Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

ok, so you do want I go to potential strains on resources and burning out the healthcare system. We’re not there yet, if we get there, we can start throwing people out if needed. But that’s a ways away if it even happens. So Right now, your burden is a mask. 

You think 17 months of a pandemic is not/has not put a strain or caused burnout of Healthcare system staff/ resources?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You think 17 months of a pandemic is not/has not put a strain or caused burnout of Healthcare system staff/ resources?

Only going to get worse around here as more and more hospitals are mandating vaccines and many people are quitting as a result. I know a few who are and are vaccinated bc they don't like anyone being forced to do anything. 

Feel like this can't be isolated and I'm sure both are happening elsewhere in the country. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Ice Cube What GIF

...the immunocompromised who can't get the vaccine (people with cancer, children under 12, the elderly, people with severe allergies to the components in the vaccine, etc) is the guy with a broken leg

...the unvaccination crowd (people who can get the vaccine but choose not to for non-legit reasons) is the healthy guy who makes the choice to not run from the bear and want others to carry him.

@Deadpulse - you're good with Sigs, can you draw us a very crude pic? Stick men and glitter, please?

Untitled.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Some positive news in the sea of negativity.

It’s both heartening to see this news but also sad that it took a surge and possibly deaths to get people’s attention about getting vaccinated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Yes, people would still need vaccines. But exercise boosts your immune system, that’s a fact. There’s plenty of evidence that shows being healthy and in good physical condition helps dealing with COVID. So yes, we would still need vaccines but a drastically more healthy population would help as well. And while healthy lifestyles may not cure disease, it does help prevent it. So not so stupid.

An inconsequential improvement in the grand scheme of things. So yes, stupid to suggest it would make a significant difference. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Only going to get worse around here as more and more hospitals are mandating vaccines and many people are quitting as a result. I know a few who are and are vaccinated bc they don't like anyone being forced to do anything. 

Feel like this can't be isolated and I'm sure both are happening elsewhere in the country. 

Nurses have been leaving the field in droves since the pandemic began. The improved pay at private hospitals have helped but States are NOT giving them what they deserve. I HATE that ARP funds were given to states with no instruction. Maine has completely bungled it. They STILL have not got a plan. They announced a bonus for nurses a month ago "pending approval". Approval from who? No one will say. Have we heard any details or news since? Nope. 

Do staff in hospitals in your state need MMR-Varicella and/or Flu vaccines? All are required in ME. Makes it strange that some have such a hard time accepting a COVID vaccine given all the other requirements they have been subject to for decades.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Nurses have been leaving the field in droves since the pandemic began. The improved pay at private hospitals have helped but States are NOT giving them what they deserve. I HATE that ARP funds were given to states with no instruction. Maine has completely bungled it. They STILL have not got a plan. They announced a bonus for nurses a month ago "pending approval". Approval from who? No one will say. Have we heard any details or news since? Nope. 

Do staff in hospitals in your state need MMR-Varicella and/or Flu vaccines? All are required in ME. Makes it strange that some have such a hard time accepting a COVID vaccine given all the other requirements they have been subject to for decades.  

Yeah I don’t agree with healthcare professionals quitting because of a vaccine mandate. A lot of other reasons like bad pay and burnout, then yeah. But not a vaccine mandate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

Yeah I don’t agree with healthcare professionals quitting because of a vaccine mandate. A lot of other reasons like bad pay and burnout, then yeah. But not a vaccine mandate.

there was a nurse shortage before the pandemic in most of the US. Boomers are leaving the industry and new nurse graduates are at an all time low. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I think they require flu vaccines but that's all I know and I only know that b/c my wife's organization (she isn't even a nurse) had to get it and she's not even client facing. Found it odd but she did it anyway. I know they incentivized people getting the Covid vaccine by holding a lottery much like the state did. Drew one winner for 10k a week for like 2 months. It helped but they mandated the vaccine last week and she's already seen many resignations. Reading FB responses from news stories about other local area hospitals following suit is really disheartening.

To add to your second statement about the nurse shortage for younger people; you're right as that is true around here as well. The other big problem is the quality of some of those nurses. It's.... well.... awful. They're very unprofessional and simply seem like they're in it for the money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The other big problem is the quality of some of those nurses. It's.... well.... awful. They're very unprofessional and simply seem like they're in it for the money.

Ive seen this too. Isolated incident but we had a novice nurse (under 1 year experience when we hired her) who was working in a family's home for about 3 months. She was phenomenal, family loved her, and so did her clinical supervisor. Then one day, she calls the office and tells one of my recruiters that she is putting her two weeks in to go to a hospital. 100% because the pay was better. She worked out her 2 weeks but she pulled a complete 180. She came in late, left early, was rude to the family, belittled the Mother's stay at home job, etc etc. It got so bad I had to go out to the home to apologize to the family for her behavior. She burned a bridge with my office and I sent her name to the Homecare Alliance in ME, so she will have a hard time finding work in my industry again. 

I feel sorry for Vikings fans. Kirk Cousins is…. Something else…..

Thank God 90% of my team got vaccinated. Baker flat out said it’s a competitive advantage. Myles Garrett was messed up from this crap and he’s built like a Demi God.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Bahaha, that's hilarious.

I wonder if Cousins plans on running no huddle shotgun on every play - because isn't huddling up sort of not maintaining social distancing?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Thank God 90% of my team got vaccinated. Baker flat out said it’s a competitive advantage. Myles Garrett was messed up from this crap and he’s built like a Demi God.

Sad because I liked the dude too. Thought he got short chained with WFT but handled it well for the most part. Even if he was a little weird. But now, yeah he’s a loser.