Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Future picks? Why would Cleveland do that? Also seems a little redundant with NAW and Kira Lewis already there. 

NAW as a 6th man next season would be ideal. I think he has starter potential but if we want to be in playoff contention it’s not a guarantee that he makes that leap to being a starting caliber player for a playoff squad. Kira still has a ways to go

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

1. Why?

2. Why not both?

1. He’s a better defender and will be a better shooter. Doesn’t command the ball nearly as much, he’s a much better fit next to Zion. JVG really hurt the growth of the young guys. 

2. I like Sexton but your 3 building blocks can’t all play bad defense. 

3 hours ago, amac said:

NAW as a 6th man next season would be ideal. I think he has starter potential but if we want to be in playoff contention it’s not a guarantee that he makes that leap to being a starting caliber player for a playoff squad. Kira still has a ways to go

NAW will be ready. He’s looked fantastic for Canada. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

1. He’s a better defender and will be a better shooter. Doesn’t command the ball nearly as much, he’s a much better fit next to Zion. JVG really hurt the growth of the young guys. 

2. I like Sexton but your 3 building blocks can’t all play bad defense. 

Why are you so confident NAW will be a better shooter? Sexton is already a better shooter and is younger. You need perimeter creators in the playoffs if you want to advance. You also really overstate the difference in how much they command the ball. Sexton does have a higher usage, but Sexton only took 2 more shots per-36 than NAW and he was MUCH more efficient with a MUCH higher assist rate and a lower turnover rate.

Defense is fair. I think Sexton's defense definitely needs improvement, but scheme and better teammates can always help that. He's already a significantly better offensive player than NAW and he's younger.

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Why are you so confident NAW will be a better shooter? Sexton is already a better shooter and is younger. You need perimeter creators in the playoffs if you want to advance. You also really overstate the difference in how much they command the ball. Sexton does have a higher usage, but Sexton only took 2 more shots per-36 than NAW and he was MUCH more efficient with a MUCH higher assist rate and a lower turnover rate.

Defense is fair. I think Sexton's defense definitely needs improvement, but scheme and better teammates can always help that. He's already a significantly better offensive player than NAW and he's younger.

Unfair when NAW barely played his rookie year and JVG had a love affair with Eric Bledsoe. NAW showed big time flashes and is showing out on the Canadian team. 

As a starter NAW averaged 19-5-3 on 46-41-61 shooting. Sexton is an alpha, which is great in some regards but I don’t see him willing to be the 3rd option offensively… especially with reports that he’s not super well liked in the locker room. Who knows if the reports are accurate but they’re out there. 

15 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Unfair when NAW barely played his rookie year and JVG had a love affair with Eric Bledsoe. NAW showed big time flashes and is showing out on the Canadian team. 

As a starter NAW averaged 19-5-3 on 46-41-61 shooting. Sexton is an alpha, which is great in some regards but I don’t see him willing to be the 3rd option offensively… especially with reports that he’s not super well liked in the locker room. Who knows if the reports are accurate but they’re out there. 

NAW showed flashes, Sexton has shown for a year and a half.

You can build around 3 offensive alphas. All 3 of Zion, Sexton and Ingram are good ball-movers.

I like NAW. I wanted him BADLY on Memphis in the 2019 draft and would still gladly take him. I just think Sexton is being very underrated by a lot of people. He's not just a solid young player; he's a damn stud.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

NAW showed flashes, Sexton has shown for a year and a half.

You can build around 3 offensive alphas. All 3 of Zion, Sexton and Ingram are good ball-movers.

I like NAW. I wanted him BADLY on Memphis in the 2019 draft and would still gladly take him. I just think Sexton is being very underrated by a lot of people. He's not just a solid young player; he's a damn stud.

I guess it depends what you define stud as. He’s undersized and plays horrid defense. I like him, I just don’t think he’s a good fit with Zion/Ingram. 

49 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I guess it depends what you define stud as. He’s undersized and plays horrid defense. I like him, I just don’t think he’s a good fit with Zion/Ingram. 

He's slightly undersized as a two guard at 6'1.5" but makes up for it with his length and athleticism. If the Pelicans bring back Lonzo Ball I think he'd be a great fit in New Orleans. Playing next to a 6'6" PG that's a plus level defender would allow Sexton to defend 1's while Ball guards 2's. The issue in Cleveland is that Sexton is small and Garland is tiny, plus they have zero rim protection. 

I know it's easy to fall in love with "potential" but Sexton has proven that he's a good NBA player. He's only 22 and has made leaps every year he has been in the league. Last season he averaged 24/3/4 on 47% FG | 37% 3FG | 81% FT. Dude is a certified bucket getter. 

22 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I think NAW can be a high level starter some day but I don’t think one good game with Canada should factor in to how he’s evaluated. He’s still got more to prove and I think his game right now is well suited to being a 6th man, who would eventually work his way into a larger role as he improves.

there are defensive questions with Sexton-Ingram-Zion but it’s not too often you have a chance to get a high level offensive player that young, and at a position where we don’t really have a surefire starter. And he would absolutely help address another issue with his 3 pt shooting

Edited by amac

5 hours ago, amac said:

there are defensive questions with Sexton-Ingram-Zion but it’s not too often you have a chance to get a high level offensive player that young, and at a position where we don’t really have a surefire starter. And he would absolutely help address another issue with his 3 pt shooting

Agreed. And I think Sexton is fine defensively he just doesn't fit well next to Garland because he's also extremely small. Playing next to Lonzo I think they'd be fine defensively. If you were to land Sexton I'd try to do whatever it takes to grab a stretch 5 like Myles Turner as well.

Ball - Sexton - Ingram - Zion - Turner

That'd be a really good team. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. And I think Sexton is fine defensively he just doesn't fit well next to Garland because he's also extremely small. Playing next to Lonzo I think they'd be fine defensively. If you were to land Sexton I'd try to do whatever it takes to grab a stretch 5 like Myles Turner as well.

Ball - Sexton - Ingram - Zion - Turner

That'd be a really good team. 

Worst rebounding team in the NBA for sure.

19 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Worst rebounding team in the NBA for sure.

They were the 3rd best rebounding team in the league this year and would be replacing Bledsoe (3.4 RPG) for Sexton (3.1 RPG) and Adams (8.9 RPG) for Turner (6.5 RPG).

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

They were the 3rd best rebounding team in the league this year and would be replacing Bledsoe (3.4 RPG) for Sexton (3.1 RPG) and Adams (8.9 RPG) for Turner (6.5 RPG).

Pelicans just need to be patient. NAW and Hayes both took huge steps under a coach who didn’t play them as much as he should’ve. Hayes has a really high ceiling.