What package WOULD you give up for Watson?

Rgossett07

It’s the great debate the last month and will be for another month. I’ve said it many times on here. I’m with staying the course with Tua. I value draft picks in today’s NFL. Rookie contracts are gold. 

Having said that, Watson is an incredible talent. Here are 3 trades I would be ok with...... but only if Deshaun Watson renegotiated his contract for more years and he takes market value for 2022. Remember, he only has 3 years left on his current deal and will probably want Mahomes type money on 2024.

Offer 1 - Tua, Igbanogane #18 and #36.

Offer 2 - Tua, P. Williams #18 #50 and and #82

Offer 3 - Tua and #3

#3 pick in this draft could be worth 2-3 1sts when it’s all said and done.  All it takes is SF, ATL, CAR, DEN or NO to fall in love with Fields, Lance or Jones and package picks to move up.

In my mind, offer 3 is essentially Three 1sts, which is my least favorite. Tua would be the 2nd QB off the board this year behind Lawrence no doubt.

A lot of you might look at these as a pipe dream, which is totally fine.  This is just my take on what I think Watson is worth giving up for.

Dream scenario is Carolina swapping in 1st and getting their 2022 1st for #3 overall.  

Edited by Rgossett07

2 hours ago, Rgossett07 said:

It’s the great debate the last month and will be for another month. I’ve said it many times on here. I’m with staying the course with Tua. I value draft picks in today’s NFL. Rookie contracts are gold. 

Having said that, Watson is an incredible talent. Here are 3 trades I would be ok with...... but only if Deshaun Watson renegotiated his contract for more years and he takes market value for 2022. Remember, he only has 3 years left on his current deal and will probably want Mahomes type money on 2024.

Offer 1 - Tua, Igbanogane #18 and #36.

Offer 2 - Tua, P. Williams #18 #50 and and #82

Offer 3 - Tua and #3

#3 pick in this draft could be worth 2-3 1sts when it’s all said and done.  All it takes is SF, ATL, CAR, DEN or NO to fall in love with Fields, Lance or Jones and package picks to move up.

In my mind, offer 3 is essentially Three 1sts, which is my least favorite. Tua would be the 2nd QB off the board this year behind Lawrence no doubt.

A lot of you might look at these as a pipe dream, which is totally fine.  This is just my take on what I think Watson is worth giving up for.

Dream scenario is Carolina swapping in 1st and getting their 2022 1st for #3 overall.  

Nothing that I post would be realistically considered by Houston.  I'd do something like Tua, #18 and 2022 2nd.  But I'm the high guy on Tua.  I watched the games this year and I saw the flashes that you want to see.  Arrow is pointing way up on this kid this year.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Nothing that I post would be realistically considered by Houston.  I'd do something like Tua, #18 and 2022 2nd.  But I'm the high guy on Tua.  I watched the games this year and I saw the flashes that you want to see.  Arrow is pointing way up on this kid this year.  

Couldn’t agree more. Unfortunately I think Miami will make an offer.  

16 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Tua

Howard

#18, #50

2022 #1

That's way the hell too much.  I don't even want Watson given the fact that there are "multiple" number ones required to obtain him.  Plus Tua is going to improve.

I'm sick of all this Watson crap.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Deadeye said:

That's way the hell too much.  I don't even want Watson given the fact that there are "multiple" number ones required to obtain him.  Plus Tua is going to improve.

I'm sick of all this Watson crap.

It probably is a little too much. I’d take back #50.

I believe that Tua will be a good NFL QB but Watson is already top tier and it’s highly probable Tua will never be as good as Watson. Howard will inevitably decline soon  and not be worth the money seeks. 

I’m also fine with keeping Tua.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

Only way we make a play for Watson is if Ross can't control himself and makes it happen.  I trust that Greir won't overpay for Watson otherwise.

Never underestimate the stupidity of ownership.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I wish Watson would just be traded to someone else already so we can free ourselves of this chatter.

Yes, please.  But with Houston seemingly unwilling to even listen to trade offers, it looks like we will be subject to this talk until at least the draft.