NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

As I suggested for the Dallas Mavericks, it might be worth it for the Lakers to take a swing on Collin Sexton. The Cavaliers don't want to pay him and it'd be a low risk/high reward situation for the Lakers. He'd offer immediate help as a legit 24-25 ppg scorer next season to help you chase another title. Then you can let him test RFA, if the Lakers are able to lure another star they can just let him walk, but if they can't then they can match his offer sheet and bring him back. 

Cleveland "reportedly" is interested in Caruso and THT, but I don't really trust the source it came from.

Not sure what the trade package would look like, but that's an interesting though process. I like it.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Cleveland "reportedly" is interested in Caruso and THT, but I don't really trust the source it came from.

Not sure what the trade package would look like, but that's an interesting though process. I like it.

Aren't both of those guys FA so they'd have to be sent via S&T. I've also seen a suggested Kuzma + 22 for Sexton. 

Sexton doesn't fit well with the Cavaliers because they have Garland but I think he'd fit perfectly with the Lakers as he'd be able to play the 2 on offense (LeBron basically PG) and defend 1's on defense. He's only 22, has improved every year in the league, and is coming off of a 24/3/4 season on 47/37/81 shooting splits. So you'd add a dynamic scorer that can help you push for a title next season while still keeping your flexibility to make a splash move in 2022 free agency, if you miss, then you an just bring Sexton back by matching his offer sheet. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Aren't both of those guys FA so they'd have to be sent via S&T. I've also seen a suggested Kuzma + 22 for Sexton. 

Sexton doesn't fit well with the Cavaliers because they have Garland but I think he'd fit perfectly with the Lakers as he'd be able to play the 2 on offense (LeBron basically PG) and defend 1's on defense. He's only 22, has improved every year in the league, and is coming off of a 24/3/4 season on 47/37/81 shooting splits. So you'd add a dynamic scorer that can help you push for a title next season while still keeping your flexibility to make a splash move in 2022 free agency, if you miss, then you an just bring Sexton back by matching his offer sheet. 

Yeah. Caruso a FA and THT a RFA.

I'm just sure another team can offer better, but we should try and swing something. 

And, yeah I've heard the rumors on Sexton. I just hope Cleveland doesn't do something like trade down from 3 and pass up on someone like Mobley or Green (especially if they move on from Sexton) to speed up their rebuild by getting a name guy. I'm pretty sure I saw someone on Twitter say Woj said they could consider something like that, but I'd have to verify.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah. Caruso a FA and THT a RFA.

I'm just sure another team can offer better, but we should try and swing something. 

And, yeah I've heard the rumors on Sexton. I just hope Cleveland doesn't do something like trade down from 3 and pass up on someone like Mobley or Green (especially if they move on from Sexton) to speed up their rebuild by getting a name guy. I'm pretty sure I saw someone on Twitter say Woj said they could consider something like that, but I'd have to verify.

The biggest issue is that Sexton's trade value is significantly decreased because of the extension he's going to demand next summer. If a team wants him they could always just wait until next off-season and offer him a big contract because the Cavaliers won't be able to match it with Allen's extension and Love still on their books. 

I don't really see that as a realistic possibility for them either tbh. Unless they find someone who's willing to take on Love's deal but they'd likely have to give up draft capital or young assets to get someone to do that. With Allen getting his big extension and Love on their books, if they were to move down to add a guy it would likely put them into the luxury tax with a roster that has no chance of being competitive. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NYRaider said:

@CWood21 is a dream killer, boy I've seen every superstar in the league in a Lakers jersey swap on twitter since your season ended and your best trade asset is Kuzma, lmao.

At least I'm not naive enough to think that the best "star" the Lakers could get is Buddy Hield, and that's not likely.

15 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Also, I'll never forget or forgive that dumb writer for the Pelicans SB Nation blog calling the Lakers young players and any potential offer we could make for AD was trash and that they shouldn't accept it.

That was majority of this forum...