Jump to content

Tcmd - 2021 (Steelers Select Alim mcneil with their 2nd)


Recommended Posts

So right now you need a OT and a center.  You may be able to get that in the 1st 2 rounds.  After that you might get lucky but you are about to trade away your 3rd.  I would say you need to move back and pickup extra picks but you are going to lose some ammo with some of the trades

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

How high would you go for Julio Jones ?

I was thinking Edmunds + 1st ...not sure if that would get it done 

But they wanted 1st , Edmunds, highsmith and Dotson  ... No way I'd give up that much 

But Julio + claypool outside for hurts to throw too   and Julio is cheaper then trying to go and bring juju back

 

 

 

 

I would laugh them out of the room.  They want a starting SS, WR, OG  and a 1st.  that is way too rich

You do not need Jones  The Steelers are loaded at WR.  Bring back Washington.  Let JuJu walk.

Edited by jebrick
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jebrick said:

So right now you need a OT and a center.  You may be able to get that in the 1st 2 rounds.  After that you might get lucky but you are about to trade away your 3rd.  I would say you need to move back and pickup extra picks but you are going to lose some ammo with some of the trades

As of now with the cap space, I plan on trying to bring back feiler to play RT 

And go after pocic to play C 

Also looking to bring in darqueze danard to play nickel (much cheaper right now then Hilton and Sutton who want 16 and 7 apy as of the 1st round of FA)

Was also thinking about maybe targeting bud , or Hassan riddick (basically asking the same 15 apy)

Of course FA in these things are anybody's guess but we'll see 

If you want to see the list or anything lmk I can get you the links 

 

 

Edited by Cbrunn
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cbrunn said:

Anyone have any input on 

24 + Edmunds for Julio Jones + late round (I'm thinking like a 5th) 

If we'd do that I'd withdraw the ekelar for a 3rd offer

That's a real conundrum.  Julio is such a difference maker, and especially with a QB like Hurts it's a great Idea to get a WR like that.  But, I think it's easy to look at Julio as damaged goods.  Especially after this past year with his injuries mounting and missing so many games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be extremely silly to trade a first and an average starting safety for a 32 year old WR.     Julio is still a difference maker, but a) for how much longer and b) we have enough talent at WR.   

Never trade a first anyone over 30 unless its a QB (and even then, early 30s and top 12 or so).   If you insist on trading our first and Edmunds, you need to get another quality defensive back out of it....either an upgrade over Edmunds or a CB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now as I somewhat agree but truthfully this is a 1 year thing ... And having Julio on the roster is much better for year 1  ... They also have Kendal shefeild and Isiah Oliver on the block they might throw in instead of the pick

And we'd still have plenty of draft capital to address depth issues

2nd

3rd

3 4ths 

1 5th 

Also over 30 mil(45ish right now minus Julio salary) to use in FA to address some of the depth issues 

 

 

Edited by Cbrunn
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say with that $15mil salary you could address many other issues that Julio doesn't really fix.  That could be a OL and RB depending on what salaries look like.  I think the perception of fixing the run game would go further than adding Julio to the WR room.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I think I'll tell him that we back out of the Julio deal, it would of been nice but you guys are right, not exactly a need 

Here is the UFA list 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13CEiVq7QdPODw-JpDZ7ZLCJ-rETdW2zDG2gO8mRAFnc/edit?usp=sharing

I planned on going after feiler , pocic and darqueze danard in the 1st round but I'm open to others opinions too

There is really no RB to go after at least yet, all the apys are way to high 

AV is only asking for like 5 apy , which is low enough to try to retain him but I think it's time to just move on

 

Edited by Cbrunn
Link to post
Share on other sites

You should resign Banner and draft a decent LT.   Hell, with that much space i would just cover the holes and draft some young players.  Sign a center and you can truly go BPA for every pick.  You will/may need a SS but Jevon Holland could be had in the 2nd or deal to get Talanoa Hufanga in the 3rd.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jebrick said:

You should resign Banner and draft a decent LT.   Hell, with that much space i would just cover the holes and draft some young players.  Sign a center and you can truly go BPA for every pick.  You will/may need a SS but Jevon Holland could be had in the 2nd or deal to get Talanoa Hufanga in the 3rd.

Banner over feiler? To play RT, and feiler could slide in to guard in a pinch

And you read my mind I was thinking Holland or Shaun Wade to play the slot, signing darqueze danard to man that position helps, but those guys seem like top tier slot guys.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

Ok I think I'll tell him that we back out of the Julio deal, it would of been nice but you guys are right, not exactly a need 

Here is the UFA list 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13CEiVq7QdPODw-JpDZ7ZLCJ-rETdW2zDG2gO8mRAFnc/edit?usp=sharing

I planned on going after feiler , pocic and darqueze danard in the 1st round but I'm open to others opinions too

There is really no RB to go after at least yet, all the apys are way to high 

AV is only asking for like 5 apy , which is low enough to try to retain him but I think it's time to just move on

 

If you really want another WR, for value there AJ Green, for the price Kenny Gallowday, for the YOLO Chris Godwin.

I'd target Cam Robinson.  He's not a bad value if you can't plug LT in the draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You think cam is better then Chuck's at the LT spot? Plus probably a rookie somewhere? 

Think we should spend to try to bring in another top pass rusher (bud back, or maybe Hassan riddick?) Or just stick with Highsmith as the starter?

 

I thought about gallowday but there no way he isn't getting 17+ if not more, I'd be shocked to see him go for that cheap ...

and you can only bid on 3 guys a round who right now are, feiler , pocic and dennard

 

Edited by Cbrunn
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

You think cam is better then Chuck's at the LT spot? Plus probably a rookie somewhere? 

Think we should spend to try to bring in another top pass rusher (bud back, or maybe Hassan riddick?) Or just stick with Highsmith as the starter?

 

I thought about gallowday but there no way he isn't getting 17+ if not more, I'd be shocked to see him go for that cheap ...

and you can only bid on 3 guys a round who right now are, feiler , pocic and dennard

 

I wouldn't have bided on Feiler TBH.  Chucks did good at RT, Dodson at LG.  C and LT are the issue then.  At least Robinson played LT and was solid enough you can get away with it.  Moving a guy isn't going to play as well.

Yes I was looking at pass rusher being really important here.  To me that means cutting corners elsewhere salary wise.  Why pay Feiler more than Cam, especially when ou aren't sure where you will play him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...