Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How good have those teams been since trading for all of these great pieces?

So...because teams butchered what they did with those picks makes those bad trades?  If you're going to use the power of hindsight to justify your argument, I'll do the same.  What if instead of taking Sexton the Cavaliers had taken SGA instead?  And flipped IT to a win-now team for more assets instead of sending him to the Lakers at the deadline for LNJ?  Or the Pelicans instead of taking and trading DeAndre Hunter to the Hawks had select Darrius Garland?  And Jaxson Hayes is actually a pretty solid player.  Nothing special, but not a throwaway by any means.

Just now, CWood21 said:

So...because teams butchered what they did with those picks makes those bad trades?  If you're going to use the power of hindsight to justify your argument, I'll do the same.  What if instead of taking Sexton the Cavaliers had taken SGA instead?  And flipped IT to a win-now team for more assets instead of sending him to the Lakers at the deadline for LNJ?  Or the Pelicans instead of taking and trading DeAndre Hunter to the Hawks had select Darrius Garland?  And Jaxson Hayes is actually a pretty solid player.  Nothing special, but not a throwaway by any means.

The Pelicans aren't even close to the playoffs and Zion already wants out. Cleveland has been poverty since LeBron left. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Obviously I don't think we're trading for Lillard my boy. @CWood21 but i think it's likely he demands a trade out. Who even can pull it off?

Still think a Simmons/Lillard swap has merit.  Obviously, Philadelphia would need to send more assets towards Portland, but there's logic there.  Heat are probably my biggest favorite.  They have the assets to do so IMO.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Still think a Simmons/Lillard swap has merit.  Obviously, Philadelphia would need to send more assets towards Portland, but there's logic there.  Heat are probably my biggest favorite.  They have the assets to do so IMO.

What would Miami give up? And I think Boston would make sense if they'd give up Brown + Smart, because they'd have the cap flexibility to pursue guys in 2022 to join them.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What would Miami give up? And I think Boston would make sense if they'd give up Brown + Smart, because they'd have the cap flexibility to pursue guys in 2022 to join them.

I don't think Boston wants to give up Brown.  I think they're riding Brown/Tatum into the ground.  They can actually make salaries match if they're trading Marcus Smart, Tristan Thompson, Romeo Langford, and Robert Williams, but the problem isn't matching salaries it's the assets being dealt.  That package offers maybe a fringe starting C as the building block of the package.  You've got salary filler (Tristan Thompson) and a former lottery pick who might not get his 4th year option picked up.  Boston owns their own FRP beyond this year, but they also don't own anyone else's future FRP.  So the Blazers would effectively be taking a Harden-esque package banking on the C's blowing up, which is unlikely with a Lillard/Brown/Tatum core.

As for Miami, I don't think they can trade a FRP until 2025, so they could send their 2025 and 2027 FRPs plus some pick swaps.  And I'd imagine they'd make anyone not named Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo available for him.  A Tyler Herro, Precious Achiwua, salary filler (Goran Dragic), and picks isn't a great offer, but it's not the worst offer.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

If Dallas somehow pulls off the Dame trade, they'd still have space for 1 more max guy next summer if I'm correct. If Brooklyn fails to get another ring, would assume with KD's ties to Nico from Nike that'd be an interesting spot for him...

Dallas would need to dump Porky to do so I think.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And Miami is reportedly shopping Herro after refusing to make him available in Harden trade talks... lmao

So much regret from Miami right now.

Not only did they not get him, but he's now on another team in the East that will clobber them without drastic changes. All because of Tyler Herro...seemingly.

I like Herro and think he will be a very solid starter who could make an All-Star team if he's on a really good team (like Middleton), but he shouldn't have kept you from getting Harden.

*Again, assuming Herro was the deal breaker

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

If you're a rebuilding team (as in Portland is), it's light years better then the offer you proposed from the Jazz.

I think if they trade Dame they'll look to blow it up and rebuild. They'll seek an offer that's closer to what the Pelicans got for AD then what the Cavaliers got for LeBron because they're nowhere near a contender with Dame on the roster. 

Tyler Herro is an inefficient bench scorer that absolutely vanished in the playoffs this season. Precious wasn't even in Miami's rotation and has shown absolutely nothing to indicate he'll ever be a good NBA player. And as you said the first pick they'd even be able to recoup would be in 4 years...

Just now, seminoles1 said:

So much regret from Miami right now.

Not only did they not get him, but he's now on another team in the East that will clobber them without drastic changes. All because of Tyler Herro...seemingly.

I like Herro and think he will be a very solid starter who could make an All-Star team if he's on a really good team (like Middleton), but he shouldn't have kept you from getting Harden.

*Again, assuming Herro was the deal breaker

One of the Miami beat writers said that Herro was untouchable in the Harden talks but after he regressed this year it's almost guaranteed that he'll be traded this offseason. 

Herro is okay but was massively overrated after their finals run last year. And I think he's closer to a Jordan Clarkson level player long-term than a Khris Middleton. Solid scoring option off the bench but not a guy who will ever be a #2/#3 on a contending level team. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

One of the Miami beat writers said that Herro was untouchable in the Harden talks but after he regressed this year it's almost guaranteed that he'll be traded this offseason. 

Herro is okay but was massively overrated after their finals run last year. And I think he's closer to a Jordan Clarkson level player long-term than a Khris Middleton. Solid scoring option off the bench but not a guy who will ever be a #2/#3 on a contending level team. 

I'm just higher on his upside I guess. He's only 21 and he's shown a solid feel for the game. Just need to tighten up his efficiency (read: shot selection) and I think he'll be a really good player.