Pick one player to resign of these two

offbyone

Pick one player to resign of these two  

14 members have voted

1. 1. You can only resign one of these two players, pick one

• Jonathan Allen
    • Brandon Scherff

It’s Brandon. DL rotate. OL dont. Also if I’m thinking forward Allen is the player I move to make sure Payne is the interior DL I can keep. Also it’s why I work now to reup Settle to a team friendly deal like we did Matt before. In fact now is when I start feelers for Matt to gauge his value. It’s a reason why I don’t shy away from drafting value at DL going forward. We will always need new young depth to put behind Payne Tez and Chase because I find a way to make that work.

5 hours ago, mar29020 said:

yall really gonna pick a A stud guard over a stud DT? i know brandon is good(a stud) but c'mon

Allen is the oldest of the DL players and he’s the hard loss but you keep Payne and Chase and Tez so it’s about futures if it was between just players it’s probably Allen but I think Scherff elevates Moses and Ruillier. Allen is a awesome player but he’s the odd man out for me

i fixed the post too

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

I picked Sherff over Allen, but I had to think for a second. It's pretty close...

It probably tilted Sherffs favor because we have Ionitus & Settle still on the team.

But Allen is a hell of a player for us. Him & Payne are a great combination.

Take Sherff off our line & we might see a Macy's Day Parade to our QB & that makes me nervous.

I'd prefer to keep them both, if we can.

6 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Allen is the oldest of the DL players and he’s the hard loss but you keep Payne and Chase and Tez so it’s about futures if it was between just players it’s probably Allen but I think Scherff elevates Moses and Ruillier. Allen is a awesome player but he’s the odd man out for me

i fixed the post too

That's a good point by Mar though, also, Scherff is 29, going to be 30 next December, while Allen is less injury prone and just turned 26. When you put it all together, Allen's contract should be cheaper as he's not a multi-pro bowler, Scherff was an All-Pro last year bc Zach Martin and others were lost for the season w/ injuries so, Allen's contract should be cheaper. We can keep both guys, and should keep both guys, but I think with what @mar29020 brought up and @offbyone we should keep Allen, so I change my vote. If we had to but again, we don't, I'd let Scherff Walk in FA, take the 3rd round comp in 2022 and re-sign the younger and more impactful Allen. Then, I'd take the BPA OG in round 1 or 2 when we pick - depending on who's available in other positions.

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I picked Sherff over Allen, but I had to think for a second. It's pretty close...

It probably tilted Sherffs favor because we have Ionitus & Settle still on the team.

But Allen is a hell of a player for us. Him & Payne are a great combination.

Take Sherff off our line & we might see a Macy's Day Parade to our QB & that makes me nervous.

I'd prefer to keep them both, if we can.

The good news is we can keep both and hopefully will keep both. Allen is 3 years younger, probably going to be cheaper to re-sign and he's more durable. Those are factors to consider as well. We also can draft an OG in round 1 or 2 to replace Sherff should we not retain him, which I can't imagine.

I get the sense a lot of people feel like, "If we are going to lose a player on the Dline it should be Allen."  The issue with that is you have no idea if the other guys will even want to stay or they could have career ending injuries, etc.  The only way to keep the band together is to start with Allen.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

You can’t resign all of these Dlineman. It’s just a reality.  Someone is going to be the odd man out.  My bet is Allen.

we can actually, Dallas affords all these high priced players, we have like one guy that is high priced in landon on the books rn now. Wsh could get creative with contracts and front load them or something to sign all of them, it is possible to do it.

• Like 1