Stand by Me Standings

vike daddy

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

After the bye, we play 5 straight games where the opposition QB is potentially|actually better then ours. Will also be a factor, regardless how dominant out the plays

Will see if Teddy changes this and can give us equivalent play. Fortunately, Teddy isn't the one facing off against our defense.

8 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

After the bye, we play 5 straight games where the opposition QB is potentially|actually better then ours. Will also be a factor, regardless how dominant out the plays

The toughest thing about those next 5 games is that 4 of them are on the road.

Cousins is having a decent season, but that's only translated to a 3-3 start.
Rams offense has been good, but it's beatable. Not the greatest competition they've played.
We always play Detroit tough; it will likely go down to the final minutes again.
Atlanta isn't the Atlanta of 2016.
Carolina is quite beatable.

None of these games are sure wins, but they also aren't sure losses. Even if we win on Sunday and then go 2-3 (which I would say is about worst-case scenario at this point), that still puts us at 8-5 with 3 games left.

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

I'm not predicting it, but looking at the schedule - the Vikings are very capable of winning out.

QB play has to improve for me to agree with this. MN struggles to score TDs which means they will play lots of close games, grind it out types. Hard to sustain that every week. 

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

QB play has to improve for me to agree with this. MN struggles to score TDs which means they will play lots of close games, grind it out types. Hard to sustain that every week. 

I don't disagree, but I expect Bridgewater to be back and improve the position significantly.

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

I don't disagree, but I expect Bridgewater to be back and improve the position significantly.

I wish/dream I could agree with you but I can't.

I mean he was an average to above-average (albeit better than Keenum) QB BEFORE the injury. I just don't see him coming back and being a significant upgrade. A upgrade? Yes. But I can't agree with significant. If he does prove me wrong and IS a significant upgrade....it'll be after 2-3 games of his starting. I don't see him entering week 10 or whatever and not having 7 pounds of rust and nerves to shake off.

I'm not saying you or anyone on FF is guilty of this but I think people are romanticizing Teddy far too much as this top-10, franchise QB who is going to lead us to the promise land when he triumphantly returns. There's just far too many unknowns and tbh, he wasn't more than a middle of the road QB BEFORE he got hurt.

The good thing is that all we need is Teddy to be a bit better than Case. We have a defense who pretty much needs the offense to muster 21 points. That shouldn't be hard to achieve in today's NFL.

This team would be dangerous if Teddy could be a consistent 285 yards and 2 TD guy week in and week out. In other words, give me Alex Smith out of Teddy. It's not much to ask for, is it?

3 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I'm not saying you or anyone on FF is guilty of this but I think people are romanticizing Teddy far too much as this top-10, franchise QB who is going to lead us to the promise land when he triumphantly returns.

100% agree. He was OK in his 2nd year, and everyone was expecting him to take the next step before he got injured, but that obviously didn't happen. Who knows what kind of player he will be when he comes back. If he is the same players as he was in his 2nd year (probably the best case scenario for this season) that will be an upgrade over Keenum, but he has not shown to be any sort of game-changing QB. 

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

100% agree. He was OK in his 2nd year, and everyone was expecting him to take the next step before he got injured, but that obviously didn't happen. Who knows what kind of player he will be when he comes back. If he is the same players as he was in his 2nd year (probably the best case scenario for this season) that will be an upgrade over Keenum, but he has not shown to be any sort of game-changing QB. 

Yep exactly.

People seem like it's a forgone conclusion that Teddy is going to return as the starter and be  BETTER than he was before the injury. I'm over here hoping he can come back and be on the same level that he was on before he got hurt and I'm even highly doubting that.

This isn't an ACL or standard knee injury. This is nearly uncharted waters. Nobody....and I mean nobody (which includes Teddy, Eric Sugarman, and all the trainers)  knows what to expect from this if/when he returns.

9 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

This isn't an ACL or standard knee injury. This is nearly uncharted waters. Nobody....and I mean nobody (which includes Teddy, Eric Sugarman, and all the trainers)  knows what to expect from this if/when he returns.

I'm not even concerned with his knee. My concern is that he hasn't even practiced in over 12 months. It doesn't matter how much film you watch or how many passes you throw on the sideline, that is a long time away from real football. It'll take time for him to get back to where he was.

Archived