Rich7sena's Mock Offseason

Rich7sena

Instead of Akeem Hicks, I can't see them willing to let him come to us.  I think Mariota goes to Washington for one of there DTs.  They will all need to be paid soon so I think they'll let one of them walk early to get the QB. 

Think Good and Takk would want a touch more money. 

Adam Butler in FA over Larry who's been a touch overrated for me. 

Don't think we need another C when we already have one good young one in James. 

Would like a tackle in FA though, a better version of Sam Young, prove it deal for a player to help cover with Good for the new drafted Tackle. CAmeron Erving maybe. 

Really not a fan of the draft. 

Azeez Ojulari  in the 1st.  Edge/offball

Daviyon Nixion in the 2nd. DT

James Hudson in the 3rd. RT

Deonte Brown in the 4th. Guard

Jonathan Cooper in the 5th (Raiders liked him at the senior bowl) Edge

Tamorrion Terry in the 7th. WR

20 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

My guess is 10 to 12 but on a short contract for JJSS.

Does he take the cheaper deal for the Raiders market (mignt help his off field interests) and no state tax to add to not only his NFL money but also his off field income. Could be back logged too. 

I'm not massive on him but could be the type of player Carr loves. Bigger slot with hands.  Thats going to be under the radar with Waller and Ruggs scaring defenses. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

Does he take the cheaper deal for the Raiders market (mignt help his off field interests) and no state tax to add to not only his NFL money but also his off field income. Could be back logged too. 

I'm not massive on him but could be the type of player Carr loves. Bigger slot with hands.  Thats going to be under the radar with Waller and Ruggs scaring defenses. 

Juju could do well under gruden but i'm not sure if it's the right move in terms of cap $ allocation. 

22 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

Instead of Akeem Hicks, I can't see them willing to let him come to us.  I think Mariota goes to Washington for one of there DTs.  They will all need to be paid soon so I think they'll let one of them walk early to get the QB. 

Think Good and Takk would want a touch more money. 

Adam Butler in FA over Larry who's been a touch overrated for me. 

Don't think we need another C when we already have one good young one in James. 

Would like a tackle in FA though, a better version of Sam Young, prove it deal for a player to help cover with Good for the new drafted Tackle. CAmeron Erving maybe. 

Really not a fan of the draft. 

Azeez Ojulari  in the 1st.  Edge/offball

Daviyon Nixion in the 2nd. DT

James Hudson in the 3rd. RT

Deonte Brown in the 4th. Guard

Jonathan Cooper in the 5th (Raiders liked him at the senior bowl) Edge

Tamorrion Terry in the 7th. WR

Like that draft, I'm thinking this nos:

Azeez ED

Nixon DT

Cleveland RG

Walker RT

@Rich7senaGood job as doing things like this take a lot of time and effort.  I will give some of the players I would target instead of the ones you've mentioned.  

First I have read rumors of Wash. being interested in Maroita.  If that is true and we can pry Allen DT from them I would be all for it but I doubt that happens.  I am assuming we can get a 3rd for MM.  I like all of the cuts you've made but I would be interested in keeping Incognio if the price is right.  He was playing at a pro bowl level before the injury and he appears to be in great shape for his age.  I'm hoping the front office can free up about 50 million in cap space, they may have to work miracles but I sure hope it can happen.  

Here are the FA's I would target:

Marcus Williams FS 12 per for 4 years

Juju WR 12 per for 3 years 

Carl Lawson DE 9 per for 3 years

Sheldon Rankins DT 8 per for 2 years

Jarrad Davis LB 4 per for 1 year

Solomon Thomas DT 1.5 for 1 year

Tevin Coleman HB 1.5 for 1 year

Kyle Fuller OL 750K for 1 year

Draft:

1. Jaycee Horn CB

2. Davion Nixon DT

3A. Javonte Williams HB

3B. Andre Cisco S

4. Tyler Shelvin DT

QB: Derek Carr, Nate Peterman

RB: Josh Jacobs, Javonte Williams, Tevan Coleman

FB: Alec Ingold

X: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Byan Edwards, Henry Ruggs

Z: Henry Ruggs, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Bryan Edwards

Y: Hunter Renfrow, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Henry Ruggs

TE: Dallen Waller, Foster Moreau

LT: Kolton Miller, Brandon Parker

LG: Richie Incognito, John Simpson

C Rodney Hudson, Kyle Fuller

RG: Gabe Jackson, John Simpson

RT: Denzelle Good, Brandon Parker 

Defense

SDE: Clelin Ferrell, Maxx Crosby, Carl Nassib

DT: Sheldon Rankins, Davion Nixon, Solomon Thomas, David Irving

NT: Tyler Shelvin, Maurice Hurst

WDE: Carl Lawson, Maxx Crosby, Takkarist McKinley

SLB: Jonathan Abram, Tanner Muse

MLB: Nick Kwiatkowski, Jarrad Davis

WLB: Cory Littleton, Jarrad Davis

RCB: Jaycee Horn, Isaiah Johnson, Damon Arnette, Keisean Nixon, 

LCB: Travon Mullen, Damon Arnette, Keisean Nixon, 

NB: Damon Arnette, Amik Roberston

SS: Andre Cisco, Jeff Health

FS: Marcus Williams, Andre Cisco

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

I like the effort. Do you expect that RT to have all pro potential? ask yourself this, what are the most important positions on offense? QB, WR1, LT, TE, G (for inside run game)MAYBE RT at 5? okay so how would you  view important positions on defense? Edge, UT, CB1, MLB, FS? You could argue were have huge needs at 3 of the 5 on defense and you want to spend another 1st on offense? IDK I'm just tired of seeing a lack of talent on defense and bad defense play for 2 decades. same ole song, plus there should be a good UT and edge players on the board at the first. I would love that trade  but I doubt we can pull it off. I do think we hold on to MM until the draft, teams might get desperate if they can't land a top 5 QBs in the draft, and there's only a few decent options in free agency. Juju wouldn't be my first option but I wouldn't be mad at signing him. I like everything else about your mock offseason 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

@Rich7senaGood job as doing things like this take a lot of time and effort.  I will give some of the players I would target instead of the ones you've mentioned.  

First I have read rumors of Wash. being interested in Maroita.  If that is true and we can pry Allen DT from them I would be all for it but I doubt that happens.  I am assuming we can get a 3rd for MM.  I like all of the cuts you've made but I would be interested in keeping Incognio if the price is right.  He was playing at a pro bowl level before the injury and he appears to be in great shape for his age.  I'm hoping the front office can free up about 50 million in cap space, they may have to work miracles but I sure hope it can happen.  

Here are the FA's I would target:

Marcus Williams FS 12 per for 4 years

Juju WR 12 per for 3 years 

Carl Lawson DE 9 per for 3 years

Sheldon Rankins DT 8 per for 2 years

Jarrad Davis LB 4 per for 1 year

Solomon Thomas DT 1.5 for 1 year

Tevin Coleman HB 1.5 for 1 year

Kyle Fuller OL 750K for 1 year

Draft:

1. Jaycee Horn CB

2. Davion Nixon DT

3A. Javonte Williams HB

3B. Andre Cisco S

4. Tyler Shelvin DT

QB: Derek Carr, Nate Peterman

RB: Josh Jacobs, Javonte Williams, Tevan Coleman

FB: Alec Ingold

X: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Byan Edwards, Henry Ruggs

Z: Henry Ruggs, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Bryan Edwards

Y: Hunter Renfrow, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Henry Ruggs

TE: Dallen Waller, Foster Moreau

LT: Kolton Miller, Brandon Parker

LG: Richie Incognito, John Simpson

C Rodney Hudson, Kyle Fuller

RG: Gabe Jackson, John Simpson

RT: Denzelle Good, Brandon Parker 

Defense

SDE: Clelin Ferrell, Maxx Crosby, Carl Nassib

DT: Sheldon Rankins, Davion Nixon, Solomon Thomas, David Irving

NT: Tyler Shelvin, Maurice Hurst

WDE: Carl Lawson, Maxx Crosby, Takkarist McKinley

SLB: Jonathan Abram, Tanner Muse

MLB: Nick Kwiatkowski, Jarrad Davis

WLB: Cory Littleton, Jarrad Davis

RCB: Jaycee Horn, Isaiah Johnson, Damon Arnette, Keisean Nixon, 

LCB: Travon Mullen, Damon Arnette, Keisean Nixon, 

NB: Damon Arnette, Amik Roberston

SS: Andre Cisco, Jeff Health

FS: Marcus Williams, Andre Cisco

that's a home run. 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

that Arnette pick pisses me off, would much rather have Horn and used that pick somewhere else. 

I agree, I was shocked when we made it and from what I saw last year he was not a 1st round talent. I think he is best suited as a NB, it’s a shame we spent a top 20 pick on a NB but it is what it is. Horn can be a lockdown #1 and if he checks out we should not pass over him because of Arnette and his draft status. 

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I like the effort. Do you expect that RT to have all pro potential? ask yourself this, what are the most important positions on offense? QB, WR1, LT, TE, G (for inside run game)MAYBE RT at 5? okay so how would you  view important positions on defense? Edge, UT, CB1, MLB, FS? You could argue were have huge needs at 3 of the 5 on defense and you want to spend another 1st on offense? IDK I'm just tired of seeing a lack of talent on defense and bad defense play for 2 decades. same ole song, plus there should be a good UT and edge players on the board at the first. I would love that trade  but I doubt we can pull it off. I do think we hold on to MM until the draft, teams might get desperate if they can't land a top 5 QBs in the draft, and there's only a few decent options in free agency. Juju wouldn't be my first option but I wouldn't be mad at signing him. I like everything else about your mock offseason 

Darrisaw, or any tackle at 17, doesn't need to be an All-Pro in order for the pick to be worth it. I consider RT to be the third most important position on offense outside of QB--and definitely ahead of TE and G. I don't think an defensive player available at 17 will have a bigger impact on winning than a RT at 17. I would probably take Paye or Rousseau over certain tackles at 17, but probably not over Darrisaw. Farley vs. Darrisaw would be closer, but not Surtain (no pun intended). I would take Darrisaw over any linebacker available at 17.

Also, I am basing this mock offseason on a 32-team mock offseason/3 round draft I have on the draft page. At 17, Paye, Rousseau, Farley, Surtain, Parsons, and JOK are all gone.