JJ Watt to be released

ET80

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I agree, but this isn't why. This is a rare instance in where the McNair's did the right, classy thing.

I know this isn't why. But this proves they should not be stewards of the Htown NFL franchise any longer... when the bedrock of the team just wants OUT then you shouldn't be in control

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I know this isn't why. But this proves they should not be stewards of the Htown NFL franchise any longer... when the bedrock of the team just wants OUT then you shouldn't be in control

100% agree, and feel the exact same way.

I've never seen a downfall like that of the McNair family over the past few months. Crumbled to the ground, nothing worth salvaging. 

1 minute ago, jch1911 said:

You know... I wasn't an Oilers (not really) growing up, but I remember the vitriol and hatred fans had for Bud Adams...

I think I am way beyond that for the McNairs and JE

I agree - and I was figuratively spitting on Adams' grave even before he passed.

The venom I have for the McNair family is growing non stop.

It’s just very sad it has to end this way because it really didn’t have to.

The Texans could have hired Omar Khan, got rid of Jack, hired an actually competent coach that would be able to excite the team and fan base (EB, Eberflus), and reworked Watts deal to lower the cap hit while give him some guaranteed money. Him of course deciding to stay with the Texans because he believed in the foundation that was being set up and that with 4 under center they will be a contender as long as they make semi-competent moves.

• Like 2