Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

So to sum that whole thing up, the Lakers would need to get rid of the allowable percentage towards Conley's money, the Jazz can only take back half of what Conley signs for and the Jazz would need DeRozan to sign for half of what Conley does to fit him. Then, the Spurs can only take back half of what DeRozan signs for unless they have the $15+ million in room that it would take to take on the difference in what the Lakers would have to send out.

So, if we go by the contracts, as examples, of what I said on the last page...

The Lakers need to clear $20m to fit Conley
The Jazz can only take back $10m 
The Spurs can only take back $5m unless they have $15+ million in room.

They would most likely have to get a 4th team involved, that has ample cap room, and dump contracts to make that happen while giving up picks to clear that space.

Oh and S&T deals hard cap teams that are over the salary cap.

Oh and I'm not sure if they can use their MLE or not. I know for sure they can't use full MLE. There's some kind of hit you take as a hard capped team off a S&T deal that affects your MLE abilities.

So, LIS, S&T deals are rare and dual S&T deals are practically impossible and it hinders your ability to add in-season.

Edited by beekay414

18 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So to sum that whole thing up, the Lakers would need to get rid of the allowable percentage towards Conley's money, the Jazz can only take back half of what Conley signs for and the Jazz would need DeRozan to sign for half of what Conley does to fit him. Then, the Spurs can only take back half of what DeRozan signs for unless they have the $15+ million in room that it would take to take on the difference in what the Lakers would have to send out.

They would most likely have to get a 4th team involved, that has ample cap room, and dump contracts to make that happen while giving up picks to clear that space.

Oh and I'm not sure if they can use their MLE or not. I know for sure they can't use full MLE. There's some kind of hit you take as a hard capped team off a S&T deal that affects your MLE abilities.

So, LIS, S&T deals are rare and dual S&T deals are practically impossible and it hinders your ability to add in-season.

S&T DeRozan for Bojan, bring back Conley.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

S&T DeRozan for Bojan, bring back Conley.

Would hard cap you at around $143m and I'm still not sure if the Spurs would have enough space to pull that off. Just depends on who they renounce and whether or not they need to keep DD's $39m cap hold on the books in order to S&T him. If they do, they likely won't have enough money to take on Bojan's full $18m and, in their position, it doesn't make sense for them to do so.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Would hard cap you at around $143m and I'm still not sure if the Spurs would have enough space to pull that off. Just depends on who they renounce and whether or not they need to keep DD's $39m cap hold on the books in order to S&T him. If they do, they likely won't have enough money to take on Bojan's full $18m and, in their position, it doesn't make sense for them to do so.

We have to get creative and make some moves, Lindsey being out is a great sign though. He was reportedly checked out the last few months because he knew he was being replaced. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

We have to get creative and make some moves, Lindsey being out is a great sign though. He was reportedly checked out the last few months because he knew he was being replaced. 

Gotta find the right teams in order to pull off S&Ts

Just now, beekay414 said:

Gotta find the right teams in order to pull off S&Ts

Yeah, I really think the only teams that Conley would even accept a S&T would be the Lakers, Clippers, Celtics, or Pacers (unlikely). 

And the only FA that I could see being worth a S&T for us would be DeRozan. 

I'd try to shop Bojan if possible, would love to move him in a deal for Grant along with Udoka, #30, and a future draft asset but not sure they'd be interested. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, I really think the only teams that Conley would even accept a S&T would be the Lakers, Clippers, Celtics, or Pacers (unlikely). 

Yeah there's no feasible way to pull off a Conley S&T to LAL, LAC or Boston. Indiana has some room but there's no assets that you could feasibly take back that would matter anyways. Best you might get is the Holiday bros or Jeremy Lamb and a draft pick.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah there's no feasible way to pull off a Conley S&T to LAL, LAC or Boston. Indiana has some room but there's no assets that you could feasibly take back that would matter anyways. Best you might get is the Holiday bros or Jeremy Lamb and a draft pick.

Give us Brogdon and we'll include more...

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Give us Brogdon and we'll include more...

I mean, it'd have to be S&T Conley (let's say $18m), in which the Jazz could only take back $9 million. So, you'd need to send another $13m back (Ingles) which means the Pacers are taking on $31m but only sending out $21m.

Actually, the Pacers are also out on an S&T simply because they already have $118m allocated for 2021-22. Would need a third team, with space, that they could send the other $10m to or re-route Ingles to.

It's incredibly difficult to pull of an S&T between to above the cap teams. Absolutely would need a 3rd team involved. I'm also not sure if you can send out another player from the S&Ting team along with the contract to make it work. 

EDIT - No, @NYRaider, you can combine contracts, so it's still feasible to re-work that deal by moving Ingles elsewhere or the Pacers getting someone, with space, to take Lamb's contract.

Edited by beekay414

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, it'd have to be S&T Conley (let's say $18m), in which the Jazz could only take back $9 million. So, you'd need to send another $13m back (Ingles) which means the Pacers are taking on $31m but only sending out $21m.

Actually, the Pacers are also out on an S&T simply because they already have $118m allocated for 2021-22. Would need a third team, with space, that they could send the other $10m to or re-route Ingles to.

It's incredibly difficult to pull of an S&T between to above the cap teams. Absolutely would need a 3rd team involved. I'm also not sure if you can send out another player from the S&Ting team along with the contract to make it work. 

Don't crush my dreams please...

19 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Close, but not quite.  You're allowed to give up to 20% raises from the previous salary before it affects trade value.  That wouldn't really affect someone like Conley.  It would affect someone like DeRozan who could make up to $33.3M before the trade value of his contract would change.

18 hours ago, beekay414 said:

You'd have to under the Apron if you wanted to receive a player via S&T.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Close, but not quite.  You're allowed to give up to 20% raises from the previous salary before it affects trade value.  That wouldn't really affect someone like Conley.  It would affect someone like DeRozan who could make up to $33.3M before the trade value of his contract would change.

What does that have to do with what teams trading S&Ts can take back?