Stand by Me Standings

vike daddy

2 minutes ago, mitty18 said:

Foles really isn’t that bad. We thought the Vikings were going to be toast after Bradford went down, and then when Cook went down. Look where they are now. I think the Eagles will remain contenders for the NFC Championship. 

Eagles still have a defense that can get after the QB and some talented receivers. 

common sentiment among PHI fans right now:

"The season is pretty much dead. We will probably get a bye cause the rest of our games are against bad teams, but we won't do anything in the playoffs. Wentz made this team go, he was the reason this season was special. Without him we are just another team."

or...

"Even if Foles plays the role of super efficient game manager to a tee, this team just isn't the same. What hurts the most though, is that not only did we lose our offensive core in Carson, but we lost the illusion that we had a great defense."

I would tend to agree with them. Yes, they have a solid defense, some good receivers, and a decent running game, but when you watch them play, the amount of plays that Wentz pulls off is Aaron Rodgers-esque. He makes so many throws and buys time with his feet, I just don’t think Nick Foles can replicate that. 

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

common sentiment among PHI fans right now:

"The season is pretty much dead. We will probably get a bye cause the rest of our games are against bad teams, but we won't do anything in the playoffs. Wentz made this team go, he was the reason this season was special. Without him we are just another team."

If Philly is just another team without Wentz, a first round bye is no sure thing. They probably win against NY, but Oakland and Dallas, might be a toss up.

PHI fans are figuring out what we've figured out:

"The Eagles having HFA is completely meaningless now. Not having Wentz will ruin this team. We still might win out because our schedule is really easy, so it is possible we have HFA locked up by week 17, but we won't beat any legit SB contender in the playoffs with a QB not named Wentz unfortunately.

Basically, yes. The #2 seed will be just as valuable as the #1 if the Eagles manage to land it."

Archived