What are you thinking about?

pwny

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

It's appreciated - all things considered, I got off very lucky. I'm watching the news - holy moly, this is worse than Harvey for a lot of people.

It’s crazy how much I take snow and ice for granted here in Ohio.

The crap sucks, but I couldn’t imagine my entire way of life being paused.

• Like 1

We had a couple really crappy days on Monday and Tuesday with no power, but for the most part we’ve been really lucky with all of this weather. Nearly every town on each side of our city either lost water or went into a water boil ordinance, and we thought we were caught up in one of those, but we’ve had water the whole time.

We’ve been mostly back to normal since right before midnight between Tuesday and Wednesday. But it’s been 6 hours short of an entire week and some places still aren’t even close to getting back to normal. Just complete insanity. It never had to be like this. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, pwny said:

We had a couple really crappy days on Monday and Tuesday with no power, but for the most part we’ve been really lucky with all of this weather. Nearly every town on each side of our city either lost water or went into a water boil ordinance, and we thought we were caught up in one of those, but we’ve had water the whole time.

We’ve been mostly back to normal since right before midnight between Tuesday and Wednesday. But it’s been 6 hours short of an entire week and some places still aren’t even close to getting back to normal. Just complete insanity. It never had to be like this. 

Yeah, there was a massive ball that was dropped. No reason an entire state should shut down because of something that was easily preventable.

• Like 3

Just now, Ty21 said:

I’m sure John Carpenter would **** you for $200 at this point 

He's actually been doing a lot of music.  He's even gone on tour with horror movie music he writes. 

And do you have any idea how much directors make on royalties alone? 

Like there was this one story of this one guy I was reading about who had like a tiny line in some major movie and he makes like 20,000 or something absolutely absurd every time the movie plays on cable television.

I think the movie was Shawshank Redemption, but royalties are absolutely insane. 

He currently has a net worth of 40 million dollars is all. 

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:
26 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I’m sure John Carpenter would **** you for $200 at this point 

He's actually been doing a lot of music.  He's even gone on tour with horror movie music he writes. 

And do you have any idea how much directors make on royalties alone? 

Like there was this one story of this one guy I was reading about who had like a tiny line in some major movie and he makes like 20,000 or something absolutely absurd every time the movie plays on cable television.

I think the movie was Shawshank Redemption, but royalties are absolutely insane. 

He currently has a net worth of 40 million dollars is all. 

both points are valid

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Ty thinks I love John Carpenter.  I don’t.  Carpenter hits on less than 40% of his movies.

You are right though about his music.

some of the best in horror

and 3 perfect movies

1. The Thing

2. They Live

3. Halloween

3 interesting ones

4. Escape from New York

5. Big Trouble in little china

6. In the mouth of madness

but yeah, a lot of potential misses (i didnt watch most of em but Villiage of the Damned and Vampires werent any good.

• Like 1

Apartment hunting in Beijing is such a headache. How the Chinese tenants treat apartments along with how landlords show them is not the same in the West at all. They just assume they won't get their deposit back so leave it as a dirty mess while having done zero maintenance. Landlords know someone, regardless of condition, will rent it so don't fix anything. We get 14,500rmb per month, plus 24k rmb per year that we can use on travel or apartment so I'm willing to go to 16,500 per month, but the nice ones with no issues we looked at were 19k or 17k with a couple issues. Le freaking sigh. Of course the one I loved the wife hated. The one she loves I didn't care for. Waaah. 

• Like 1