No Theme Mafia - It's now Night Four - Submit moves.

Dome

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

i mean sure, but is a solid fake claim really so bad for a solo player like SK?

“I’m the backup, you know one is in the game. I didn’t become SK.” is actually a strong cover role considering there was no alignment cop. 

and that does require threadplay on BSing any death reveal info, since Backup could only be converted N1.

But town didn’t know this... so if you weren’t converted d1 then you wouldn’t have to BS anything... if you were converted d1 you would have 

So you're saying lack of a town Alignment cop would strengthen the case of a scum claiming Role cop?

Yes, correct. 

I guess slightly, although I wouldn't assume that both couldn't be in the game.

I mean, tk3 wasn’t killed because folks didn’t like his claim.

In a game with a town alignment cop, rolecops are always met with more scrutiny. In a 14 player game that would’ve been doubly true.

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

If you took Daniel off the table my 1% would have been a full 0% anyways

That would be a neat trick, but he would have died in the attempt.

22 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

my favorite part was when md4l claimed alignment cop, personally. and i was dead

That part should live in mafia legend.

Just now, Dome said:

“I’m the backup, you know one is in the game. I didn’t become SK.” is actually a strong cover role considering there was no alignment cop. 

it's... an ok cover role. would be great if you didnt have to get lynched first. But again, a solo player having a solid cover isn't a bad thing. And it still isn't ideal since the required lynch survival.

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

But town didn’t know this... so if you weren’t converted d1 then you wouldn’t have to BS anything... if you were converted d1 you would have

So it was to make backup suspicious to town for the benefit as scum, like a pseudo miller?

Yeah this makes sense if you felt the setup was a bit too townsided.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

@Dome I don't think I would've even went for a Backup claim anyways as Serial Killer since I needed to publicly survive a lynch which isn't consistent with the normal Backup role. Not sure there was really any threat of me hiding as a Backup lol

well once you tried to get lynched and survived, yeah you couldn’t claim backup. 

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

So it was to make backup suspicious to town for the benefit as scum, like a pseudo miller?

Yeah this makes sense if you felt the setup was a bit too townsided.

That’s a good way to describe the purpose of outing that info, yea.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I want it on record that I also hate mass claiming - regardless of my alignment

Back in the days where 40% of the game was vanilla it was irrelevant and people only claiming when they had information or were in danger of being lynched - lest they be the hit targets

But its wild these days, even with provided fake claims

Yep, I honestly don’t remember the last game where I was an actual vanilla role..... I think a lot of the switch was just to keep people way more active, and honestly when everyone has a role, it’s a claimfest.

A lot of times it actually hurts town and just confuses them anyway. 

someone should make a vanilla game sometime, it would bring back a little more “scum hunting”

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Dome where is the analysis 

Non-town didn’t come to play, but tk3 gets a nod for playing the best 

matts gets MVP for bringing malf into the game 

pickle gets the Bob Ross Creativity Award for claiming the deadman’s switch ability... it’s not why scum kept him alive, they didn’t even discuss that angle I don’t think... but I liked the creativity.

I didn’t like your claim, served no purpose, but it did give lots of people town-lean on you, so there’s that.

Who else should I do?

24 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I want it on record that I also hate mass claiming - regardless of my alignment

Back in the days where 40% of the game was vanilla it was irrelevant and people only claiming when they had information or were in danger of being lynched - lest they be the hit targets

But its wild these days, even with provided fake claims

I love vanilla games with just 20% or so of town having powers

but too many people don’t play when they’re vanilla so they’re hard to host  

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

Non-town didn’t come to play, but tk3 gets a nod for playing the best 

matts gets MVP for bringing malf into the game 

pickle gets the Bob Ross Creativity Award for claiming the deadman’s switch ability... it’s not why scum kept him alive, they didn’t even discuss that angle I don’t think... but I liked the creativity.

I didn’t like your claim, served no purpose, but it did give lots of people town-lean on you, so there’s that.

Who else should I do?

I don’t care what you like Jennifer 

28 minutes ago, Dome said:

was that just a fake bomb type thing then by pickle?