Stand by Me Standings

vike daddy

the only team from the NFC East that might fight for a wildcard spot is Dallas, but that may be dependent on the Zeke situation. 

my guess is the last 2 spots in the wildcard will be Minnesota/Detroit and New Orleans/Carolina. whoever doesn't get the wildcard spot takes the division.

20 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

the only team from the NFC East that might fight for a wildcard spot is Dallas, but that may be dependent on the Zeke situation. 

my guess is the last 2 spots in the wildcard will be Minnesota/Detroit and New Orleans/Carolina. whoever doesn't get the wildcard spot takes the division.

Washington and Dallas are tied and still have to play each other twice.  1 of them will have a shot, but not both...and honestly, I'd trust Washington more than Dallas.  Dallas to me, with or without Zeke, is a fraud of a team.  Their defense is so bad, it would be an achilles' heel in crunch-time.  

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Eagles left tackle Jason Peters had his MRI this morning, and the news is not good. Peters suffered a torn ACL and MCL, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports. That’s a season-ending injury.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/24/report-eagles-lose-jason-peters-for-season-to-torn-acl-and-mcl/

At 35, that is going to be tough to come back from

I worry about every game and every opponent.  Cleveland...yes, Cleveland...with some things breaking their way could be .500 right now.  They have problems, but they haven't mailed in a game yet.

After the bye...I think the Rams game is going to be tough.  They are running the ball well, they are getting timely receptions in the passing game...and their defense is tough.  I actually see them as the most balanced team will play after the bye week.

2 hours ago, disaacs said:

Washington and Dallas are tied and still have to play each other twice.  1 of them will have a shot, but not both...and honestly, I'd trust Washington more than Dallas.  Dallas to me, with or without Zeke, is a fraud of a team.  Their defense is so bad, it would be an achilles' heel in crunch-time.  

That's true. I  don't think Dallas and Philly have played either?

I totally forgot about Seattle. I think they make the wildcard. I trust LA more than them to win the division and Carolina is so 8-8/9-7 at best.

2 hours ago, disaacs said:

While the Eagles may be the NFC favorite at this point, I do believe that the Vikings match up well against them, if they were to face each other in the playoffs.  The Eagles still don't really scare me.  

Wentz has been fantastic but he is a young QB. I'd like to think Zimmer would put together a tough game plan and take advantage of Wentz's inexperience. Eagles are going to be a difficult team down the stretch.

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Wentz has been fantastic but he is a young QB. I'd like to think Zimmer would put together a tough game plan and take advantage of Wentz's inexperience. Eagles are going to be a difficult team down the stretch.

They have a weak run game and none of their receivers minus Zach Ertz are worthwhile (Jeffrey is okay but Rhodes can handle him).

They don't match up well against us defensively. Diggs and Thielen can exploit their weak secondary depending on what QB we are starting.

Not to get too ahead of myself. I just want us to beat Cleveland first. Skol Vikings!

The Eagles beat us up when we played them last year and started our downward spiral. I would not be terribly confident if we ended up facing them again. I think they're more well rounded than we are, especially with Cook out for the season, and are much better at QB.

The Rams make me nervous too. They have too much talent to be entirely contained; if you contain Gurley, Goff will burn you, and if you focus on Goff, Gurley will run wild. If we can beat them, then I'll be willing to call this year's defense elite.

Week Seven power rankings

1. Eagles (6-1; No. 2): Before they can be a Team of Density, they need to be sure that it’s not Carson Wentz‘s destiny to get injured while being reckless with his body.

2. Patriots (5-2; No. 3): It’s just a matter of time before we forget all about the time they were 2-2.

3. Steelers (5-2; No. 4): They’re suddenly treating Le'Veon Bell like a rented car on a rocky road.

4. Chiefs (5-2; last week No. 1): With all the praise directed to the offense, has anyone noticed that the defense isn’t getting it done?

5. Seahawks (4-2; No. 6): They’ll face the Eagles in the regular season; it may be an appetizer to an excellent postseason rematch.

6. Vikings (5-2; No. 7): The Vikings and Teddy Bridgewater are currently like Helen Hunt and Tom Hanks at the end of Castaway. #timely.

7. Rams (5-2; No. 9): Why do I have a feeling people would be saying “we’re not sure what to think of this team” even as they are hoisting the Lombardi Trophy?

8. Bills (4-2; No. 10): Doug Whaley joins fired General Managers like John Dorsey and Dave Gettleman as potential Executive of the Year In Absentia candidates.

9. Dolphins (4-2; No. 11): The 2011 team MVP has a chance to become the 2017 team MVP.

10. Saints (4-2; No. 15): They’re starting to party like it’s 2009.

16. Lions (3-3; No. 16): With the Steelers coming back to town, will Phil Luckett be joining them?

22. Packers (4-3; No. 20): It’s hard to take a guy seriously when he says “don’t count us out” immediately after giving everyone a reason to count them out.

23. Bears (3-4; No. 27): When the offensive game plan consists of scoring multiple defensive touchdowns, that’s not a sustainable offensive game plan.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/24/week-seven-power-rankings-6/

1 hour ago, y*so*blu said:

The Eagles beat us up when we played them last year and started our downward spiral. I would not be terribly confident if we ended up facing them again. I think they're more well rounded than we are, especially with Cook out for the season, and are much better at QB.

The Rams make me nervous too. They have too much talent to be entirely contained; if you contain Gurley, Goff will burn you, and if you focus on Goff, Gurley will run wild. If we can beat them, then I'll be willing to call this year's defense elite.

I'm MUCH more concerned about the Rams, as far as matchups go, than I am the Eagles, as they are sound defensively, and have shown to be pretty good on offense. 

While the Eagles' defense has been okay, I think they rely more often on the offense doing well so they can play a little more reckless on defense. I don't believe they've really played from behind at all this season, so I'm not really all that confident that they aren't just a front-running team, that if they get behind, that they truly have the ability to come back.  We'll have to see how they do later this season against the Broncos, Seahawks and Rams...see what happens if one of those teams jumps on them early...see how they react.  

The Rams, however, they are truly sound defensively, although teams have shown somewhat of an ability to run on them...which is common for a Wade Phillips' defense.  They are much more of a threat to me.  

I know people are concerned about the second half of the season, but we're going to go into the Week 9 bye as leaders of the North and we're actually getting healthier right now.

Think about all the players we had lost at this point of the season last year. Sure we had the same record seven games in as we do now, but it's a completely different roster and a completely different NFC and NFC North landscape.

Archived