Stand by Me Standings

vike daddy

16 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Ok so Ponder this one..

Who do we want to see as the #4 and #5 seeds if we can't get that #1 seed?

Would we rather play one of these teams at home if we to win our first game, or take a chance with Philly on natural grass and an away game?

Which team has the best match-up to knock off Philly?

I think Carolina and Atlanta would have the best chances to win in Philly.  I don't actually believe NO matches up well with Philly and would probably lose to them.  I also think Carolina would beat NO in the 3rd game between them (NO has won the 2 regular season ones), since it's so hard for a team to beat another one 3 times in one season.  So, our best-case scenario is to have it this way:

1: Philly

2: Minnesota

3: LA Rams

4: Carolina

5: New Orleans

6: Atlanta

Rams beat Falcons: Rams at Vikings, Carolina/New Orleans at Philly 

Atlanta beats Rams: Carolina/New Orleans at Vikings, Atlanta at Philly

2 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Sooooo with Zeke back... Rams vs Cowboys... could be interesting.

Really not a fan of our team vs. the Cowboys either...

Dallas' hopes are almost as slim as Green Bay's.

Dallas must win out (home vs. Seattle, at Philadelphia)
Atlanta must lose two out of its final three games (at Tampa Bay, at New Orleans, home vs. Carolina) OR Carolina must lose both of its final two games (home vs. TB, at ATL)
Detroit must lose one of two games (at Cincinnati, home vs. Green Bay)

LEADERS
1. Eagles (12-2): They clinched a bye and can wrap up the top spot by beating the Raiders this week.

2. Vikings (11-3): A division championship is guaranteed and a bye is a win away.

3. Rams (10-4): Sunday’s slaughter of the Seahawks felt like a passing of the torch, but the NFC West hasn’t been clinched yet.

4. Saints (10-4): Beat the Falcons and the division title is theirs to enjoy.

5. Panthers (10-4): They need help from the Falcons before beating the Falcons to move up from Wild Card position.

6. Falcons (9-5): Monday night’s win was a big help to the defending NFC champions as they try to return to the postseason.

OUTSIDE LOOKING IN

7. Lions (8-6): They have the tiebreaker edge on the 8-6 teams, but a loss to the Falcons may make that moot.

8. Seahawks (8-6): A loss to the Cowboys this weekend will end the Seahawks’ run of playoff appearances.

9. Cowboys (8-6): They remained alive long enough for Ezekiel Elliott‘s return, but just winning out isn’t enough for the Cowboys.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/19/nfc-playoff-picture-everybody-wins/

Essentially, the only way the Vikings would have nothing at stake in their final game of the season would be if they won in Green Bay on Saturday, the Panthers lost to the Buccaneers on Sunday and the Eagles beat the Raiders next Monday night.

That scenario would lock the Vikings into the No. 2 seed before Week 17 against the Bears.

http://www.startribune.com/teddy-bridgewater-starting-week-17-could-depend-on-vikings-playoff-seeding/464934493/

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Essentially, the only way the Vikings would have nothing at stake in their final game of the season would be if they won in Green Bay on Saturday, the Panthers lost to the Buccaneers on Sunday and the Eagles beat the Raiders next Monday night.

That scenario would lock the Vikings into the No. 2 seed before Week 17 against the Bears.

http://www.startribune.com/teddy-bridgewater-starting-week-17-could-depend-on-vikings-playoff-seeding/464934493/

I actually think there's a chance that it happens. The Panthers/Bucs game is the biggest question mark, but I think that the Vikings and Eagles probably both win.

13 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I'd rather have something to play for week 17. Seems like pulling starters for one game disrupts timing. The Vikes should get a bye anyway if they take care of business and beat the Packers and Bears.

or they play all the starters for three quarters to keep them tuned up.

Archived