Which QB Will We Draft Poll?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB will Jets Draft at 2?

• Wilson
    • Fields
    • Jones
    • Lance
    • Other

I think we will draft Wilson. I have Wilson and Fields at a lock so would love to have either of them. I look at the media and when guys who JD knows and has worked with have us selecting Wilson in their mock drafts you have to feel they know what he wants in a qb.  

30 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I think we will draft Wilson. I have Wilson and Fields at a lock so would love to have either of them. I look at the media and when guys who JD knows and has worked with have us selecting Wilson in their mock drafts you have to feel they know what he wants in a qb.  

Yeah, same here with either QB. But there is just too much smoke surrounding Wilson. I am quite curious if Fields is even the next QB off the board. 

I think it is pretty much a done deal that Wilson will be the QB. I have seen guys like Chris Simms, who does very well at picking what guys will do well n the NFL, have Wilson above T Law. A lot of scouts love Wilson ability to run throw and make fast decisons. I for one think a trade down is best bit the Jets will take Wilson and this will start the clock for Saleh and JD. If we are not in the playoffs in 2-3 years they both will be fired. 

I went with Lance, but it could be other. I just think it makes way too much sense to trade down and stock up on more picks. Plus, we may not get what we want for Darnold and wind up keeping him (or trading him in a Watson or Wilson deal).

Still lots of ping-pong balls up in the air.

Nobody is picking Lance or Jones second overall. Heck, Fields at No. 2 might be a stretch now as well. The momentum of the draft pick is important, and right now it seems like there is a growing consensus about Wilson at No. 2. 

The question then becomes: will we draft him or trade down and let someone else draft him. I hope for the latter.

I’d be very upset if they drafted anyone but fields or Wilson.  Lance isn’t ready next year, I don’t trust his level of play and missing a year.  Jones, I don’t think, will be anything more then a Jared Stidham, AJ McCarron level talent in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we draft Wilson. I think we should draft Fields.

Fair enough. I honestly will be on board with whatever we decide. If our coaching staff and scouts like one guy more than the other or feel one guy is a better or a better fit I will be more than fine with it. I like both. I have favored Wilson but I would be more than happy with either. 

I like Fields but the scouting community is starting to speak pretty loudly...Wilson is being viewed consistently as the best of the non Lawrence QBs.

I think we will draft Wilson. I also expect us to trade Darnold to either Carolina, Washington or SF in the next 2 or 3 weeks for the equivalent value of a late 2nd.

Ill be pumped because at least I know we’ve done our due diligence.

Edited by SDotNova

4 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Fair enough. I honestly will be on board with whatever we decide. If our coaching staff and scouts like one guy more than the other or feel one guy is a better or a better fit I will be more than fine with it. I like both. I have favored Wilson but I would be more than happy with either. 

I’ve been pretty vocal that I think sticking with Darnold is what’s best for the team as a whole.

But I’ve also said that I certainly won’t be upset at all if we draft Wilson or Fields at 2. I like them Both. I do think Fields is safer. And we aren’t in a position if you ask me to take a risk.

I do think drafting a QB is pointless though if we don’t heavily invest in talent around that guy. And I do question that a TON.

I just kinda find this whole topic hilarious and a perfect example of why we should not draft a QB this year. Everyone always loves the shiny new thing and will talk themselvse into it. Prior to this past season it was Lawrence or bust. Then once we won a game suddenly it was "Fields is almost as good as Lawrence. Dude would be the first pick in any other draft post Luck. Fields is generational" Now suddenly Wilson(out of virtually nowhere) is a lock for second best QB and some are saying Fields could fall to the Pats at 15.

There are shiny new QBs full of hype machine bs every year. Use the second overall pick to build a real team some fancy pants hyped qb prospect next year can come in and have a chance to be a competent qb instead of having to learn a brand new offense from a rookie head coach with a poor offensive line. Rookie hc/QB combos don't work. Let the coach get the team on board and get the kinks out before exposing the rookie qb to such a sharp learning curve.

And he'll, as an added benefit Darnold, with a better cast may even live up to his original draft hype of "best qb prospect since luck" if not it means we sucked anyway and should be picking relatively high, plus have the ammo to move up if we need to.

7 hours ago, drew39k said:

I just kinda find this whole topic hilarious and a perfect example of why we should not draft a QB this year. Everyone always loves the shiny new thing and will talk themselvse into it. Prior to this past season it was Lawrence or bust. Then once we won a game suddenly it was "Fields is almost as good as Lawrence. Dude would be the first pick in any other draft post Luck. Fields is generational" Now suddenly Wilson(out of virtually nowhere) is a lock for second best QB and some are saying Fields could fall to the Pats at 15.

There are shiny new QBs full of hype machine bs every year. Use the second overall pick to build a real team some fancy pants hyped qb prospect next year can come in and have a chance to be a competent qb instead of having to learn a brand new offense from a rookie head coach with a poor offensive line. Rookie hc/QB combos don't work. Let the coach get the team on board and get the kinks out before exposing the rookie qb to such a sharp learning curve.

And he'll, as an added benefit Darnold, with a better cast may even live up to his original draft hype of "best qb prospect since luck" if not it means we sucked anyway and should be picking relatively high, plus have the ammo to move up if we need to.

Grass is greener where you water it. Not on the other side

7 hours ago, drew39k said:

So who would you take at #2 then?