Jets Picks at 23 and 34

xrade

What position do we select at 23 and 34?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Position group at pick 23

• WR
    • IOL
    • DE
    • EDGE
    • CB
    • RB
    • OT
    • TE
    • ILB
    • OLB
  2. 2. What position group do we select at 34?

• WR
    • IOL
    • RB
    • DE
    • EDGE
    • CB
    • TE
    • OT
    • ILB
    • OLB

Guys at 23 I’d love: JOK, Toney, Azeez, Bateman, AVT, Mayfield, Teven Jenkins

34: Pat Freiermuth, Wyatt Davis, Ronnie Perkins, Amon-Ra St.Brown, Rondale Moore , Landon Dickerson, Nick Bolton, Tyson Campbell, 

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Guys at 23 I’d love: JOK, Toney, Azeez, Bateman, AVT, Mayfield, Teven Jenkins

34: Pat Freiermuth, Wyatt Davis, Ronnie Perkins, Amon-Ra St.Brown, Rondale Moore , Landon Dickerson, Nick Bolton, Tyson Campbell, 

Owasu’s size scares the crap out me at OLB. St.Brown could be had later in round 2 so I would not mind a trade down if he was the target. I would rather get a FA TE this year. We can get a Pat F. in the future. Moore may slip to round 3. I think his size will limit him to the slot. Dickerson as well but I think he will outplay his draft pick slot. He is worthy of 34 but I may gamble with him a bit and hope he is there in round 3 or, again, trade down in round 2. Davis had a meh year. There are other iOL I would rather have at 34.

In all, any of your mentioned players will help this team. It really depends on whether or not JD is a gambler or plays it real safe. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Owasu’s size scares the crap out me at OLB. St.Brown could be had later in round 2 so I would not mind a trade down if he was the target. I would rather get a FA TE this year. We can get a Pat F. in the future. Moore may slip to round 3. I think his size will limit him to the slot. Dickerson as well but I think he will outplay his draft pick slot. He is worthy of 34 but I may gamble with him a bit and hope he is there in round 3 or, again, trade down in round 2. Davis had a meh year. There are other iOL I would rather have at 34.

In all, any of your mentioned players will help this team. It really depends on whether or not JD is a gambler or plays it real safe. 

Why? OLB in a 4-3 aren’t huge guys plus the league is moving away from bug lumbering LBs and more towards these type of Athletic type of guys. He Reminds me a lot of Shaq Thompson personally 

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Why? OLB in a 4-3 aren’t huge guys plus the league is moving away from bug lumbering LBs and more towards these type of Athletic type of guys. He Reminds me a lot of Shaq Thompson personally 

A 216# OLB?  You don’t think hr is a tad light in the ***? 

Just now, xrade said:

A 216# OLB?  You don’t think hr is a tad light in the ***? 

He’ll get bigger, I’m not worried about weight too much, and Pro-Weight and Conditioning team can get that number up easy.

Everything is depends on what J.D. does or doesn't do in F.A.

Soooooo, If J.D. makes the OL a priority in F.A. then there is no need to draft an OL in round 1.

He could then draft a WR with the 23rd pick in the draft, again if he doesn't address the need in F.A.

So it cold be OL/WR in the first round.

I agree we need pass rush help, we've needed it for a decade. 

So outside of OL, WR, the Jets have a desperate need for CB's and OLB's,

and they will be in a position at 23 to address one of those needs.

If they draft a CB at 23, then the next top need would be TE.

They could land a top player here or wait until the third round.

My guess is if one of the higher OLB are available the Jets draft OLB in the second round,

then T.E. in round 3.

2 hours ago, Big T said:

Everything is depends on what J.D. does or doesn't do in F.A.

Soooooo, If J.D. makes the OL a priority in F.A. then there is no need to draft an OL in round 1.

He could then draft a WR with the 23rd pick in the draft, again if he doesn't address the need in F.A.

So it cold be OL/WR in the first round.

I agree we need pass rush help, we've needed it for a decade. 

So outside of OL, WR, the Jets have a desperate need for CB's and OLB's,

and they will be in a position at 23 to address one of those needs.

If they draft a CB at 23, then the next top need would be TE.

They could land a top player here or wait until the third round.

My guess is if one of the higher OLB are available the Jets draft OLB in the second round,

then T.E. in round 3.

Hence the reason for me stating to take FA into account in my initial post. 

After our 3 FA signings, I think we can say within reason that ER and WR will not be a pressing issue in the later 1st round. I could easily see the Jets taking the BPA/CB/OL, and in the second round OLB especially if Collins is there.

But I could not discount a RB if the value were there, but personally I think a RB would be a 4th round pick for me. So to put it into perspective OL/CB in round 1, OL/CB in round 2 except if Collins is there, then OLB.

But if Harris is on the board in the second round or Etienne then that would change the dynamic. 

26 minutes ago, Big T said:

After our 3 FA signings, I think we can say within reason that ER and WR will not be a pressing issue in the later 1st round. I could easily see the Jets taking the BPA/CB/OL, and in the second round OLB especially if Collins is there.

But I could not discount a RB if the value were there, but personally I think a RB would be a 4th round pick for me. So to put it into perspective OL/CB in round 1, OL/CB in round 2 except if Collins is there, then OLB.

But if Harris is on the board in the second round or Etienne then that would change the dynamic. 

If you take a RB in the fourth round we will end up with the same garbage we have had for years. A top RB is a huge part of the offensive. And right now we have nothing & and if there is still still on the board when we pick at 23 or 34 must must draft one.

I want Sewell at the top. Instantly gives us a strong oline. The we can use 23 and 34 to get a two of DB,TE, RB.

I'd still like a wr a little later, but  I think Mims, Crowder and Davis are good. If we bring back Perriman to go along with Smith(already resigned) I think that gives us a good wr core that could even survive an injury.

Sewell is the key to the whole thing. He will help us establish a running game and help give our qb a chance to drop back and read the d without immediately having to run for his life.

8 hours ago, drew39k said:

I want Sewell at the top. Instantly gives us a strong oline. The we can use 23 and 34 to get a two of DB,TE, RB.

I'd still like a wr a little later, but  I think Mims, Crowder and Davis are good. If we bring back Perriman to go along with Smith(already resigned) I think that gives us a good wr core that could even survive an injury.

Sewell is the key to the whole thing. He will help us establish a running game and help give our qb a chance to drop back and read the d without immediately having to run for his life.

I like all this but if you take Sewell at 2 that means Sam is the QB and him and Perriman don't get along. Perriman pretty much said Sam sucks in a round about way. I think Perriman is possion no matter who the QB is. He is trying to be a deva but does not have the numbers or talent to bakc it up. This guy is a loser in my book. 

I've been on the Penei Sewell train as well, and he is the guy I want (with a trade down from No. 2). 

That said, if we don't trade down, if we don't trade for Watson or Wilson, and if we DO trade Darnold and take a QB at 2, then I think Bucky Brooks' first-round mock draft is exactly how I would like to see it go down. He has us taking Justin Fields at No. 2 and Travis Etienne at 23.

If we were to get those two playmakers, I would be very very happy.

I still prefer Sewell, though (preferably with a trade down).