Waller

BigD1123

lol.. what is this thread?

Imagine having a problem with a top 3 TE because he doesn't "brake tackles"

He had the best 3 game stretch for a TE in NFL history and you guys are concerned with him breaking tackles?

I'd also like to see where you think he should be breaking tackles when most of his catches are contested and he's usually gang tackled because of the attention he gets. In space, he's quick to make a guy miss with a move or stiff arm. 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 5:45 AM, big_palooka said:

lol.. what is this thread?

Imagine having a problem with a top 3 TE because he doesn't "brake tackles"

He had the best 3 game stretch for a TE in NFL history and you guys are concerned with him breaking tackles?

I'd also like to see where you think he should be breaking tackles when most of his catches are contested and he's usually gang tackled because of the attention he gets. In space, he's quick to make a guy miss with a move or stiff arm. 

This is the same fanbase that was legitimately arguing that Foster Moreau is better than him. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

This is the same fanbase that was legitimately arguing that Foster Moreau is better than him. 

I do not know who was arguing that.   would say the only aspect of Moreaus game I like more is his physical approach to the game.  I think most of the argument came from posters making excuses for him not being more physical.  You have to have some tough guys on the team and TE is one of those positions you expect a player to be a tough guy.  Nobody was saying we can do better or we should get rid of him.  Just pointing out a deficiency in his game.  The OP was asking us to discuss how good he could be if he worked on his tackle breaking ability.  

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@NCOUGHMAN explain yourself to @jimkelly02 and @drfrey13

I was in agreement with @NCOUGHMAN but I never saw him say Moreau is better than Waller.  We were just saying you can not play scared and always try to avoid contact.  Defensive players will just start teeing off on you if they feel you are scared or just not willing to hit back.  The OP was right that it is a deficiency in Waller's game but probably the only one.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I was in agreement with @NCOUGHMAN but I never saw him say Moreau is better than Waller.  We were just saying you can not play scared and always try to avoid contact.  Defensive players will just start teeing off on you if they feel you are scared or just not willing to hit back.  The OP was right that it is a deficiency in Waller's game but probably the only one.

Darren-Waller-L.E.-Baskow-Las-Vegas-Revi

I guess every catch has to be followed up with a Beast Mode rumble? 

I see him getting rid of plenty of tackle attempts. What's ideal and what's realistic? Do we expect NFL Blitz style stiff arms that send guys flying off the field? Trucks that make guys do triple backflips? 

Idk...I guess he could try to push a pile more? He doesn't seem to go down on first contact that much. What are we expecting? 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 1:12 PM, NYRaider said:

Darren-Waller-L.E.-Baskow-Las-Vegas-Revi

Deficiency does not mean he never did it.  OP said he would be unstoppable if he developed his lower body strength and balance.  OP did not say he was scared.  Other posters started making excuses about being smart and not taking hits.  We were not directing our comments at any specific player but more a general rule that you can not play that way all the time.  This discussion goes back to Carr running with the football and holding the ball for an extra second to make a completion.  Carr has worked on it but it use to be that Carr would get rid of the ball right away and never let plays develop.

On 3/7/2021 at 11:42 AM, drfrey13 said:

This. All I said was waller was overrated. You can’t say foster is better until he plays a complete season. I will say I think foster is the more complete te right now. Waller is just the ultimate receiving te. 

Foster is solid and honestly, two TE sets with him and Waller should be used to our advantage more. especially in redzone. Witten retiring will help us more than any WR we sign or draft most likely 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...