Stand by Me Standings

vike daddy

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t think there’s any conflict. Most fans are fans of teams, I’m sure they will wish Wentx well, but ultimately they want the Vikings to win. 

I think you need to ask that question to those Minnesotans who bought Adrian Peterson Saints jerseys.  :P

Week Six power rankings

1. Chiefs (5-1; No. 1): They lost but they’re still No. 1? Welcome to 2017, when it’s impossible to figure out who really is/isn’t the “best” team in football.

2. Eagles (5-1; No. 5): Carson Wentz needs to avoid contact, or the Eagles won’t be able to avoid having to play multiple games without him.

3. Patriots (4-2; No. 7): If the churning continues among the top teams in the AFC, the door will be open for the Patriots to seize the No. 1 seed.

4. Steelers (4-2; No. 12): They won a game they were supposed to lose? They’ll eventually make up for that by losing a game they’re supposed to win.

5. Panthers (4-2; No. 4): The defense needs Luke Kuechly; the offense needs better play-calling in the clutch.

6. Seahawks (3-2; No. 13): How does a team jump seven spots without playing a game? First, be the Seahawks. Second, watch a cluster of teams in front of you prove they were overrated.

7. Vikings (4-2; No. 15): Case Keenum quietly is becoming a keeper for the Vikings.

8. Washington (3-2; No. 11): Monday night’s date with the Eagles could be a midseason division-title elimination game for Washington.

9. Rams (4-2; No. 16): Yes, they could be 6-0. But after 4-12 in 2016, 4-2 looks pretty good.

10. Bills (3-2; No. 10): Rex Ryan vowed to end the playoff drought in his first year with the team. Sean McDermott may be the one to get it done.

16. Lions (3-3; No. 8): With Aaron Rodgers out, the door is open for the Lions to take the division. If they can win a few games.

20. Packers (4-2; No. 2): For a team that relies so much on Aaron Rodgers, losing him and stubbornly insisting on “next man up” guarantees that they’ll be the first team out in the NFC North.

27. Bears (2-4; No. 29): With a halfback pass for a touchdown, Tarik Cohen instantly became the second best quarterback on the roster.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/17/week-six-power-rankings-7/

The NFL is a week-to-week League, which makes the dangerous habit of putting the cart before the horse even more dangerous. But let’s throw caution to the wind, if only for a moment. The Vikings, currently in first place in the division by virtue of a head-to-head tie breaker over Green Bay, are favored to win on Sunday against Baltimore and it’s likely they’ll be favored to win next week in London against the Cleveland Browns, as well. At the same time, second-place Green Bay plays the red-hot New Orleans Saints this week and the Detroit Lions cannot win this week because they are on bye and then return from the bye to play the Pittsburgh Steelers. The week after that, one of Detroit or Green Bay must lose because they play one another. Again, this is look too far down the road for a League that is as evenly matched as is the NFL, but there’s no doubt this is a time of great opportunity for the Vikings as they approach their Week 9 bye.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/5-Vikings-Ravens-Storylines-to-Watch/ebe5f9ae-e56f-45e3-a11c-f6710f4f7edc?sf123224057=1

We are one of three NFC teams with 5 wins going into next week.

1. Philadelphia 5-1 (tomorrow vs. WAS)
2. Minnesota 5-2
3. Los Angeles 5-2
4. New Orleans 4-2
---------
5. Atlanta 3-2 (tonight at NE)
6. Washington 3-3 (tomorrow at PHI)
----------
7. Seattle 3-2 (currently at NYG)
8. Green Bay 4-3
9. Carolina 4-3
10. Detroit 3-3
13. Dallas 2-3 (currently at SF)

Looking at things a little closer, I don't know how long the Rams can last. 

Their best win in terms of the opponent's current record is Jacksonville.
The quarterbacks they've beaten: Scott Tolzien, Brian Hoyer, Dak Prescott, Blake Bortles, and most of a game with Drew Stanton (it was only 6-0 when Palmer got hurt)

I don't know if I'll personally pick them to win any of their next four games (at NYG, HOU, at MIN, NO). Then after their game at ARI, they go vs. PHI, at SEA, at TEN. And Seattle is only a half-game back with the road head-to-head tiebreaker. Their schedule hasn't been great either though, as LAR would qualify as their best win followed by IND. Personally though, I like Seattle's remaining schedule and their pedigree.

29 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

The Eagles are pretty clearly the NFC favorite at this point. 

After losing in Philadelphia on Monday night, Washington coach Jay Gruden sounded resigned to having to compete for a wild card berth. Gruden noted that his team has now been swept by the Eagles this season, and that the Eagles’ lead is 2.5 games in the NFC East.

“I mean, just do the math,” Gruden said. “If you look at 3-3 and 6-1, and we’ve lost twice to them, that’s a big difference.”

The Eagles’ schedule only gets easier: They only play two more games against teams that currently have winning records, and five of their nine remaining games are at home. With a 6-1 record overall and a 3-0 record in the division, the Eagles appear poised to lock the NFC East up early, and leave the rest of the division hoping to be a wild card.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/24/jay-gruden-sounds-resigned-to-the-eagles-winning-the-nfc-east/

Archived