Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

19 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

BUt lets get back to that moronic, dumb, just laughably stupid part of my post that you cut out, because.... well why exactly?

Glad you asked. Let's play out your campaign against "Fattys"

- Person A is morbidly obese. They have a BMI over 30, they don't diet, they eat fast food, they don't exercise. Their obesity isn't communicable, their diet doesn't lead to a new delta variant of fat molecules that can withstand exercise.

How does that impact our society? They take up a bed that can go to someone else. Sure, fine. You're not wrong.

- Person B is unvaccinated. They have no plans on vaccinating for reasons that are not underlying in nature.

How does that impact society? They take up a bed... but wait, there's more. They are a breeding ground for variants, ones that might render my defenses worthless. And, Person B is a person who can pass on this virus to immunocompromised people, the elderly, children...

So, that's what I think about your crusade against the "Fattys". You're choosing to rally against people who really don't pose a threat to anyone outside themselves - while defending people who are keeping this pandemic going, sheerly out of stubbornness and stupidity.

If you're good with that, I'm going to bluntly tell you that you don't know what you're talking about - so please, stop talking.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

How does it not immediately resolve the issue?  Everyone who is dying are unhealthy with comorbodities, old people who were going to die anyway or obese people. The way you talk is vaccines are the only thing that matter not getting healthy. 

You do things like drop 5% body fat, get your blood sugars below diabetic levels, get Vitamin D levels up over 60 and we can get this moving along too. It shouldn’t be taken lightly like the entire forum here does. A bunch of fat football fans. 

LIS above, it’s not one or the other, it’s both.  And healthy people have and will continue to die of covid.

And as a side note, not all people with comorbidities have unhealthy lifestyles.  Idiopathic hereditary hypertension, type I DM, autoimmune disorders, asthma, etc aren’t lifestyle choices.

You’re a fitness instructor and have a bit of an “if your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail” approach to things.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Glad you asked. Let's play out your campaign against "Fattys"

- Person A is morbidly obese. They have a BMI over 30, they don't diet, they eat fast food, they don't exercise. Their obesity isn't communicable, their diet doesn't lead to a new delta variant of fat molecules that can withstand exercise.

How does that impact our society? They take up a bed that can go to someone else. Sure, fine. You're not wrong.

- Person B is unvaccinated. They have no plans on vaccinating for reasons that are not underlying in nature.

How does that impact society? They take up a bed... but wait, there's more. They are a breeding ground for variants, ones that might render my defenses worthless. And, Person B is a person who can pass on this virus to immunocompromised people, the elderly, children...

So, that's what I think about your crusade against the "Fattys". You're choosing to rally against people who really don't pose a threat to anyone outside themselves - while defending people who are keeping this pandemic going, sheerly out of stubbornness and stupidity.

If you're good with that, I'm going to bluntly tell you that you don't know what you're talking about - so please, stop talking.

Do i need to show you where you said the unvaccinated  would take up hospital beds, as such we should turn them away. Same with the fatties. Its entirely within their power to greatly decrease the likelihood that they have severe symptons from covid. All they have to do is lose weight and get healthy, then their odds are significantly better if they actually contract it, even unvaccinated. By your own logic they are posing a threat, they are potentially taking a hospital bed when if they took steps to lose weight, they would likely not need it. Trust me, i realize all of this is stupid, nor do i dislike obese people and think we should kick them to the curb. But the logic is similar enough to what your using, and its alarming. Its also alarming that i felt i needed to include the last sentence, but didnt want you to think im out here offing the fat ones. More cushin for the pushin is what i always say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Do i need to show you where you said the unvaccinated  would take up hospital beds, as such we should turn them away.

No - you need to respond to this:

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

How does that impact society?

For each category. I've conceded the bed part, and I'm over it - and I've made that pretty clear.

What I'm asking is - which is worse for society

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

No - you need to respond to this:

For each category. I've conceded the bed part, and I'm over it - and I've made that pretty clear.

What I'm asking is - which is worse for society

First of all, i dont need to do anything. And im sorry, i havent seen you concede the bed part before but its nice for you to just give up on that one. Sure, not being vaccinated is worse for society. Lots of things are bad for society, lets get rid of them, am i right? Do you want that list now (yes, i like making lists). Or can we acknowledge/"concede" the awful argument of essentially just letting the unvaccinated die. 

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

as long as we can agree to start letting all the fatties "go", ill spare you of the list.

Can you share the treatment for obesity that is 98-99% effective against death/hospitalization/severe illness that requires 2 injections that are free and take about 1-2 hours each to get done?

Thanks, 

Mankind 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

First of all, i dont need to do anything.

Yet... here you are... doing this:

Sure, not being vaccinated is worse for society. Lots of things are bad for society, lets get rid of them, am i right?

Sure, sign me up. While we're at it, concede that comparing obese to unvaccinated is like comparing an apple to an airplane - they are not comparable in regards to impact and resources required to keep them (and others) safe.

That's where I was ultimately heading - being obese isn't communicable, you're not going to get someone else fat. Being unvaccinated against Covid leads to someone communicating Covid to someone else - which we've established is a foundation for a lot of negative impact that can overwhelm our entire society.

Do you want that list now (yes, i like making lists).

I'm still waiting for a single list.

I can actually make a list of things you'd say you'd make a list on, but didn't follow up with...

Or can we acknowledge/"concede" the awful argument of essentially just letting the unvaccinated die. 

Nope - because if they're ignoring basic scientific resources now, why spend more complex scientific resources on them later?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yet... here you are... doing this:

Sure, sign me up. While we're at it, concede that comparing obese to unvaccinated is like comparing an apple to an airplane - they are not comparable in regards to impact and resources required to keep them (and others) safe.

That's where I was ultimately heading - being obese isn't communicable, you're not going to get someone else fat. Being unvaccinated against Covid leads to someone communicating Covid to someone else - which we've established is a foundation for a lot of negative impact that can overwhelm our entire society.

I'm still waiting for a single list.

I can actually make a list of things you'd say you'd make a list on, but didn't follow up with...

Nope - because if they're ignoring basic scientific resources now, why spend more complex scientific resources on them later?

But I don’t need to be, I choose to, see how that works. And no, I will not concede that comparing the unvaccinated to the obese is a bad comparison. Both are a choice and both potentially take up resources. I’m only playing by your rules. 

Homelessness is bad For society. Let’s get “rid” of all of them. And by rid, I mean kill. Let’s kill the homeless because it’s bad for society. Drug dealers… bad for society, kill’em.  Scam artists… bad for society. You take money from grams, we cut your throat. Literally. Thieves are bad for society, steal donuts from the gas station, well that’s a death penalty. All those things are public knowledge now, why have to say it agin later? Once is enough, am I right? Sounds pretty stupid though, huh?

10 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

But I don’t need to be, I choose to, see how that works.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

And no, I will not concede that comparing the unvaccinated to the obese is a bad comparison.

But it is.

Both are a choice and both potentially take up resources. I’m only playing by your rules. 

One is communicable and is a threat to society. The other is being obese. Neither is great, but one is significantly worse than the other.

Homelessness is bad For society. Let’s get “rid” of all of them.

It's not a choice to be homeless. It's a choice to be unvaccinated.

Drug dealers… bad for society, kill’em.  

You understand we have laws against this, and send people to jail for this, right? Can we send unvaccinated people to jail? I'll buy that! Yeah, now you're making sense!

Scam artists… bad for society. You take money from grams, we cut your throat.

Jail! Send em to jail! Along with the unvaccinated! I'll buy that for a dollar!

Thieves are bad for society, steal donuts from the gas station, well that’s a death penalty.

Send em to jail too! Along with the unvaccinated! Woohoo!

Sounds pretty stupid though, huh?

Your comparisons are incredibly stupid, but you're pointing something out in your ramblings (gonna make it bold so you don't get distracted and miss it):

Each one of those is bad for society - and society has an applicable punishment for said behavior. You sell crack, you go to jail. You steal money, you go to jail. You punch someone in the face, jail.

You're unvaccinated and... what is the applicable punishment, again?

Because I don't think you can send the unvaccinated to jail. So... what do we do?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

How does it not immediately resolve the issue?  Everyone who is dying are unhealthy with comorbodities, old people who were going to die anyway or obese people. The way you talk is vaccines are the only thing that matter not getting healthy. 

You do things like drop 5% body fat, get your blood sugars below diabetic levels, get Vitamin D levels up over 60 and we can get this moving along too. It shouldn’t be taken lightly like the entire forum here does. A bunch of fat football fans. 

What @ET80 said.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This thread is emotionally exhausting. 

If you told me one year ago that we currently have a vaccine that works and this many people are refusing to take it, I would've laughed in your face. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If exercise and eating well was the singular answer to covid, this doesn’t happen.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2923061-browns-myles-garrett-not-sure-when-hell-be-fully-recovered-from-covid-19

In case anyone isn’t sure if the Myles Garrett character is physically fit, have a look for yourself.

660f366eb247936ce2bcc7c4b4861100

I don’t know man. He looks obese to me lol.

• Like 1