Total Control GM Mock Draft Suggestions / Feedback

ny92mike

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Something like that.  Maybe 3 rounds for top FA only and then general FA rounds.

Still, I am not sure how we certify players as top FA.   Let's hope you have ability to add 1 or 2 slots as back up in first 2 or 3 general FA. I like this better.  If it is no go then we need to think about fair game to all GMs.

Not really a fan of splitting up the free agency as teams with lesser cap depend on targeting lesser talented players in the early rounds.  

For me part of the fun is finding replacements when you miss out on talent.  I chased the TE position most of the free agency, turning it into a priority in the draft.  

I'm pretty certain we can figure out a way to create additional bid slots should you miss out on your primary target.  I just don't want to make it so easy that it removes the game planning aspect.

• Like 1

@JetsandI What do you think about this free agency structure?

We keep the 3 ufa/resign bid slots and the fixed resign slot as is.  We include one alternate bid slot, that is tied to the first ufa bid.  Meaning that the position and possibly even the APY value must match the first bid slot and would only come into play if you don't win that first bid slot.  Like the UFA/Resign bidding slots, this last bid slot could be an option type, where you could use it to resign an additional player or used to sign a UFA player if you miss out on the first offer. 

Making it an optional bid might be too much but just throwing out ideas.

@squire12 @mountainpd  

Just now, ny92mike said:

We keep the 3 ufa/resign bid slots and the fixed resign slot as is.  We include one alternate bid slot, that is tied to the first ufa bid.  Meaning that the position and possibly even the APY value must match the first bid slot and would only come into play if you don't win that first bid slot.  Like the UFA/Resign bidding slots, this last bid slot could be an option type, where you could use it to resign an additional player or used to sign a UFA player if you miss out on the first offer. 

@squire12 @mountainpd  

To add, I'd also like to reduce the reserve bids from 6 to 4.

18 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@squire12 @mountainpd  

If you expect plan B to be same as plan A (1st bid slot) then you can simply add 2nd name pulldown to that slot.

Position

#1 target pulldown

#2 target pulldown

Year length

Money Money Money Money.

Edited by JetsandI

Just now, JetsandI said:

If you expect plan B to be same as plan A (1st bid slot) then you can simply add 2nd name pulldown to that slot.

Position

#1 target pulldown

#2 target pulldown

Year length

Money Money Money Money.

To pull the data into the sorting sheet, it would need to be it's own bid slot but the data from bid one could be pulled into this bid slot.

Or the bid slot could be a different position and cost and it would only come into play if your total bids only net less than half.  

I'm cool with whatever really as long as it doesn't create a system that allows teams with high available cap to clean house. 

3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Or the bid slot could be a different position and cost and it would only come into play if your total bids only net less than half.  

I'm cool with whatever really as long as it doesn't create a system that allows teams with high available cap to clean house. 

Trigger mechanism could work.   If first bid slot failed, the alternative slot would be in contest.   If first bid slot was successful, the alternative slot won't be qualified.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Trigger mechanism could work.   If first bid slot failed, the alternative slot would be in contest.   If first bid slot was successful, the alternative slot won't be qualified.

Right...This fixes the concerns we had with a team with cap space cleaning house.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Something like that.  Maybe 3 rounds for top FA only and then general FA rounds.

Still, I am not sure how we certify players as top FA.   Let's hope you have ability to add 1 or 2 slots as back up in first 2 or 3 general FA. I like this better.  If it is no go then we need to think about fair game to all GMs.

I'd be opposed to this. The whole idea of a single free agent pool is the teams with lots of money to spend can go after stars while the more modestly endowed teams can add depth players instead of having to sit out for a week. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

2022 Draft Board Changes

Here are a few suggestions for improving the draft board.

• NFL Combine is scheduled to take place on Feb 26th to March 4th.  That said, we could start drafting on Monday, March 7th to avoid kicking it off on weekend.
  • Time slot adjustment to shave a couple days of the duration of the draft, this adjustment brings the duration of the draft to 12 days.  
    • Rounds 1 thru 4 - :40 minutes.
    • Rounds 5 thru 7 - :30 minutes.
  • Require email address.
    • Tagging the next OTC GM doesn't always work out.
    • I recently downloaded an add-on that sends out email notifications automatically when a cell reference is triggered.  This can be used to notify the OTC team rather than the need to tag.  I've tested this and it works well, several options to select from in how and when the notification is triggered.

Having this notification system, could also be used to remind everyone of various scheduled events.

• Refine the current system that flags teams that are interested in trading up or down.  Setting it up a bit different by including formulas that will allow teams to view potential trade offers from teams looking to move up.  I believe that this would also save time in getting a trade worked out while OTC.  Think Madden franchise mode, where you can view potential trade offers during the draft.
  • Typically I'd schedule the draft to start around the 7th FA bidding round.  I'd like to set it up where we are drafting earlier in the mock, still after the combine, but kick it off after the 2nd or 3rd bidding round.  This past mock I spent a lot of money trying to fill voids via trades and free agency, I'm thinking this would help with spending and game planning. 

Thanks....More to follow.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

Any of you guys have any technical writing skills, that would be willing to help me out with next seasons guidelines?  I've got a bit a free time right now and hoping to iron out the guidelines.

Thanks

@LuckyNumber11 @whodatOL @Ghostnote @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @cortes02 @JWingate @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @pwny @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @EaglesPeteC @FinneasGage @DoleINGout @JetsandI @ny92mike @bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14 @drfrey13 @Deadpulse @YogiBiz @SerenityNow

3 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Any of you guys have any technical writing skills, that would be willing to help me out with next seasons guidelines?  I've got a bit a free time right now and hoping to iron out the guidelines.

Thanks

@LuckyNumber11 @whodatOL @Ghostnote @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @cortes02 @JWingate @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @pwny @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @EaglesPeteC @FinneasGage @DoleINGout @JetsandI @ny92mike @bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14 @drfrey13 @Deadpulse @YogiBiz @SerenityNow

I probably couldn't find time for it right now, but later in the summer, yeah.