Stand by Me Standings

vike daddy

3 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Not set in stone. Here's what I fgured out last week:

According to the ESPN Playoff Machine, if we win out, and PHI losses to DAL, they would still be #1 due to record in common games. I can't find any combo of results in other games that changes that, but maybe they have it wrong or I'm missing something

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

According to the ESPN Playoff Machine, if we win out, and PHI losses to DAL, they would still be #1 due to record in common games. I can't find any combo of results in other games that changes that, but maybe they have it wrong or I'm missing something

Yeah, I'm just realizing that. Need to see if they tweak stuff tonight though. Last week it was stuck too during the afternoon games

4 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Philly has tiebreak over minny.

Minny win out, Philly lost out. That's what it takes

Honestly I sort of hope Philly beats the Raiders (and we beat the Packers, obviously) so that Week 17 is meaningless. Let the starters rest, don't risk any injuries, and get Teddy a FULL game of experience. 

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Honestly I sort of hope Philly beats the Raiders (and we beat the Packers, obviously) so that Week 17 is meaningless. Let the starters rest, don't risk any injuries, and get Teddy a FULL game of experience. 

When you have a chance at #1 that still takes priority to seeing backup QB Teddy get game experience.

1 minute ago, Worm Guts said:

It’s kind of weird, I don’t know whether to cheer for or against the Saints the rest of the year. We could theoretically go into the last week of the season with a situation where no one controls their own destiny for a bye.

Assuming Rams hold on....

gDlQBv.png

4 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

It’s kind of weird, I don’t know whether to cheer for or against the Saints the rest of the year. We could theoretically go into the last week of the season with a situation where no one controls their own destiny for a bye.

Need to keep Saints ahead of Panthers, in case we drop one.

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

For week 17 to have any chance of being meaningless, we will also need Carolina to lose to Tampa Bay.

There's something else winning both of the last two games would accomplish.

The Vikings have only won 13+ games in a season one time (and yes, I know that four of the five 12-win seasons were when an NFL season was 14 games long).

Archived