Jump to content

Which QB Will We Draft Poll


Which QB Will We Draft Poll?  

23 members have voted

  1. 1. Which QB will Jets Draft at 2?

    • Wilson
      20
    • Fields
      0
    • Jones
      0
    • Lance
      2
    • Other
      1


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, xenajets said:

So who would you take at #2 then? 

Trade down and Chase or smith.if no trade down is available then it's Sewell at 2 and hope Waddle is still around at 23.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Trade down and Chase or smith.if no trade down is available then it's Sewell at 2 and hope Waddle is still around at 23.

So you’d forgo a franchise qb to take a RT?! I just don’t see the value tbh. Different if we didn’t take Becton last year. 
 

Man I’d die for Waddle at 23. Would bring so much explosiveness to this offense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, xenajets said:

So you’d forgo a franchise qb to take a RT?! I just don’t see the value tbh. Different if we didn’t take Becton last year. 
 

Man I’d die for Waddle at 23. Would bring so much explosiveness to this offense. 

I don't think any of these QB's are franchise QB except T Law. So I agree with him. I do think JD does take a QB at 2 and that QB will fail. I think Sam has just a good a chance to be the franchise guy as Fields or Wilson. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't think any of these QB's are franchise QB except T Law. So I agree with him. I do think JD does take a QB at 2 and that QB will fail. I think Sam has just a good a chance to be the franchise guy as Fields or Wilson. 

I disagree. I think both Fields and Wilson will be franchise qbs as long as those teams don’t completely screw then over. 
 

Sam certainly could turn into the guy if surrounded by talent but there’s no point in not resetting the rookie clock and have four years of our qb on buttons to build the roster up. Paying Sam $20m+ next year is a big no-no for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I disagree. I think both Fields and Wilson will be franchise qbs as long as those teams don’t completely screw then over. 
 

Sam certainly could turn into the guy if surrounded by talent but there’s no point in not resetting the rookie clock and have four years of our qb on buttons to build the roster up. Paying Sam $20m+ next year is a big no-no for me. 

You can have Sam play it out and then sign him to maybe 15 mill depending on what he wants and how well he plays. He could sign a 2 year deal and try to hit that big contract then. Remeber he is very young and a two year deal would not be bad for both sides. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xenajets said:

So you’d forgo a franchise qb to take a RT?! I just don’t see the value tbh. Different if we didn’t take Becton last year. 
 

Man I’d die for Waddle at 23. Would bring so much explosiveness to this offense. 

I don't consider Wilson or Fields to be anymore of a chance to be a franchise qb than Sam or whomever would be available next year if Sam sucks.

Our most successful teams were teams with dominant offensive lines and we've seen what can happen to even a great offense like kc if they have bad tackles. Give me a stud o line and weapons for a qb to use instead of putting a rookie qb behind a suspect oline with a weak supporting cast any day.

And as jetfuel mentioned. Sam isn't getting franchises. He knows that and we do. Where ever he goes he or if he stays he is going to be getting a bridge deal of 2-3 years at 10-15 per to prove himself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

You can have Sam play it out and then sign him to maybe 15 mill depending on what he wants and how well he plays. He could sign a 2 year deal and try to hit that big contract then. Remeber he is very young and a two year deal would not be bad for both sides. 

It is certainly one possibility. My concern is that if Sam only plays himself into a $15M contract, it means he is still not very good. Sam has the physical tools, it is the mental tools he lacks. That can often take longer to correct. Had he been developed correctly, he could very well be a good QB. I just don’t want to waste anymore time and money waiting for him to show something. It could be that after three years he is what he is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am trying my hardest to get excited about Wilson. And I don’t know why... but he just isn’t someone I love. As I’ve repeatedly said. I won’t be disappointed if we draft him. I just think Fields is still better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I am trying my hardest to get excited about Wilson. And I don’t know why... but he just isn’t someone I love. As I’ve repeatedly said. I won’t be disappointed if we draft him. I just think Fields is still better.

As I said, I would be happy with either. I just like the tantalizing ability of Wilson a little more.  To be honest, I am trying not to get onto the media driven hype train.  At the end of the college season it was Lawrence, Fields then Wilson. Now, even with no combine or pro days, it’s Lawrence, Wilson and maybe Fields. What happened? Nothing. Now you even have some claiming Wilson, Lawrence, other, then Fields.  It’s all media driven propaganda. JD will not fall into that trap nor do I expect most GM’s to fall into it. Every year it seems that a surprise FRP was made that would not be surprising had the draft happened right after the SB. In my mind, Fields is most definitely in play at two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xrade said:

As I said, I would be happy with either. I just like the tantalizing ability of Wilson a little more.  To be honest, I am trying not to get onto the media driven hype train.  At the end of the college season it was Lawrence, Fields then Wilson. Now, even with no combine or pro days, it’s Lawrence, Wilson and maybe Fields. What happened? Nothing. Now you even have some claiming Wilson, Lawrence, other, then Fields.  It’s all media driven propaganda. JD will not fall into that trap nor do I expect most GM’s to fall into it. Every year it seems that a surprise FRP was made that would not be surprising had the draft happened right after the SB. In my mind, Fields is most definitely in play at two.

He should be. He did 0 to hurt his draft stock. And I can’t see him not looking great at a pro day. With his athleticism and arm. As I said... what he did at OSU for 2 years is vastly more impressive than what Wilson did at BYU in 3 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Already the hype has started about Wilson. I know this was going to happen. Talk radio down here in Orlando reported yesterday that Jacksonville, brought in Wilson for three interviews, I can understand one but not three. They also said the Chicago Bears are hot for Watson, and are willing to give the store away to get him. We got 6 or 7 weeks till draft time and the crazy talk has started already. This week I posted how how i  not optimistic about getting a WR in the FA market because of our QB, situation one of the people on this board wrote me back and said that most of the top WR in the FA market will probably resign with their current team, And you know what  he is probably right, why would any team let a top WR go in todays NFL. Tier one WR are no longer a dime a dozen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya this hype on Wilson is getting out of hand IMO

Just think if did not have a QB issue, what we could get for our second overall pick in the draft I think we would talking a KINGS Ransom. I think we have a real chance of getting a first tier O lineman in the FA market, I am not so sure about a tier one WR. but you never know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

why would any team let a top WR go in todays NFL. Tier one WR are no longer a dime a dozen.

Cap space is one reason. Both Chicago and Detroit are $7M OVER the cap and if Chicago is going to make an all out play for Watson that is a lot of cap space they need to create. Tagging a WR will cost almost $17M and since both Robinson and Gollady will want more than $17M, both teams would now be closer to $25M over. The only reason they would tag either is to trade them. It would be a gamble because if no one wants to trade for them, they will lose the player in July. That would look bad for the team. If they don’t sign the tag, the teams will be in even worse cap trouble.

For Chicago, Robinson is not happy there, as he has indicated.  I doubt he would make himself a Jamal sized headache, but why keep a player not under contract who does not want to be there?

I do think Godwin will remain on the Bucs. They have the $ and are the current SB champs.  Why would he want to leave?  TB does have some other big names to take care of like Barrett but J think both will remain so they can make another run. When Brady leaves in a year or two, they will have a total rebuild.

And Tier 1 WR’s were never a dime a dozen. WR has always been one of the more expensive positions for the really good ones. 

Edited by xrade
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...