Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

On 7/18/2021 at 10:17 AM, CWood21 said:

I think people are referring to the timing of S&T combined with current draft picks.  The NBA Draft isn't until July 29th, and FA doesn't officially open until August 2nd, which means teams can't officially discuss contracts with FAs until then. 

In the old CBA if a player was being traded in a sign and trade, the team sending out the player could not send out any other assets. 

39 minutes ago, amac said:

So the Pels are interested in Kyle Lowry and likely to offload at least one of Adams and Bledsoe. I like the fit of Lowry at his best, but he's already 35 so I hope we don't give up anything significant as I could easily see him dropping off next year

Lowry has already made $190M over the course of his career and has a ring. I'm assuming that he'll be focused on signing somewhere that gives him a chance to compete for a ring next year on a team friendly deal or to a young team that's going to give him the bag. Don't think it can work because Ball is a RFA but a S&T of Ball for Lowry could make sense for both teams depending on who the Raptors take at #4. Like if they land Evan Mobley then I could see Ball being really appealing for them. S&T is the only option for Lowry to NO because of your cap situation though right?

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Lowry has already made $190M over the course of his career and has a ring. I'm assuming that he'll be focused on signing somewhere that gives him a chance to compete for a ring next year on a team friendly deal or to a young team that's going to give him the bag. Don't think it can work because Ball is a RFA but a S&T of Ball for Lowry could make sense for both teams depending on who the Raptors take at #4. Like if they land Evan Mobley then I could see Ball being really appealing for them. S&T is the only option for Lowry to NO because of your cap situation though right?

I believe they could offload Bledsoe/Adams and probably sign him outright.

On 7/20/2021 at 3:42 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

The difference between 4 and 5 in this draft is much greater than some 2nd round picks. 

Absolutely, especially since Mobley/Suggs both fit the Raptors roster perfectly. I could see Cleveland moving down if the Magic were willing to give up #5/#8 for #3. Maybe something like...

Magic receive: Kevin Love, Collin Sexton, #3

Cavaliers receive: Terrence Ross, Gary Harris, #5, #8, #33

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

She isn’t and they don’t

John Hollinger posted at The Athletic: If one franchise is going to pack up and move in the coming years, it will be New Orleans.

With the team only committed to its lease in The Big Easy through 2024, sources consistently mention New Orleans as the most likely team to seek relocation in the coming decade. To be clear, [owner Gayle] Benson is deeply connected to New Orleans and not currently seeking to sell, but losing money while finishing in the lottery has not been an enjoyable side venture to the main business of running the Saints.

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

John Hollinger posted at The Athletic: If one franchise is going to pack up and move in the coming years, it will be New Orleans.

Haha I knew you’d reference this dumb article. All of New Orleans best writers laughed at it.

Benson has said multiple times she’d never sell or move the team. The team is profitable and it’s worth 6x now what the Bensons paid for it. It’s a lazy, poorly researched joke of an article. 

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Haha I knew you’d reference this dumb article. All of New Orleans best writers laughed at it.

Benson has said multiple times she’d never sell or move the team. The team is profitable and it’s worth 6x now what the Bensons paid for it. It’s a lazy, poorly researched joke of an article. 

That was my source, I didn't think John Hollinger, former NBA GM, and one of the best beat writers in the sport would lie. So if that is a lie and he is a fraud, okay. But I do agree with you that the Pelicans letting Lonzo walk for nothing when Josh Hart is likely going to do the same would be dumb.