Rich7sena's Mock Offseason

Rich7sena

Cut

• Trent Brown - $14 million savings: The depth at tackle in the draft makes me feel safe about letting go of Brown.
  • Tyrell Williams -$11.6 million savings: Already gone.
  • LaMarcus Joyner - $8.7 million savings: Already gone.
  • Richie Incognito - $5,475,000 savings: Don’t trust him to come back at the same level he was playing two seasons ago.

Trade

• Marcus Mariota traded for Akiem Hicks - +$1,275,000: Bears get their presumptive starter and the Raiders get their big presence in the middle of the defense.

Re-sign

• Denzelle Good - 3 years $2.5 million per year: Do-it-all offensive lineman to should start at right or left guard.
  • Takkarist McKinley - 1 year $1.5 million per year: Cheap situational pass-rush option. He has flashed in his career, and I liked him as a prospect.

Extend

• Derek Carr - 3-year extension: Should save some money in the short term and settle the controversy for the next five seasons.
  • Gabe Jackson - 1-year extension: Restructure his contract to spread the money out over an additional year.
  • Akiem Hicks - 2-year extension: Hicks will be 32 by midseason 2022. Guarantee his salary over the next two years to spread the damage and make the last year a keep or cut.

Free Agency

• Marcus Williams - 4 years $12 million per year: Raiders finally get their deep safety.
  • JuJu Smith-Schuster - 3 years $10 million per year: Coming off a down year, but still just as productive as Agholor was. He can do a lot, and Carr has historically done well with his player profile.
  • Larry Ogunjobi - 3 years $8 million per year: Adding Ogunjobi alongside Hicks will really transform the complexion of the Raiders’ front. He can play 3T and NT interchangeably with Hicks.
  • Jarrad Davis - 1 year $4 million per year: The Raiders just missed drafting him. He’ll get a shot to compete with Littleton and otherwise adds depth to every linebacker position
  • Tevin Coleman - 1 year $2.5 million: Adds an explosive element to the Raiders run game. Basically a home-run or bust type player.
  • Kyle Fuller - 1 year $750,000: Developmental center behind Hudson.

Draft

• Christian Darrisaw, RT, Virginia Tech: With Brown cut, Darrisaw anchors the right side.
  • Quincy Roche, Edge, Miami: I really like Roche as a speed rush prospect. He has also shown the ability to win inside on stunts.
  • Tyree Gillespie: The safety class is pretty deep so I expect some quality players to make it the third round. Gillespie stood out to me as a quality mixed use safety who would provide quality depth early in his career.
  • Keith Taylor Jr. CB, Washington: I liked what I saw at the Senior Bowl.
  • Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M: For one reason or another, people seem to not believe in Mond. For me, he’s a better prospect than both Mac Jones and Kyle Trask.
  • Dez Fitzpatrick, WR, Louisville: Another guy who stood out to me at the Senior Bowl.
  • Tre’ McKitty, TE, Georgia: Seemingly a special athlete at the position who can play fullback in a pinch.

Roster

Offense

QB: Derek Carr, Nate Peterman, Kellen Mond

RB: Josh Jacobs, Tevin Coleman, Jalen Richard

FB: Alec Ingold

X: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Byan Edwards, Henry Ruggs, Dez Fitzpatrick

Z: Henry Ruggs, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Bryan Edwards, Dez Fitzpatrick

Y: Hunter Renfrow, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Henry Ruggs

TE: Dallen Waller, Foster Moreau, Tre’ McKitty

LT: Kolton Miller, Brandon Parker

LG: Gabe Jackson, John Simpson

😄 Rodney Hudson, Kyle Fuller

RG: Denzelle Good, John Simpson

LT: Christian Darrisaw, Denzelle Good

Defense

SDE: Clelin Ferrell, Carl Nassib

DT: Larry Ogunjobi, Maurice Hurst, David Irving

NT: Akiem Hicks, Larry Ogunjobi

WDE: Maxx Crosby, Quincy Roche, Takkarist McKinley

SLB: Jonathan Abram, Jeff Health, Tanner Muse

MLB: Nick Kwiatkowski, Jarrad Davis

WLB: Cory Littleton, Jarrad Davis

RCB: Isaiah Johnson, Damon Arnette, Keisean Nixon, Keith Taylor Jr.

LCB: Travon Mullen, Damon Arnette, Keisean Nixon, Keith Taylor Jr.

NB: Damon Arnette, Amik Roberston

SS: Jeff Health, Tyree Gillespie

FS: Marcus Williams, Tyree Gillespie

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 1

For me that's perfection right up to the Draft. Love the Tackle, especially with how FA played out. Also gives some flexibility with Miller's contract IMO. Sign now or get 5th year option and replaced by CD. A pass rusher is a need as is Saftey but don't know those two but will look up now. So much depth at S...

Good effort with some real new ideas!

I don't think the Bears would do a trade like that, however I would really like it. Without Hicks their D was struggling.

JuJu will be more expensive IMO, 16M range.

Davis is a really bad 2 down LB, not a fit for us IMO. Maybe as a run down SLB. Would definately not pay him that money.

Abram is not a fit at SLB in this scheme. The is best suited for the SS role.

Would definately like the Williams, Ogunjoby pick ups and could live with this draft.

5 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Abram at LB? You need to explain that one.

Bradley's defense in Las Angeles walked up a safety on the tight end which was effectively the SLB role. Unlike what has been talked about before, Bradley has not used a rush SLB in the past few seasons. Though, I do anticipate Abram blitzing a lot more than he did under Guenther, who used him more as a deep player.

Also, in Abram's draft, I graded him as a linebacker and believe that is his best position.

2 hours ago, Totty said:

Not a fan of anything that puts heath on the field full time.  

Heath would not be on the field full time. You might notice there are 12 defensive positions. Most lineups would put Abram (SLB) and Arnette (NB) on the field.

51 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Good effort with some real new ideas!

I don't think the Bears would do a trade like that, however I would really like it. Without Hicks their D was struggling.

JuJu will be more expensive IMO, 16M range.

Davis is a really bad 2 down LB, not a fit for us IMO. Maybe as a run down SLB. Would definately not pay him that money.

Abram is not a fit at SLB in this scheme. The is best suited for the SS role.

Would definately like the Williams, Ogunjoby pick ups and could live with this draft.

The Bears need both a quarterback and to clear some cap room. A 1 for 1 deal for Mariota kills two birds with one stone.

JuJu has only eclipsed 1000 yards in his career once. In his last two seasons, he has failed to eclipse 900 and 600 yards, respectively. He does not have the leverage to get $16 a year. Maybe it's a one year deal instead of 3, but he definitely isn't getting WR1 money.

Davis is a quality depth play. I will be honest, I have not watched Davis much over the past two seasons, but I think a change of scenery might help his struggles. Linebacker is still an issue for the Raiders despite investing into the position last offseason.

Like I said above, Bradley has routinely walked a safety body up into the SLB in his defense--more so than a rush linebacker.

5 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Bradley's defense in Las Angeles walked up a safety on the tight end which was effectively the SLB role. Unlike what has been talked about before, Bradley has not used a rush SLB in the past few seasons. Though, I do anticipate Abram blitzing a lot more than he did under Guenther, who used him more as a deep player.

Thanks, i thought that was your reasoning but wanted confirmation. Did he use James in that role? Which player did he use for that when James was out?

Just now, oakdb36 said:

Thanks, i thought that was your reasoning but wanted confirmation. Did he use James in that role? Which player did he use for that when James was out?

Yes. I watched a ton of James during his first two seasons. James basically played edge the majority of his time on the field. Apparently Jamal Adams also played the same role for the Seahawks. When James was out this season, Rayshawn Jenkins--who, and you might see a theme start to arise, I also liked at linebacker--played up at the line a lot more. However, Jenkins rotated a lot more to playing a traditional over-the-top safety role.

I also graded James as a linebacker. 

2 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Yes. I watched a ton of James during his first two seasons. James basically played edge the majority of his time on the field. Apparently Jamal Adams also played the same role for the Seahawks. When James was out this season, Rayshawn Jenkins--who, and you might see a theme start to arise, I also liked at linebacker--played up at the line a lot more. However, Jenkins rotated a lot more to playing a traditional over-the-top safety role.

I also graded James as a linebacker. 

Ok, makes sense then. So the base would be more of a big nickel.