to trade down.

I would keep them separate or just use word of mouth for those. I like the trade block and wish more people kept it up to date but wouldn’t want to see loads of draft picks clogging it up.

6 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I'm another vote for getting rid of the unofficial roster sheets. Don't use it at all, I just follow the official roster. 

I like hearing this.  Nuts because this whole time I thought you guys were using them, never really paid any attention to the fact they weren't.