Stand by Me Standings

vike daddy

20 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

No thanks. I'd rather see us, Carolina and Atlanta winning. I'm so sick of seeing Green Bay in the playoffs.

This GB team seems to be dealing with a high number of injuries. Plus how good will Rodgers be right out of the gates. 

The fewer road playoff games the better for the Vikes. If Philly and MN land the top 2 seeds I'll be happy. 

But I don't see the Packers going to Carolina and winning. Even with Rodgers.

The Vikes control their own destiny for a top 2 seed. If MN loses any more games this year, they probably don't deserve a top seed anyway. MN should have no issue with the Bengals and Bears. Packers game is a toss up because it's a divisional road game but another game MN should win. 

Just now, vikingsrule said:

This GB team seems to be dealing with a high number of injuries. Plus how good will Rodgers be right out of the gates. 

The fewer road playoff games the better for the Vikes. If Philly and MN land the top 2 seeds I'll be happy. 

But I don't see the Packers going to Carolina and winning. Even with Rodgers.

The Vikes control their own destiny for a top 2 seed. If MN loses any more games this year, they probably don't deserve a top seed anyway. MN should have no issue with the Bengals and Bears. Packers game is a toss up because it's a divisional road game but another game MN should win. 

we probably should win out. even with Rodgers back I think we can hold them off.

GB beat up on two bottom 5 teams. of course everyone will jump on their bandwagon now, but I don't see them being able to sustain their success.  Their defense was below average even at full health. at this point I don't see them being able to hang with any competent offense. 

meanwhile over in the AFC...

The biggest beneficiary of the Patriots’ loss to the Dolphins on Monday night may turn out to be the Jaguars.

It’s long been assumed that the Steelers and Patriots would own the two AFC first-round byes. The two teams meet on Sunday, with the winner the favorite to earn home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs. But now that the Patriots have fallen to 10-3, they’re just a game ahead of the 9-4 Jaguars. If the Patriots lose to the Steelers they can finish no better than 12-4. If the Jaguars win out, they will also be 12-4. And the Jaguars would win the tiebreaker based on a better conference record.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/12/patriots-loss-opens-the-door-to-the-jaguars-earning-a-bye-week/

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

No thanks. I'd rather see us, Carolina and Atlanta winning. I'm so sick of seeing Green Bay in the playoffs.

With GB winning vs Carolina, there is still no gaureented GB are in the playoffs, but will help us keep #2 seed, even if we went 2-1 in the final games

4 hours ago, disaacs said:

Carolina isn't going to get a bye, because NO holds the division tiebreaker over them and unless they fall apart, they are winning that division.  So, Carolina can go ahead and beat GB.  

If Minny, Carolina & NO all end up with 12-4, that could be interesting with the 3 team tie breaker, which I haven't looked into the potential results yet

27 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

If Minny, Carolina & NO all end up with 12-4, that could be interesting with the 3 team tie breaker, which I haven't looked into the potential results yet

I'm pretty sure New Orleans beats the Panthers for the Division, then we would beat New Orleans for the bye.

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

meanwhile over in the AFC...

The biggest beneficiary of the Patriots’ loss to the Dolphins on Monday night may turn out to be the Jaguars.

It’s long been assumed that the Steelers and Patriots would own the two AFC first-round byes. The two teams meet on Sunday, with the winner the favorite to earn home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs. But now that the Patriots have fallen to 10-3, they’re just a game ahead of the 9-4 Jaguars. If the Patriots lose to the Steelers they can finish no better than 12-4. If the Jaguars win out, they will also be 12-4. And the Jaguars would win the tiebreaker based on a better conference record.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/12/patriots-loss-opens-the-door-to-the-jaguars-earning-a-bye-week/

Jags vs. Patriots.....what is this, 1997?

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

From what I can tell, as long as the Eagles win 1 of their 2 remaining games they will have the #1 seed because they have the tiebreaker over us.

The only way PHI isn't the #1 seed is if we win out and they lose out.

Not set in stone. Here's what I fgured out last week:

So here's how I see it....

If we win out and they lose one game, we get the strength of victory tiebreaker UNLESS the one Eagles loss is to Oakland, in which case they'd win the (higher) tiebreaker of record in conference games.

Archived