NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

10 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Lol why would he go to Utah?

So he doesn't get whooped on by Austin Rivers in the 1st round of the playoffs. And he can play with another real star in Mitchell, in the city he went to college in. 

But in all reality Dame to Dallas seems to be picking up steam. Dame said 3 weeks ago that Kidd is the coach that he wanted to play for. He's also reportedly tight with new Mavericks GM Nico Collins and even gave him an endorsement on Twitter yesterday. And then yesterday afternoon one of Portland's beat writers released an article on the Athletic that Dame is getting antsy and wants to win now. Accompanied by a few other previous posts and comments hinting at leaving, wouldn't be surprised if the trade rumors start heating up fast. 

That boy gone my son. I will get you a Kristapas jersey. 

@Bullet Club

Edited by NYRaider

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He went to college at Weber State for 4 years, which is like 30 minutes out of SLC. 

He was a former 2* recruit who held offers from Boise State, Bradley, Fresno State, Montana, Oral Roberts, St. Mary's, San Diego, San Diego State, Santa Clara, Southern Methodist, Weber State, and Wichita State according to Rivals.  Let's not act like he held a ton of offers from major programs and chose to go to Utah of all states.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

He was a former 2* recruit who held offers from Boise State, Bradley, Fresno State, Montana, Oral Roberts, St. Mary's, San Diego, San Diego State, Santa Clara, Southern Methodist, Weber State, and Wichita State according to Rivals.  Let's not act like he held a ton of offers from major programs and chose to go to Utah of all states.

😂

18 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Let's also not act like he didn't live in Salt Lake City for 4 of the most formative years of his life as he transitioned from a HS kid to college senior/professional athlete. Let's also not act like Donovan Mitchell isn't a budding superstar at 24 years old on a team that just had the best record in the league this year and then got hampered by injuries in the playoffs. 

Let's do act like LeBron James is 37 years old and has missed significant time in 2/3 years in LA. Let's also act like Anthony Davis is closely approaching 30, the age most bigs decline, has been injury prone his entire career, and already looked to be decling last season. 

Dame goes to LA he's going to be running with KCP/Drummond for most of the season might as well stay in Portland. 

Edited by NYRaider

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Let's also not act like he didn't live in Salt Lake City for 4 of the most formative years of his life as he transitioned from a HS kid to college senior/professional athlete. Let's also not act like Donovan Mitchell isn't a budding superstar at 24 years old on a team that just had the best record in the league this year and then got hampered by injuries in the playoffs. 

Let's do act like LeBron James is 37 years old and has missed significant time in 2/3 years in LA. Let's also act like Anthony Davis is closely approaching 30, the age most bigs decline, has been injury prone his entire career, and already looked to be decling last season. 

Dame goes to LA he's going to be running with KCP/Drummond for most of the season might as well stay in Portland. 

Who ever said he was coming to the Lakers?  Because it certainly wasn't me.  It'd take an even worse package then Harden brought back for Houston for Dame to be in a Lakers' jersey next year.  Keep letting the salt flow though.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But I guess @CWood21 that @Supersuavesky can be the first to tell you that college connections to a state really don't help your team in free agency. As none of Duke's young stars would ever for a second signing with the Hornets, lol.

If you weren't a Jazz fan, you wouldn't be arguing this.  You know I'm right.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Who ever said he was coming to the Lakers?  Because it certainly wasn't me. It'd take an even worse package then Harden brought back for Houston for Dame to be in a Lakers' jersey next year.  Keep letting the salt flow though.

To say he'd never come to Utah after he has played his entire career in a small market and has ties to SLC is foolish. Especially since we have Mitchell and he'd have a legitimate chance at a title with us. I don't think we're going to trade for him, we don't have the assets, but you suggested him saying he'd be open to playing for the Jazz was to stick it to the Blazers. While I think it's more likely that it was because he has ties to the city. 

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If you weren't a Jazz fan, you wouldn't be arguing this.  You know I'm right.

We aren't getting Dame, neither are you. We can compete for a championship with a few nice moves this off-season, you're likely headed back to the play in tournament or back end of the lottery just like the Hornets. 

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

To say he'd never come to Utah after he has played his entire career in a small market and has ties to SLC is foolish. Especially since we have Mitchell and he'd have a legitimate chance at a title with us. I don't think we're going to trade for him, we don't have the assets, but you suggested him saying he'd be open to playing for the Jazz was to stick it to the Blazers. While I think it's more likely that it was because he has ties to the city. 

Occam's razor.

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We aren't getting Dame, neither are you. We can compete for a championship with a few nice moves this off-season, you're likely headed back to the play in tournament or back end of the lottery just like the Hornets. 

Ooh, the salt is real.  The Lakers were 19-8 (.703 winning percentage) when both LeBron and Anthony Davis played.  They had a 11-17 record (.393 winning percentage) with LeBron James but without Anthony Davis.  They were 4-5 (.444 winning percentage) without LeBron but with Anthony Davis.  They were 8-10 (.444 winning percentage) without either of them.  You're absolutely right.  If LeBron and/or Anthony Davis miss a chunk of the season, the Lakers aren't a great team.  That's no different then for about 99% of the franchises out there.