Raiders trade C Rodney Hudson + 7th to Arizona for 3rd round pick

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

The Vic Tafur story is a must read is you have access.  Pretty damning, almost sounds like we have a OL revolt going on.  Can't imagine this stuff goes over well in the locker room and around the league.

Hmm so it’s wasn’t just nelly interesting 

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

If he wanted out that was a class act by us to release him. It’s wack to lose a C that gave 3 sacks total the entire time he was here?

I get it if he wants out and we want to do him right by moving on (and avoiding further distractions), but how in the hell wasn't he traded? 

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I get it if he wants out and we want to do him right by moving on (and avoiding further distractions), but how in the hell wasn't he traded? 

I remember someone mentioning that nobody wanted him via trade because of his age.

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

If he wanted out that was a class act by us to release him. It’s wack to lose a C that gave 3 sacks total the entire time he was here?

Not a class act but rather a coach that is not capable of talking to his players.  My GM at work is like him.  Would rather let people stay at home on unemployment than fix the safety issues.  I do not know how we saved $9.9 million cash.  The dead money is usually guarantees that have already been paid.  So he was already paid to play this year minus the $3.5 million he agreed to release.  If Gruden was a good leader he would be able to express to Hudson what the plan was moving forward and how he is a needed asset in that plan.  If Hudson is a locker room cancer trying to agitate other players to go against Gruden then get rid of him but he was a leader and team captain.  How bad does it have to be for the captain to come and ask to be released.  On top of that Gruden's reply being that quick shows he wanted it to happen.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Not a class act but rather a coach that is not capable of talking to his players.  My GM at work is like him.  Would rather let people stay at home on unemployment than fix the safety issues.  I do not know how we saved $9.9 million cash.  The dead money is usually guarantees that have already been paid.  So he was already paid to play this year minus the $3.5 million he agreed to release.  If Gruden was a good leader he would be able to express to Hudson what the plan was moving forward and how he is a needed asset in that plan.  If Hudson is a locker room cancer trying to agitate other players to go against Gruden then get rid of him but he was a leader and team captain.  How bad does it have to be for the captain to come and ask to be released.  On top of that Gruden's reply being that quick shows he wanted it to happen.

These are valid points

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

ive been saying this for a while now. andre james has not been good in his limited time. i dont know where people have gotten this impression. he was pretty bad throughout the entire lions game

snacks harrison is a good player, but you cant have that lol

Edited by Turnobili

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Hmm so it’s wasn’t just nelly interesting 

To paraphrase it for non-subscribers: 

• Hudson was frustrated because the team only has 1 winning season in his 6 years here and how we've treated the rest of our offensive line who are a tight group. 

•. We were planning to hold Trent Brown until training camp and essentially force him to restructure so we wouldn't have to pay him $14M but his camp was pissed and the Patriots offered a pick so we moved on before it got messy.

• We didn't want to pay Richie $5M so we cut him because at 38 and coming off a major lower body injury we didn't think there would be much of a market for him so he'd be forced to resign with us for less or retire. 

• We haven't cut Gabe Jackson yet and we're asking him to restructure down to around $6M APY. And we're apparently planning to hold him until other teams run out of money so he won't have much of a choice despite his agent making it clear they want him to be cut ASAP. 

• We gave Denzelle Good a super low ball offer and that didn't sit well with the rest of our OL because of how well he played last season across the line for $2M. 

4 hours ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

The Vic Tafur story is a must read is you have access.  Pretty damning, almost sounds like we have a OL revolt going on.  Can't imagine this stuff goes over well in the locker room and around the league.

It isn't necessarily a revolt IMO. They're mad that we want them to take pay cuts is what it looks like to me. They played decent but want to be paid like they're apart of a top 5 OL. They aren't. 

I've seen plenty of fans complain about how we overpay our OL. They are overpaid. I think we are correcting that. I'm okay with what is happening.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

To paraphrase it for non-subscribers: 

• Hudson was frustrated because the team only has 1 winning season in his 6 years here and how we've treated the rest of our offensive line who are a tight group. 

•. We were planning to hold Trent Brown until training camp and essentially force him to restructure so we wouldn't have to pay him $14M but his camp was pissed and the Patriots offered a pick so we moved on before it got messy.

• We didn't want to pay Richie $5M so we cut him because at 38 and coming off a major lower body injury we didn't think there would be much of a market for him so he'd be forced to resign with us for less or retire. 

• We haven't cut Gabe Jackson yet and we're asking him to restructure down to around $6M APY. And we're apparently planning to hold him until other teams run out of money so he won't have much of a choice despite his agent making it clear they want him to be cut ASAP. 

We gave Denzelle Good a super low ball offer and that didn't sit well with the rest of our OL because of how well he played last season across the line for $2M. 

Bolded. I'm wondering what a low ball offer is considered. Our OL is used to being overpaid. We may have offered him 6M a season to play guard and they snapped. That would be a reasonable offer IMO. 

We've got egg on our face and the Mack trade makes players have to really make this about 'the business' so good for them for leaving and letting future employees know how they'll be treated. We're in deep dodo. Mark might have to fire everybody if we don't win a playoff game this year because losing 60 mil to fire Gruden after this year will be peanuts if nobody wants to play under him. Better sign Miller now if he wants to stay or trade him and draft an entire oline. Might have to anyways...