NBA Fantasy Draft - Discussion Thread - Draft Starts Noon EST on 3/14

MKnight82

Just now, FinneasGage said:

he just had so much charisma in the predraft process. kinda like anthony edwards in the lead up process where it was like **** i don't know if this dudes gonna be good, but i just want this guy on my team i trust him to make it work. same **** with like oladipo... donovan mitchell had that. dame had it. sexton kinda had it. fox had it. jaylen had it. smart had it even tho he's not super good. more often than not, those dudes that just pop in the interviews just make it work. 

Are you speaking about Gordon or Exum? I'll also never forget them saying during the broadcast that Exum was surprised that he was appearing on mock drafts and wasn't even considering entering the draft before the Nike Hoop Summit. 

Utah really whiffed on Dante Exum and Enes Kanter in the top 5. Two European guys with super limited tape.  

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Are you speaking about Gordon or Exum? I'll also never forget them saying during the broadcast that Exum was surprised that he was appearing on mock drafts and wasn't even considering entering the draft before the Nike Hoop Summit. 

Utah really whiffed on Dante Exum and Enes Kanter in the top 5. Two European guys with super limited tape.  

talking about gordon. exum sucked at interviews was just a whiny dude the whole time. remember him saying he didn't wanna get drafted by Utah because they had trey burke on the roster lol. that's when i was turned off to him. 

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

talking about gordon. exum sucked at interviews was just a whiny dude the whole time. remember him saying he didn't wanna get drafted by Utah because they had trey burke on the roster lol. that's when i was turned off to him. 

Yeah I remember him publicly stating that he wanted to play for the Lakers. When we took him there was also some chatter that he might force a trade out. At the time I was worried that he'd bolt for LA in free agency as soon as he could. 

He ended up becoming a valuable trade chip though. We traded him to Cleveland for Jordan Clarkson and they were able to trade him for Allen/Prince.

10 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

as it turns out AG has become the biggest cornball in the league. nobody has switched up more from college to the league than AG personality wise. 

He acts like he is good. That’s the sad part. I was in tears from laughing when I heard he requested a trade to a larger market with plenty of branding opportunities.

Who does he think he is?

24 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i can't even **** on them. Dipo was my number one in 2013. in 2014 Exum was 1 and Gordon was my 2. 15 I wanted Mario. 16 i don't think igaf. 17 i wanted DSJ or Mitchell. 18 Bamba was my #1 prospect. 19' idaf. 20 i wanted cole. they've done pretty much i wanted every year lmao. 

honestly they've been super unlucky in the lotto tho too. missed out on a few easy-call superstars by one pick. 

Dipo and Porter were my top 2 in 13. After that it seems like you like all the guys I don't.

5 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He acts like he is good. That’s the sad part. I was in tears from laughing when I heard he requested a trade to a larger market with plenty of branding opportunities.

Who does he think he is?

nobody has more cringy quotes in the last two years than AG. he was in ****in uncle drew and i swear since then he's acted like the biggest ****boy lol

23 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Reddick started slow but he's still one of the purest shooters in the league and absolutely nobody better at drawing 4 point plays

JJ Reddick and Adam Morrison competing for NPOY was one of the funnest years I've had as a college basketball fan. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He was supposed to be Porzingis on offense and Gobert on defense. 

Looking at recent Magic draft history and man it's pretty bad. 

2013 - Victor Oladipo (#2 overall)

2014 - Aaron Gordon (#4 overall)

2015 - Mario Hezonja (#5 overall)

2016 - Domantas Sabonis (#11 overall) - Traded for Serge Ibaka (lol)

2017 - Jonathan Isaac (#6 overall)

2018 - Mo Bamba (#6 overall)

2019 - Chuma Okeke (#16 overall)

2020 - Cole Anthony (#15 overall) 

I wish the Pistons could draft this good. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He was supposed to be Porzingis on offense and Gobert on defense. 

Looking at recent Magic draft history and man it's pretty bad. 

2013 - Victor Oladipo (#2 overall)

2014 - Aaron Gordon (#4 overall)

2015 - Mario Hezonja (#5 overall)

2016 - Domantas Sabonis (#11 overall) - Traded for Serge Ibaka (lol)

2017 - Jonathan Isaac (#6 overall)

2018 - Mo Bamba (#6 overall)

2019 - Chuma Okeke (#16 overall)

2020 - Cole Anthony (#15 overall) 

Isaac is developing a little, albeit slowly. I like Cole - he might end up solid as well. That list is laughable though. 

Wizards

The 2011 draft is one that always pisses me off. I remember to this day, Wiz sat at 6, and I kept saying oh my god get Klay Thompson... he's going to kill it. Nope - they were sold on some stupid John Wall alley-ooping to Jan Vesely BS. 

2013 - I wanted Noel over Otto Porter. Can't say I won that one. 

I do remember laughing at the Bucks for taking Parker over Embiid in 14.

HATED the Troy Brown pick. HATED it. Was so pissed when MPJ didn't fall one more pick. I actually wanted Wagner at that point, which isn't saying anything but we ended up with him anyway.